[antonkr] Vexter - I was being an ass

Appeals which have been closed.
Vexter

[antonkr] Vexter - I was being an ass

Post by Vexter » #9174

Byond account and character name: Vexter / Eric Gadow
Banning admin: antonkr
Ban reason and length: Joined as a chemist then distributed poisonous pills, and shot them with chloral. When the HoS arrested them and demoted them decided to get revenge. Went to chemistry, killed the captain, and then said that he was going to blow up the HoS. .
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12:40 ish, eastern standard time 5/26/2014
Your side of the story: Basically it started off with very little people, so I decided to make some fun and try to poison people with chloral after the other chemist gave me exploding cigarettes, I thought he was trying to kill me so I gave him the chloral and the roboticist took him to be borged. He woke up, I messed up on the dosage, and the roboticist got arrested, I thought it was my fault so I decided to try and free him. I had to get a card to get in so I tried to make some acid shots and get the HoS's card. I failed, got arrested, went a little crazy, and decided I was going to kill the HoS for arresting me and roboticist. I went to chemistry but, being demoted, was unable to get in. The captain was standing there afk, SSD whatever, and I didn't even know he was the captain, so I killed him, hoping he had the access I needed to get into chemistry to make a bomb and kill the HoS, I don't know how to make grenades so I decided it was to be a suicide run.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was being an ass, I admit it, I am sorry, I didn't know what was constitute a ban so I had no idea how far I could go. It's just exam week, I wan't to let out some aggression, and I am really sorry. I'm not trying to excuse my actions, I just want a second chance.
Edit: Also I would like to say that I am relatively new to this game and server, I have no Idea how far I could go to get banned.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Re: [antonkr] Vexter - I was being an ass

Post by Antonkr » #9195

Basically this at first just seemed like an outright case of random griff.

You at first decided to chloral the chemist after he gave you explosive chems. Alright that's fine, and mostly understandable.

You then wanted to get HoS's card by I believe attacking them, which was understandable on their part.

You decided to get back to chemistry to try and blow up and kill the HoS. Not okay. HoS arrested you for a completely understandable reason, and trying to get minor revenge on them would be understandable. Blowing them up/killing them? Not so much.

To get into chemistry you decided to kill the braindead captain for his ID. He was braindead at the time, but upon hearing attack noises got back into the game and ahelped you. This was not okay. Killing the captain to get an ID to get into chemistry is just being a major dick. Stealing the ID off his body would be fine, but killing him first? Not really.

With that said, do you see what you did wrong? How do you think you could have handled this situation better?
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Vexter

Post by Vexter » #9197

I should have either gone for minor revenge like putting space lube in the hallway or not at all, also my killing the captain was a dick move, I should have just either asked AI for help or someone in medical to help me get in. I defiantly see what was wrong, killing the HoS for arresting me was disproportionate revenge, I just some times don't think before acting. Wait, the captain tried to help ME when I attacked HIM? Well now I feel like an outright ass...
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #9199

Vexter wrote:I should have either gone for minor revenge like putting space lube in the hallway or not at all, also my killing the captain was a dick move, I should have just either asked AI for help or someone in medical to help me get in. I defiantly see what was wrong, killing the HoS for arresting me was disproportionate revenge, I just some times don't think before acting. Wait, the captain tried to help ME when I attacked HIM? Well now I feel like an outright ass...
I should have phrased it better, he sent an adminhelp (message to admins), but even still. I am going to lower this ban to a day, but I also suggest you observe for a day or so after to get a better feel for what may be right or wrong. Also don't be afraid to adminhelp if you are unsure about a situation.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Vexter

Post by Vexter » #9200

Thank you, and again, really sorry.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #9266

I literally killed myself during this round at a certain point because holy fuck there were so many complete fucking assholes for security to deal with. Titanlord can back me up.

And you're about to be released? LOL YAKKETY SAX AROUND SECURITY THAT'LL SHOW THEM LEL GREY TIDE! Fuck off. You deserve a chem ban. If you're experienced enough to know how to make chloral in chemistry and deadly pills but you don't know WHAT THE CAPTAIN LOOKS LIKE I think you're full of shit.

Edit: Holy shit, this is a different round actually, so you did this FUCKING TWICE.

Anton, if you look back in the logs to earlier that day, 6amish, I distinctly remember Eric greifing hardcore in the morning as well. Search for a round where I was detective and Melody Fea was the HoS, he was being a complete jackoff all round.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.