[Iziman] shrimp.tk - Perma Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
shrimp.tk
Byond Username: Shrimp.tk

[Iziman] shrimp.tk - Perma Appeal

Post by shrimp.tk » #144580

Byond account and character name: IC: Angeline Pershling cKey: shrimp.tk

Banning admin: Iziman

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma on main server.

Ban reason and length: "As CMO, ordered a supermatter shard, the shard ended up killing a lot of people. didn't answer when asked about it. Explain yourself on the forums." -Perma

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-01-03 05:13:38 Central

Your side of the story: Let me give you the context, station is falling apart and the nukies haven't even shown up yet, there's no power and engineering is all either sitting in the morgue or jacking off in some dark maint tunnel, Medbay is totally fucked without power and Sec is absolutely useless. So I, wanting to preserve some sense of sanity on the station before I fucking kill myself from the incompetence, took matters into my own hands. I knew the CE was still out there somewhere, drunk probably, so I thought with some work I could get some radiation setup going with the supermatter shard, so I nabbed a radsuit and got to it. As I was toting the thing to engineering from cargo some loser assistant grabs the thing and runs off with it, also killing me in the process. This is where things get messy and people start dying, as an Admin was contacting me, and I had replied once, I had to attend the matter of my idiot fucking brother slicing his hand open forcing me to take him to the hospital to get stitches and as I was not able to continue the ticket, I was permabanned
Why you think you should be unbanned: Even though trying to do the whole of engineering's job as CMO was a little powergamey, albeit I was killed prior, trying to save my sinking ship of a Medbay shouldn't invalid, but sadly several idiots got killed in the process and the blood is on my hands. I would ask for a reduction at least, but not a perma.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Iziman] shrimp.tk - Perma Appeal

Post by Saegrimr » #144583

The perma is just to get people who log during things like this to come to the forums, be it deliberate or through some other reason (like your awesome brother there).
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
shrimp.tk
Byond Username: Shrimp.tk

Post by shrimp.tk » #144585

Saegrimr wrote:The perma is just to get people who log during things like this to come to the forums, be it deliberate or through some other reason (like your awesome brother there).
Yeah, I understand that much. It's kind of a common theme among literally ever server. But regardless, no one wants a perma sitting over their head.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #144588

Hi, "Idiot Assistant" here. You were just standing there with a supermatter shard in the hallway in front of the bridge, wearing a radiation suit. I watched you and you must have been standing there with the damn thing in the middle of the hallway, like you were WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO RUN INTO IT, for 30+ seconds, and then occasionally changing its position. I asked you why the hell you had a supermatter shard and you didn't say a single word, so I grabbed it and started running for maintenance to get it off the station and keep anyone from dying to it, because _that is literally the only reason anyone ever has a supermatter shard in a hallway_.

Don't try to offload this on me. You knowingly dragged a shard into a hallway -- knowingly because you were wise enough to put on a radiation suit -- and just freaking stood there with it. I don't even think you announced you were going to be moving it on comms to anyone.

You weren't dragging it to engineering from cargo. You took it OVER the bridge and were sitting to the right of the bridge at the hallway junction.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #144590

HoS here. Before you ordered the shard you announced over the comms console that you "liked getting fucked in the ass by Ian" and shot me with a fuckton of morphine when I tried to arrest you.

I also saw the greyshirt dragging the shard off, and am inclined to believe that the CMO was trying to get someone killed with it because they honestly seemed pretty shitty.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #144595

I've lifted the perma and applied a 2 day ban, althought you are going to stay on probation for a while, in case you do something like this again, such as standing in the halls with a supermatter. Next time leave it in the crate until you are in a safe spot.