Appeals which have been closed.
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

[Lollerderby] Pascal123 - Rule Zero

Post by Pascal123 » #167873

Byond Account and Character Name: Pascal123, Betrays-Its-Kin

Banning Admin: Lollerderby

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Rule Zero, Servers

Ban reason and length: "Rule zero. You are a toxic influence on this server and community. We will be better off without you." Permanent.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-04-10 06:48:34

Your side of the story: I'm not really sure? I hadn't been playing for quite some time. Visiting every now and then. I had just played several rounds previously today with little problem. Saying very little in OOC and having very little interaction with anyone ICly. Either way. I had alt tabbed out after a shift had ended. When i alt tabbed back in about five minutes later I was greeted with this ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I know i have done some things in the past. I think we all do things we regret once in a while. But the past is the past. I feel that this is unwarranted, quite frankly. Sudden. I'd like to have an explanation as to why this was done, seemingly with such haste out of the blue like that.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [Lollerderby] Pascal123 - Rule Zero

Post by onleavedontatme » #167876

<Shadowmobile> I'm super tired. I'll deal with the appeal tomorrow
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #168007

I spent a while talking with TheLongBowman about your recent behavior, and they are supportive that you have been changing for the better compared to pre hub basil.
I think that lollerderby was extremely hasty with the rule 0 ban. It was still being discussed in adminbus at the time when he placed it.
While I had technically given him the ok to go ahead and ban, it was an "I guess so". after he had continually asked about banning.

I'm probably going to lift the ban here, as honestly this was an out of the blue sort of thing from him that sort of happened really suddenly.
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #168013

Okay... But this still doesn't explain the haste or reasoning for it... It makes me feel threatened as a player. In-fact a handful of admins have taken to randomly insulting me in OOC.To my knowledge i have not been in any trouble as of the past previous months. And have been playing a lot less and interacting rarely.

What have i done as of late that would warrant this kind of behavior or 'Continuously asking about banning', and why has he not explained this ban in detail to me?
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #168046

Personally, I had an issue with you before when basil was ultra lowpop pre hub. That was when I last interacted with you and what I remembered you as. However, I knew that I hadn't interacted with you for a while, and didn't know how you currently were.
As for lollerderby, I'm going to handle that situation myself.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #168047

I move for a explanation to be delivered by Lollerderby in this thread for the ban, including incident details leading up to this and notes history.

Most rule 0 appeals involve admins and especially the banning admin in question explaining the reasoning behind why they dropped the hammer on the rule 0, and usually include prior notes. When these are absent and posts requesting details disappear by people who normally are not involved in the administrative process, shit gets slightly suspicious, doesn't it?
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #168063

iamgoofball wrote:and posts requesting details disappear by people who normally are not involved in the administrative process
Hi,

The two posts removed by me were removed solely because they were shitposting and not relevant.

This one I will allow (unless someone else decides otherwise) because it's a decent, quality post.

Regards,

Jeb
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #168139

I think my original post was relevant, but okay, that works. Thanks babe <3
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #168140

Shit man its almost like FNR has rules that get enforced sometimes.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.