[Jud1c470r] Pascal123 - "Murdering" an Assistant.

Appeals which have been closed.
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

[Jud1c470r] Pascal123 - "Murdering" an Assistant.

Post by Pascal123 » #147348

Byond account and character name:Pascal123/Betrays-Its-Kin

Banning admin:Jud1c470r

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Bagil

Ban reason and length: "Murdering an assistant for saying ligger." - 1440 Minutes.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):2016-01-18 23:39:46

Your side of the story: I had just signed up, walked around, an assistant wearing a monkey mask runs up repeating "LIGGERLIGGERLIGGERLIGGER"and following me, slipping me on wet floor tiles and generally being an annoying cunt. I don't see what's so hard to understand in the simple fact that i am not in the mood for this type of bullshit, Especially when it's simply repeating "Ligger" in all caps, following me, and repeatedly slipping me. Either way, blows we're exchanged, I won. He was critted, and then i got banned for "Murder".

Why you think you should be unbanned: Probably because they are simply a group of greytiding assistant friends calling themselves "Monkeymen" who join servers just to provoke people trying to enjoy the game, eventually stirring enough shit to get stationwide manhunted? They contribute nothing to the round. They just annoy people. They probably metacomm too, as one shift they've attacked me all at once out of nowhere, trying to cablecuff and stab me to death with spears.

These are not the kinds of people anyone should be forced to play with.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Re: [Jud1c470r] Pascal123 - "Murdering" an Assistant.

Post by Hibbles » #147371

Did you have a PM conversation with Jewdicator? If so, what was said?
RIP
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #147375

Jewdicator... What an odd name.

"Why are you killing that guy when you're not an antag."
"Hes calling me a ligger and fucking with me, He's done this before."
"That's not really an excuse to murder him is it?"
"Fine. I'll just wait until he inevitably tries to kill me."
"Well. Its a bit late now."
"Alright, Just let me patch this guy up first."

Then i patched him up and got banned. He was never killed. And i was bringing him to medbay mid Admin-PM.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #147412

Hibbles wrote:Jewdicator
Uncalled for.

As for the ban itself I'll admit there was a mistake on the murder front, but you did crit a guy for very little provocation. I can't back up any of your claims about any of the other things he's done but you've been playing for long enough that you should know to report these things to an admin or make a ban request rather than attempt to kill somebody every time they call you a ligger.

So yes while I made a mistake in thinking you'd murdered him, your actions were still far less than satisfactory and maybe a day out will remind you of the appropriate process.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
smittn
Byond Username: Smittn

Post by smittn » #147416

I can only see a complaint about being called a ligger being laughed at. It's IC and should be taken care of IC, and it was. Now I'm not an admin but racism and slipping followed by a fistfight seems like proper escalation. Quit being ban happy when it comes to shitty griefy assistants.

You should however make a ban request if you think/have proof of metacomms like that, pascal.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #147422

Pascal123 wrote:Jewdicator
fucking kek
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #147424

Docprofsmith wrote:
Hibbles wrote:Jewdicator
Uncalled for.

As for the ban itself I'll admit there was a mistake on the murder front, but you did crit a guy for very little provocation. I can't back up any of your claims about any of the other things he's done but you've been playing for long enough that you should know to report these things to an admin or make a ban request rather than attempt to kill somebody every time they call you a ligger.

So yes while I made a mistake in thinking you'd murdered him, your actions were still far less than satisfactory and maybe a day out will remind you of the appropriate process.
This sounds like a complete misrepresentation of the situation, nobody is "killing someone every time he is calling you a ligger". In fact you just said yourself that there was no murder.

Without seeing the actual logs this sounds like a clear case of escalation. He is an annoying cunt shouting ligger, following you and slipping you. You hit him, he hits back, you win the fight and crit him.

Those are exactly the type of situations that are encouraged to take care of IC so I have no idea why a long term player "should know better".
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #147429

I'd do the exact same thing in his situation if I'm totally honest. It's just someone being a nugget followed up by him getting dunked on for it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #147433

I looked at the logs so I could ban the other guy for ban baiting but he didnt even adminhelp this.

The only contact he made with admins was praying for a new life to kill lizards (you were already being banned by then though).

He slipped pascal 9 times while spamming before pascal started killing him.

Seems like an undeeded ban.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #147438

Just making a joke Jude, I love you baby

I've been on Bagil just enough to see that what we gained in quantity, we did so by, uh, diluting some of the quality on occasion. And sometimes a lot. It's simply a different situation from Sibyl on occasion, when your'e dealing with FAGBBALLS HITLERHITLER the assistant in a mask, who magically knows where you put down his other greytide buddy, etc etc. This is the sort of stuff that does not, full stop, happen on Sibyl more than once every few MONTHS. It actually really makes you appreciate our progress from the baseline when it comes to a playerbase that actually isn't a group of chimps...

I've already taken the stance of 'Frontier Justice, motherfucker' with my Bagil adminning, applying way harsher bans than my normal standard to try and bring things back to sanity. I don't think allowing players a bit more leeway to follow suit in the removal of kebabs is unreasonable.
RIP
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #147439

Banning people when the guy never adminhelped needs to stop.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #147442

Tsaricide wrote:Banning people when the guy never adminhelped needs to stop.
I would say the problem here is an admin making up his mind about a situation in advance and not asking any questions to clarify the situation.

In fact he is still misrepresenting the situation in this thread.

If someone states "he is fucking with me" you have to ask in what way to even get a basic understanding of what just happened.

People don't instantly state every detail the moment get an ahelp, in fact its often very hard to tell the difference between an admin just asking a question and one that has the intent to ban you if you don't instantly give the right answer.
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #147482

I actually do have three separate Ckeys and Character names linked to the "Monkeymen" and three separate ban requests with logs that I've had saved since it first began occurring.

I didn't exactly give Jud1c470r much reasoning beyond what i thought would have been an obvious, and seen, reason... I didn't really have much time to either, though. I can't really say i blame him for banning me. I did somewhat jump the gun faster than i usually do. All i knew at the time was that there was no security, and i did not know there was an admin on, it happened fairly quickly and i saw it as justifiable escalation, plus as a human being, i have my limits of how much fucking around i can take from someone...

I've honestly had to deal with these kinds of people enough once it opened to the hub to be fed up by that behavior. If I'm not bothering them, Why should they be allowed to bother me, even if i indicate disapproval of desiring any interaction whatsoever with them? I'm fine with a little racism. In-fact i welcome it, but they should at-least be attempting to make it constructive. Make it interesting for the both of us. Simply repeating a word in all caps and following me when i ignore you is irritating enough, but to then begin slipping/attacking me is even more annoying.

If they aren't prepared to deal with the consequences of their actions, they shouldn't be doing it...
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #147502

The three (four) accounts I have found linked to are:

honkhonkdaclown (the guy who pascal fought with)
taiset/tabuto (Old player with more than 1000 rounds who likely introduced the others to the game. Doesn't have a bad history, only two notes)
lerobopope (Literally has 1 connection logged)

Don't know of any other accounts unless they have a guy who they know who plays on an unrelated IP or whatever. Not a whole lot to do with this specific ban, just looked it up for info sake.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #147503

>If they aren't prepared to deal with the consequences of their actions, they shouldn't be doing it...

They were prepared though, they never adminhelped. He didn't seem particularly bothered by your actions except to continue cursing lizards once revived.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #147539

Tsaricide wrote:Banning people when the guy never adminhelped needs to stop.
Kor wrote:They were prepared though, they never adminhelped. He didn't seem particularly bothered by your actions except to continue cursing lizards once revived.
Yeah, I cant really get behind this ban for the reasons stated above. The guy obviously had it coming and didn't consider it a big enough deal to ahelp.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #147549

The fact that this banned was not removed and the note is still on his account is just a travesty, it's basically ban baiting except the guy never even admin helped.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #147556

since all the shitmins are chiming in i can probably get away with posting my opinion

judicator this was a bad ban and you should apologize to pascal and wipe the note my dude
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #147612

Super Aggro Crag wrote:since all the shitmins are chiming in i can probably get away with posting my opinion

judicator this was a bad ban and you should apologize to pascal and wipe the note my dude
I actually agree now that I've read through this entire mess. I was too quick to jump the gun on a beatdown I'd happened to come across. I'm sorry and I'll get the note removed next time I'm on.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #147661

No hard feelings, people make mistakes. It's a sign of a good admin and person in general to admit to having made them in the first place. That, and i can live without Spessmen for a day.

I don't think admins acting without being Ahelped on Bagil is a bad thing, as in my experience the newer players don't know such a function exists or how to do it. I've had to explain what it was and how to do it to some before.
If anything, it just shows they are willing to moderate and observe Bagil rounds after having opened it to the hub, which is a good thing, as that was one of the main concerns Bagil players had.

It's probably been suggested a dozen times, and maybe planned. But it'd be really helpful to recommend people read the rules and maybe wiki page in the MOTD. As we lack mentorships and some new players seem to lack a general understanding of the rules of TGstation. There was the idea of having a word or phrase on the Rules page that players would need to type to confirm they've read it, before being able to play. Honestly... There's a few ideas Bagil players came up with, but. There has been nobody to suggest it to who can implement, consider, or do anything with them. We just talk to Longbowman about them. He's a nice guy, asks about our opinions and what we think could improve Bagil.
Last edited by Pascal123 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #147662

im gonna post a nice review about you judicator