[SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permanent Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
SergeantSkread
Byond Username: SergeantSkread

[SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permanent Ban

Post by SergeantSkread » #136046

Byond account and character name: SergeantSkread, character name was probably Charles Aggerholm but i'm not sure

Banning admin: SubtleGraces

Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server.

Ban reason and length: Image

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2013-10-21 10:24:54 Server Time

Your side of the story: As I remember it, I had recently gotten off a permaban for kidnapping a guy, taking them into a maintenance tunnel and doing sexually suggestive emotes. After I got unbanned, I was acting like a jerk graytiding. I saw a guy in a wizard suit, I was still relatively new to the game so I thought it was a real wizard, and I killed him, then I got banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I was a real asshole griefer back then and I even evaded my ban afterwards, I know that's really a terrible thing to do but I moved on from SS13 and haven't touched it in a pretty long while. The ban was two years ago and I think i've matured enough to be let back in. Two years might not seem a lot but someone can change a lot in that time - I was 16 back then and a 16 year old guy can be real dumb. I was selfish back then and didn't think about anybody else's enjoyment but my own and that is why I griefed. I came back to SS13 around january of this year (but I stopped again around may).

I was unbanned from /vg/station in february 2015 and from paradise a bit later than that, with no real troubles on both stations. I'd like to return to SS13, talked with a friend about it and he told me /tg/station was the best station nowadays to play on so I wanted to try my luck getting unbanned. As I said earlier, it's been a long while and I think i'm ready to come back in. I haven't played SS13 in about six months and I think coming back with a fresh perspective into the game could help me a lot.

I had already tried to appeal this ban two months ago, in September but it was denied by Scones. I hope it's not too early to try again.

I remember an analogy Scones used on my previous appeal that struck me and remained on my mind was something about me being like someone who was in prison and just sat still all day, how could he know I had really improved? I'll try playing on the servers I was unbanned from when I have time (i've had real life problems and i've also been real busy with changing works and relocating between houses) and come back with vouches and stuff.

Thank you for listening, and have a nice day.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permanent Ban

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #136049

Yeah get someone to vouch for you saying you were at least an average player.

Overall pretty good appeal one of the better ones I've seen, SG is MIA so yeah, get someone to vouch for you and you should be good to go.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #136061

Old thread:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ad#p116247

My opinion: Just look at the portion of the old appeal linked about multiple evasions. Maybe evading once can be forgiven but like 3+ times for memes, come on. It's what deterred the appeal last time.
SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #136081

NikNakFlak wrote:Old thread:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ad#p116247

My opinion: Just look at the portion of the old appeal linked about multiple evasions. Maybe evading once can be forgiven but like 3+ times for memes, come on. It's what deterred the appeal last time.
It might not really help but i'd just like to remind (as I did in IRC at the time of the first appeal) that, like, half of the evasions attributed to me are not mine as I used a public VPN that was apparently used by some other guy who was evading bans, too.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #136084

At least 2 of them had your username in them around the time you talked in IRC back to back as well as a few linking via IPs to your account, I could pull a data dump but ugh, work.

Edit:Here's what I got that I can directly tie to you. Both this IP and the CIDs shown here are trash can throwaway garbage so I feel no need to censor them. Although yes, the IP is a proxy, it's rare for proxies to exactly share the same IP, they normally just share ranges. And most notably here is at least the notsergentskread and skread accounts were just meme evasions, I remember specifically talking to you before banning you and you would always reply "Aww come on man" or something along the lines of that. Logs before that are ancient history so I couldn't pull up stuff honestly. You may have been unbanned from other servers but that's because you drudged up most of your garbage here. Then there's the thing where the IPs from when you joined the teamspeak server link back to more accounts. Of course, this is all making connections through IP and an old document I made did make some false connections but I can reasonably confirm at least some of these are yours.

http://imgur.com/pRngklk
Image too large for preview
SergeantSkread

Post by SergeantSkread » #136283

The "skread", "braindude" and "notsergeantskread" keys are all mine, no clue about the other ones
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #137939

Looks like you've gone off to get vouches and that's ok, we'll wait. I don't see any active bans on /vg/ either so just make a new thread when you come back with vouches and you should be ok.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.