[mimicfaux] MatthausGames - Engineer Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
matthausgames

[mimicfaux] MatthausGames - Engineer Ban

Post by matthausgames » #172611

Byond account and character name: matthausgames-Matthaus Raymond
Banning admin: Mimicfaux
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric's Technician
Ban reason and length:I released plasma in a maintenance corridor, indefinite job ban.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-04-26 04:24:19
Your side of the story:I made a stupid mistake, I was pulling it along and noticed I couldn't push it back the other way, which I at the time thought because it was too heavy so I emptied it thinking the scrubber vents would take care of it... The scrubber obviously did not and I tried everything I could to remove the plasma afterward. The reason I didn't reply to the admin within 5 minutes was because I panic googled how to get rid of plasma and was busy reading the wiki pages for 5-10 minutes.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a VERY stupid mistake that I now understand,it will never happen again as engineer if you unban me or any other class. Also I spoke with the admin after looking up information and he told also gave me tips on how to get rid of plasma, we were on good terms and I didn't do anything stupid over getting banned.
Last edited by matthausgames on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [mimicfaux] MatthausGames - Engineer Ban

Post by onleavedontatme » #172614

matthausgames wrote:which I at the time thought because it was too heavy so I emptied it
This is probably the most creative excuse in years, this ban should be lifted based on the appeals entertainment value alone.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #172827

I spoke to the person banned soon after when he asked what he could do about it (mimicfaux was offline by then). He recognized the error he had made and was more than happy to wait for a few days before appealing it, like I suggested. Would recommend lifting it.
Players can and will create their own fun.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #172842

Lifted.
ImageImageImage
matthausgames

Post by matthausgames » #172870

Thanks guys, like I said it will never happen again, and I'll continue learning to avoid making any game altering mistakes again.