Byond Username: Cipher3

[MrStonedOne] Cipher3 - permabanned a year ago

Post by Cipher3 » #150365

Cipher3 - Coravin Vattes
Banned by: MrStonedOne
Ban type: Permaban
Ban time: "2015-06-09 18:09:39"
Your side of the story:

Basically, I was greytiding for a number of rounds. I probably have notes still to that effect. In fact I was more or less bored of the game, having played on /tg/ for an extended period of time, and greytiding was something still marginally entertaining. My character had previously encountered the character of the other player in question (jodokaden) multiple rounds and probably done some awful hijinks together and annoyed security a lot. When greytiders come across other greytiders in trouble, in my experience and as far as I played it, they generally try to save them from being arrested or whatever other greytide was being performed. Whenever I got the spare ID I generally left it to the station at large or let other assistants have it or what have you.

It's been a while so I remember only two rounds of interaction with who I believe this was, the first for being infuriating and the second being the round I was banned on. Basically I vigilante'd an HoP whom I was about 90% certain was a traitor doing terrible terrible things and I took his ID card to use as my own(no captain aboard - HoP had free reign and nobody to contend with). I explained that to the other assistant who came in on this (jodokaden) and let him have the access too, but I also didn't have any evidence. One of the HoP's subverted secborgs killed me and spaced me and let the HoP escape. My body floated outside sec wing in space for the rest of the round and my suit sensors were probably off since I tended to turn them off as a statement against surveillance (and shout exactly that back to the CMO offering to save our lives if we turned them on). So my only hope was that he would see the HoP and stop him but when he ran across the HoP he never did and in fact coordinated with him to help govern the station - I literally have no idea what he was thinking and I was about as worked up as I ever could get over SS13 that this was being allowed to happen as, sure enough, the HoP borged and subverted player after player, eliminating the other assistant and flawlessly greentexting with a borg army. APC destroyed mission accomplished.

Forgive me for I forget whether or not these rounds were consecutive.

Sometime later I was captain - actually roundstart captain, by the way, I did it a lot when I wasn't greytiding and would often be the only head or even security holding the station together. In fact, I was the closest thing to an active Security officer this round and it promptly went bad. I remember us having no lighting/power for most of the round and various murders and stuff keeping me busy. At one point I stumbled across the other assistant again on the bridge and she actually tried to kill me - to this day I have no idea why, assumedly a traitor but I think it was with a toolbox or something, whatever. I stunned and cuffed them, buckling them to a chair and then flipped my egun to lethal and tried to execute her on the spot - not usually something I'd do but things were gone bad and I was honestly pissed. My egun was low on ammo though from other things so I didn't have enough to finish the job and I locked her in a room where she had no access or avenues of escape (with my experience in escaping I'd know) and left her without her toolbelt or most of her gear, including any ID card/PDA. I did this because we were without power and the GREYTIDE virus had been triggered/sec broken into - perma was out of commission as a secure site. She was braindead by the time I left so I wasn't really worried and walked away, handling other disasters for probably ~10 minutes before returning to see if she was still braindead or to exeecute or whatever I felt needed to be done.

Three things became obvious: 1. The assistant was no longer there. 2: An explosion had blown a hole in the wall. 3. There was a blood trail leading away through maintenance, a strange thing considering I left the assistant basically naked but not beaten bloody. I started off down that path in spite of knowing that maintenance was a giant series of potential traps when I got an almost immediate admin PM from MSO, at which point I learned that I had come within a minute of the assistant being dragged away by an antagonist and it was demanded of me how I had known what had happened. Since I actually didn't know that fact until I was told and wasn't metacommunicating I didn't have an answer, except that there was a fairly obvious blood trail indicating that someone had been beaten to a pulp in that direction and I was the closest thing to security. The admin was dissatisfied with my reasoning and I was banned with this message.

1. In previous rounds the other player had not only failed to save my (easily retrievable, I gave them all access) body but actually helped my killer after being fooled by them.
2. I was an awful greytider and so were they - the administration can only be aware how these random gangs of tabling or 'ayyy' are common in cause and action, but it wasn't metacomms when they decided to break into the armory or stunned security staging a perma escape from the inside - just common cause in causing trouble, however innocent or malevolent you intend to see it.
3. In the round in which I was banned an attempt on my life was made by the person I was supposedly metacomming with.
4. There was plenty of in-game evidence for me to search for the assistant (and I never even found her).
5. Honestly as far as timing goes I can only explain as much as I did at the time: When you play this game long enough, you run into a lot of strange happenings and alignments of different events and plots. It was also the first time I'd had a moment of quiet running the station so the only opportunity I had to check up on the prisoner - I'd guess now this is because the antag was killing the prisoner instead of causing some active threat to everyone else.

So I think I should be unbanned because the ban was unjust and hastily reached in spite of my offerings of protest - and up until then I'd generally respected MSO. A ban for greytiding would have been different, I'd done enough of that and was more than guilty. In fact I remember thinking at the time it was probably ultimately my notes history that had gotten me banned. I took a long time to make any appeal because I realized I really had worn down on SS13 and a break was the best thing for me. I also believe still that I mostly made boring rounds interesting and hope that I made things entertaining much more than I did aggravating - and I think I did. I still have fond memories of the game and I almost exclusively played on /tg/station, it was simply the server I liked best and felt the most comfortable with, had been active on the forums, in ideas and feedback and policy discussion even. I've looked around recently and it seems like there's a lot of new things I could enjoy again, so I felt a new interest in returning to try and survive as a crewman aboard SS13, especially /tg/station.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [MrStonedOne] Cipher3 - permabanned a year ago

Post by MrStonedOne » #150410

The key thing here, is an admin spawned themselves in as a changeling, dragged the person out, and at about that exact moment, you stopped what you were doing and headed down to where they were.

That plus the reports of possible metacoms we had gotten is why you two got banned.

It's not 100% but you can appreciate how that looks to us.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #150411

Honestly, yeah it's pretty terrible that that was so. I forgot that you mentioned it was admin-spawned, but it really was just the first moment since I'd left that I thought to go check on them, especially since I was thinking of them as a perma prisoner and probably braindead and so very low priority.

Like I said though, the more you play this game the more random coincidences add up with people just in the right/wrong place at the time. I've pulled off or not pulled off a lot of ridiculous antag heists that way and just had to throw my hands up in the air.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #150528

I was part of the operation. It was really obvious to us that it wasn't just a coincidence. Especially combined with previous observation.
We saw you make a beeline for them right at that moment. If you are saying that you went to go check on them, well you never actually did that. Your story is bullshit.
You made a beeline for them right when they got attacked, but never actually went to check on them. You were going down the maint hallway past botany, but rather than turn towards the incinerator, you headed down southwards. You never SAW the assistant wasn't there. you never actually entered the room. We were watching you the whole time.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #150672

palpatine213 wrote:I was part of the operation. It was really obvious to us that it wasn't just a coincidence. Especially combined with previous observation.
We saw you make a beeline for them right at that moment. If you are saying that you went to go check on them, well you never actually did that. Your story is bullshit.
You made a beeline for them right when they got attacked, but never actually went to check on them. You were going down the maint hallway past botany, but rather than turn towards the incinerator, you headed down southwards. You never SAW the assistant wasn't there. you never actually entered the room. We were watching you the whole time.
That's a remarkably proficient memory for an 'operation' nine months ago. I can only assume you're confused and we've all fallen prey to the pitholes of human memory, because I remember seeing a damaged girder in the room that hadn't been there when I had last visited. In hindsight, of course, it would have been best if you had held off on messaging me to see if I could magically find the correct room immediately in my search, which - for the brief time I performed it - involved checking side rooms along maintenance. If MSO had remembered things in the same vein as you have stated, I wish he had clarified such immediately for the sake of transparent communication, and I assume he didn't say it in such a way because he doesn't remember that - because I'm fairly certain it's not the correct series of events, having the advantage that I do of my thoughts being my own and knowing I wasn't metacommunicating to visit him at the time.

It is also my humble opinion that you could do with toning down your hostility - I'm trying to play a game, not burn down an orphanage.

Motivation-wise, it actually seems fairly silly that I was supposedly saving this person's life after we'd tried to kill each other earlier in the round. Was the player even present to be fighting back when the changeling arrived or was he afk? I think I even left them a headset.

Unrelatedly and optionally, why is Basil now Bagil and on the hub?

Half-unrelatedly, I don't suppose the other player ever made a ban appeal?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150677

Basil is now Bagil because people couldn't decide if it was Badger or Basil, and it's on the hub because all the good players left so it needed a population injection. The hub players that greytide get banned, the good ones become part of the community.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #150711

Drop the bullshit I've beyond reasonable evidence you two (Jodokaden) eachother. I recognise that ckey
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #150899

J_Madison wrote:Drop the bullshit I've beyond reasonable evidence you two (Jodokaden) eachother. I recognise that ckey
Please provide ACTUAL evidence other than just hearsay, otherwise this is, again, totally irrelevant to the appeal.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #151081

peoplearestrange wrote:
J_Madison wrote:Drop the bullshit I've beyond reasonable evidence you two (Jodokaden) eachother. I recognise that ckey
Please provide ACTUAL evidence other than just hearsay, otherwise this is, again, totally irrelevant to the appeal.
I've seen Jodo's ckey before, being suspected of metagaming, but I never saw him after that.

Days since friends: 881

For privacy reasons, I'm keeping SteamIDs on a PM to know basis. But here's the evidence that you two do know eachother. For a good two years atleast.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #151177

?
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #151284

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #151822

I feel left out of the conversation on my own ban.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #153824

So I was reminded by somebody that I never resolved this.

I'm gonna say appeal denied.

The original ban reason is a factor.

The steam friends bit is a factor.
The making both profiles private shortly after the friends bit was uncovered is a factor.
The fact that the other person has an alt with a note regarding a known meta friend is a factor, at this point it's not too unreasonable to suspect that that alt's meta friend could be your alt.

All factors that alone wouldn't be enough for me to be comfortable to lock a player out of the server, but together it's pretty damning.