Appeals which have been closed.
Alarmclock
Byond Username: Alarmclock

[Saegrimir] Alarmclock Banned for metafriendship

Post by Alarmclock » #169396

Byond account and character name: Alarmclock Rollo Kinsman

Banning admin:Saegrimir

Ban type (What are you banned from?): From playing

Ban reason and length:Reason: The metafriend conspiracy ends here, if either of you are seen doing this bullshit where you pull eachother across the station looking for trouble to get them escalation valids, this will be permanent. Alarmclock and Pascal123 2880 minutes

Time ban was placed (including time zone):9:06 pm

Your side of the story: Basically I come unto the station, it's already shit. Plasma is leaking and rd throws a welding tool into it for the giggles I guess. I arrest him since sec are basically non-existent. I bring him to sec where they take him. I meet Betrays there and we chill out in sec till they let us loose. While we were waiting Eric something ran around smashing a gravel till he slipped. I grabbed the gravel and hit the gavel block a couple of times. While hitting Eric runs ontop and gets knocked out by it. I shake him till he gets up and say sorry. He grabs the hammer and starts attacking in which I run away. Sec officers tazer him but I don't request time. I hang out with Betrays after this and when in the bar the Eric comes and his the friend the clown slips me on banana which Eric uses the chance to bash my skull in. Betrays saves me by dragging me away. Dude keeps coming I'm almost dead in which Betrays helps me. If he did not I would die. The clown starts helping his friend by trying to banana peel us (I'm sure these two didn't get banned for this). Zango releases a article about sec raping someone. We read it and detective comes who I start calling a rapist. Dude gets angry and chases us as we choke in toxins. He hits me, then betrays with attack intent after stunning us. Both of us are being attacked with lethal force so I stun him and I end him. Betrays saves me cause I go crit from toxins. He's about to pass out since no air tanks. I drag him to grab one and instant ban. Saeg didn't even send a message but banned us instantly. Didn't ask for nothing, didn't investigate just carried out his crusade.

Why you think you should be unbanned:I did nothing wrong, we did nothing wrong. We were literally chilling and reading the news paper together and making fun of sec. We fought back, we used self defense. If someone is attacking someone next to you in real life wouldn't you try to help them? Did Saeg ban the clown and Eric? I didn't hunt for valids, the one chance I attacked/hit someone was on accident when they stepped on the gavel block I was hitting. They moved onto the tile which I was hitting the block and I helped them up after. They were hunting for that sweet valid kill on me since I hit them. I didn't do anything besides chill and fight back when attacked.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimir] Alarmclock Banned for metafriendship

Post by Saegrimr » #169401

Alarmclock wrote:(I'm sure these two didn't get banned for this)
Actually I banned one of the guys for banbaiting after he ahelped being killed by you two after I watched him chase you down and start beating you claiming he din du nuffin.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169402

But why didn't you send me a message? I would have explained it but you straight up banned me. I mean I know when I fuck up and deserve bans but this wasn't those times.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #169405

After observing the two of you doing the pull gimmick since the brig adventure and killing two more people, it was already obvious enough.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169406

Brig adventure? Us meeting in the brig since I dragged someone who threw a welder into plasma and Betrays was chilling in there? I didn't even know he was there I was dragging the person who lit the plasma on fire. What gimmick! You stated the detective chased us to kill us and he was banned. The clown and Eric went after us by slipping and ganging on me for valids. The dude attacked me not the other way around.
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #169407

Saegrimr wrote:After observing the two of you doing the pull gimmick
That's a thing now? What's next. And nobody was killed. They were critted. But i assume you overlooked that too? Just like you seemed to have overlooked the whole
"Actually I banned one of the guys for banbaiting after he ahelped being killed by you two after I watched him chase you down and start beating you claiming he din du nuffin." thing.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #169408

The plasma thing - not really relevant because you had the wrong guy, not that you could have known anyway but still. You caught my attention by ahelping you were going to kill a sec officer for arresting you for some reason.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169448

Actually he wasn't the one who released plasma but he did throw a emergency welder into the plasma. I saw that and the logs show it.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169449

And the officer arrested me and kept shit talking me but I didn't because I saw he was hub and he didn't really get how sec works so he must be new. After that I just kinda fucked off after that and chilled till attacked.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #169557

I don't really know anything about basil or the history of these two, but from the story alone I'm not sure why they got banned.

Complaining the server is full of filthy validhunters who don't RP while banning players for interacting with the same people too much while otherwise not breaking rules seems counter-productive.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #169560

Alarmclock can be a bit of a shitter but i have never seen anything in the past that would equate to metafriending over the line. Where is the line anyways?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #169563

Why don't we pull the server logs and find all comunication between the two of them? If they actively planned the "lets pull eachother around so we can escape all attacks", then they're not guilty. If they just randomly met up out of the blue to do this with no communication about it, then they're metagaming.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #169564

Correct me if I am wrong here but I don't think this was for metacomms, just metafriending
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #169585

Wyzack wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here but I don't think this was for metacomms, just metafriending
Saeg indicated it was metagaming in IRC when describing the pull gimmick they were doing. Plus, it is metagaming if they didn't arrange it, because that's something that both sides have to be involved in to figure out and do. If they didn't discuss it at all, it's over for them and we know it's metagaming.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #169591

But if they were metacommunicating the bans would both be permas
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #169630

iamgoofball wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here but I don't think this was for metacomms, just metafriending
Saeg indicated it was metagaming in IRC when describing the pull gimmick they were doing. Plus, it is metagaming if they didn't arrange it, because that's something that both sides have to be involved in to figure out and do. If they didn't discuss it at all, it's over for them and we know it's metagaming.
Metagaming =! metacoms.

The ban is for ostensible metafriendship - IE, pulling the dude you're IC friends with around to avoid getting downed and him doing the same back to you because they're your OOC buddy, rather than any other reason. IE, gaining an unfair advantage because he's your pal.

If it was for metacomms - IE, being on skype or equivalent, it would as Wyzack said, be a permanent.

And as for "If they didn't plan out as simple a tactic as pulling the person helping you fight around they're filthy metacommers", that's ridiculous. I team up with random people and fight in a co-ordinated fashion wherever possible because that's how you win, rather than running in solo, losing, and nerfing everything in a rage
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #169641

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: And as for "If they didn't plan out as simple a tactic as pulling the person helping you fight around they're filthy metacommers", that's ridiculous.
People unfairly attribute a lot of non verbal stuff to metagaming.

"They somehow find eachother in this tiny cramped station that you can cross in about 1 minute they must be metagaming" is my favourite one of these.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #169663

The problem is that once again the two of you cruise the station doing dumb greytidey shit until you run into a fight you can escalate into murder, worse is that gimmick where the both of you are in a constant pull on eachother so if one of you gets tazed or batonned the other can just start running the opposite direction and evade stuns entirely.

So yeah, the two of you circling central primary in-pull until you run into valids or can greytide your way into "escalation" stops.

If it had been anybody else, this likely wouldn't have been as big of an issue, but this is a running theme with you two and a couple others on basil for months.
If it had been you two pulling eachother for any reason other than greytiding, this probably wouldn't have been an issue.
If it had been either of you solo dicking around, this wouldn't even have been noticed aside from you ahelping that you were gonna kill a sec officer for doing his job. Which i'm glad you didn't.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169669

Aight Saeg, I play now and then. The few times I play I usually do shaft for lavaland to chill away from the station. Me and betrays have not been around a lot. We didn't grey tide just chill and read newspaper. We were assaulted and you even banned one of the chucklefucks chasing us to kill us. I mean of course I said something about the rape he was accused ingame but that happens in real life (Duke lacrosse). If we are to ban everyone for working together then ban anyone in the same department. Assistants are assistants, they are basically a department just never acknowledged. I mean the ban is almost up and it doesn't matter except for the fact that there is no real evidence or reason in this ban. Also there is a whole thing that you should become friends with crew members and not distrust them instantly but ehh.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #169708

Saegrimr wrote:The problem is that once again the two of you cruise the station doing dumb greytidey shit until you run into a fight you can escalate into murder, worse is that gimmick where the both of you are in a constant pull on eachother so if one of you gets tazed or batonned the other can just start running the opposite direction and evade stuns entirely.

So yeah, the two of you circling central primary in-pull until you run into valids or can greytide your way into "escalation" stops.

If it had been anybody else, this likely wouldn't have been as big of an issue, but this is a running theme with you two and a couple others on basil for months.
If it had been you two pulling eachother for any reason other than greytiding, this probably wouldn't have been an issue.
If it had been either of you solo dicking around, this wouldn't even have been noticed aside from you ahelping that you were gonna kill a sec officer for doing his job. Which i'm glad you didn't.
What part of what they did can be considered greytiding? You established that the lawer was ban baiting so that was pretty valid. As for the detective, if the detective really did immediately try to straight up kill him over a petty joke it sounds like the detective is the one who needs a ban for being shitcurity and trying to escalate things to a fight to the death over a harmless joke.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169722

The officer didn't know how to survive edged weapons. Someone please send him this documentary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFr30p0aZl0
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #169729

Actually I just found out that detective? lawyer? whatever it was guy you killed was evading a permaban, and I probably wouldn't have even noticed if he didn't try ahelping about it.

This is actually such an incredibly hilarious turn of events that I think i'll just lift the two day ban since i'm pretty sure it got the point across by now. But seriously, don't do that again.
Alarmclock

Post by Alarmclock » #169732

Look at this, I should get a promotion. Killing shitlords left n right but I will probably do it again since I like to hold hands.
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #169734

Yeah. I really find it hilarious that you don't acknowledge that the detective was the one who originally ahelped, went off to state that he was beaten by me, despite Rollo being the one who whooped his ass, claiming in ahelps that he was just beaten to "death" for no reason, when he started attacking me, and then claiming that he was doing it to "Teach that ligger a lesson about wagging tails."

I find it even more hilarious, however, that you're still treating us like we did something wrong, without explaining anything.

Oh, and then there's your claim that i had "Whipped out a stunprod and dropped his ass."
Last edited by Pascal123 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #169736

Pascal123 wrote:Yeah. I really find it hilarious that you don't acknowledge that the detective was the one who originally ahelped, went off to state that he was beaten by me, despite Rollo being the one who whooped his ass, claiming in ahelps that he was just beaten to "death" for no reason, when he started attacking me, and then claiming that he was doing it to "Teach that ligger a lesson about wagging tails."
And I banned him for banbaiting, which tipped me off that he was evading a prior permaban anyway. What do you mean i'm not acknowledging it?
Pascal123 wrote:I find it even more hilarious, however, that you're still treating us like we did something wrong, without explaining anything.
Is the ban reason not explanatory enough? You need big red letters?

IF YOU TWO BUDDY UP TO TIDE AROUND AGAIN, YOU WILL BE PERMABANNED
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #169738

Saegrimr wrote:IF YOU TWO BUDDY UP TO TIDE AROUND AGAIN, YOU WILL BE PERMABANNED
Details. Where are they.
What did we do that was "Buddying up" to "Tide around". Explain, your reasoning for claiming this.

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #169740

If you honestly don't understand what the fuck you did that was "buddying up" to "tide around", consider playing on another server.