Appeals which have been closed.
Kholdgrave
Byond Username: Kholdgrave

[RescueRanger] Garcia Hotspur - Jobban for arming the crew

Post by Kholdgrave » #129104

Byond account and character name: Kholdgrave - Garcia Hotspur
Banning admin: RescueRanger
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Head Job Ban
Ban reason and length:(MANUAL BAN) Handed out guns freely to crew memebers causing issues. The ban is for 10080 minutes and expires on 2015-10-31 09:02:15
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-10-24 09:02:15
Your side of the story: I was the Captain during a low player round with absolutely no security personnel which left the armory completely unguarded. I decided to arm the crew with guns, seeing as no security meant that there would be no one capable of saving them from being viciously assaulted. No one actually killed each other, aside from Russian Roulette incidents that I was not involved with.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Aside from the fact that no one harmed each other with the guns at all, I've armed the crew on multiple occasions with nothing even resembling a complaint. Also, as a sidenote, I didn't hand out tasers. The weapons handed out were Riot Shotguns, Laser Guns, and Energy guns.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Re: [RescueRanger] Garcia Hotspur - Jobban for arming the cr

Post by Amelius » #129123

I don't recall people getting banned for !AMERICA! rounds where the armory is handed out in the past, so long as it isn't done every round, and that's without adequate rationale, i.e. lowpop sub-30 pop with no one guarding the armory.

I mean, what's better, everyone being armed or no one being armed with the armory defenseless so the first antag to break in can kill almost everyone without anything resembling comparable opposition?
Kholdgrave

Post by Kholdgrave » #129128

Right? Funny enough, the round before that one had no one guarding the armory which allowed me to walk in, take the entire armory with no one finding out aside from my fellow lings. What followed was a complete butchering of the station crew.

Even though I do hand out guns often, I've only handed out guns in cases like Xenos, Blobs, or Cult Meme Xenos, which have been happening pretty often.
Last edited by Kholdgrave on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #129131

This does not seem bannable in any way and i have a sneaking suspicion we do not have the whole story
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #129132

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Kholdgrave

Post by Kholdgrave » #129142

Yeah it doesn't seem bannable in anyway, which is why I took it here instead of just toughing it out. If I did something like kidnap a clown, buckle cuff him to a chair, and whip him with my chain of command while calling him Toby, I'd understand if I caught a jobban over that, but distributing guns from an unwatched armory to the crew doesn't seem bannable at all.
RescueRanger
Byond Username: RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #129205

Ban removed even though i highly disagree with handing guns out start of round and would leave this ban in place if it was up to me.
Spoiler:
imblyings wrote:ADMIN: Ausops (FLW): why would we import furry bears from a different hemisphere only to eat them don't be silly
imblyings wrote:Australia has had a track record of uprisings being crushed under the jackboot of their prison island overlords tg will be no different
oranges wrote:<oranges> I know we all have small dick
[Security] Francis Gallyus says, "Hard light cuffs on the HoP, we might have mexican immigrants, boys."