Appeals which have been closed.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

[Saegrimr] Blessedheretic - Lava staff shuttle

Post by BlessedHeretic » #182022

Byond account and character name: Blessedheretic - Blessed H. Legionare

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temp ban

Ban reason and length: Stop with the Lava Staff, blocking shuttle entrances than killing someone for batonning you telling you to stop lava is absurd.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 5/30/2016 10:15AM eastern us

Your side of the story: After a relatively productive round of mining and drake slaying, me and my miner buddy went to the shuttle that was called, we hung out near the escape area, and were the first to board it. Shortly after hopping on the vessel, a xenomorph hunter rushed the shuttle and nearly dragged the CMO off. At this point, radio comms were dead, no one was talking, I believed everyone who was alive that wasn't a traitor on the shuttle was either being incubated at this point or in a pod waiting to go.

Naturally the team we had on the shuttle isn't ideal for fighting off XENOMORPHS that could come in waves, so i did the only thing I thought would give us a fighting chance. I used my lava staff and made the shuttle passages coated in lava. lethal to xenomorphs, painful for other people but survivable.

When I was finishing up lavaing the final all access shuttle tile that the xenomorph could walk on, the CMO happened to walk onto the same tile AS IT HAPPENED, they were rampantly being a shit and batoning everyone so even though it was a mistake for them to be in the lava, i personally didn't care. I mean batoning a security officer over and over and then attacking miners for no reason other than lel tele-baton when WE THINK THERE ARE XENOMORPHS OUT TO GET US, is not ok.

After this Saegrimr barely inquired into the IC REASONS I MIGHT THINK TO HAVE BLOCKED ACCESS TO THE SHUTTLE. I can only presume he thought I was actively trying to kill the people or deny them access to the escape shuttle FNR. Instead of the true intent of protecting everyone onboard.

Note that i never heard the CMO say anything about ceasing to lava the entrances, the only thing i saw was them batoning EVERYONE.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I assume this was poorly assumed to be me just being rampant with an item for no reason, again I had IC reasons to do what i did. And I was not trying to kill the person whom was an accidental victim, however their behavior in that scenario totally felt justified. Unless you're telling me I should be batoning people during a potential xeno assault seconds before it could happen, for no reason.
Last edited by BlessedHeretic on Mon May 30, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Blessedheretic - Lava staff shuttle

Post by Saegrimr » #182025

There's also the one I didn't hear about until the end of the round where a guy tries to escape to lavaland to avoid murderboner, and then you lava staff him instead.

No.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #182030

Saegrimr wrote:There's also the one I didn't hear about until the end of the round where a guy tries to escape to lavaland to avoid murderboner, and then you lava staff him instead.

No.
Hacking into mining? That's departmental defense. It sort of feels like you expect me to have some sort of 3rd sense to know who is and who isn't running around on the station killing everyone. If you think I was just rampantly killing people with the staff, WHY DIDN'T I KILL EVERYONE Saegrimr. I had a reason for any action i took in that round. My only regret is not ahelping myself explaining my action for the chef, then again you didn't inquire to that either.

I don't see why you're so blindly trying to ignore IN CHARACTER situational information, I'm not admin. I can only act on the information I have round to round. Hacking into mining to with no communication with anyone there and expecting them to not be paranoid is silly.

If they had access to the roid or shuttle I would of definitely acted differently.

A full round summary would be this : Start mining, make boat, hunt drake, listen to people yelling over the radio about mass murdering, slay drake, loot, share extra armor with a miner, look for missing miner, ash lizards attacking, kill lizards, go back to mining shuttle, UNAUTHORIZED PERSONAL HACKING INTO MINING, Dunk hacker, group up with miner for safety in numbers for escape, wait at escape, watch CMO beat security guard over and over with baton, shuttle docks, go onto shuttle, XENOMORPH ATTACK, no new people come to the shuttle for a solid minute, start lavaing passages xeno is trying to run into, NO PEOPLE COME STILL, Assume people are all dead, start lavaing the other tiles to make sure everyone onboard is safe, CMO starts batoning EVERYONE, Accidentally kill CMO, kill xeno, get banned.
Last edited by BlessedHeretic on Mon May 30, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #182034

Don't give a fuck. Here's your warning to calm the fuck down. You should know better than anybody "muh RP" doesn't excuse you from server rules.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #182054

He didn't say anything about RP silly, he said that his knowledge of a situation as a player is far more limited than hindsight admin knowledge.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #182056

"Hindsight admin knowledge" doesn't include "Should I lava these shuttle doors after docking and the CMO "accidentally because he "just so happened ""to be """""in the way"""" after being batonned" " " "
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #182059

Saegrimr wrote:"Hindsight admin knowledge" doesn't include "Should I lava these shuttle doors after docking and the CMO "accidentally because he "just so happened ""to be """""in the way"""" after being batonned" " " "
The CMO was never intentionally lava'd. He ended up on the tile RIGHT AS I CAST IT. He was not there prior, but after the fact that i had cast it. The batonning simply made me not care to pull him out of it, I had no malice to kill them. I thought I clarified this several times.

Note that I didn't actively try to harm the CMO ever, and in fact was saving him FROM THE VERY XENOMORPH that tried to abduct him. You can read the combat logs, it tackled the CMO and was actively gunning for them. We were on the shuttle for a GOOD MINUTE or so before the xenomorph showed up Sae, it wasn't like we got on and i instantly lava'd the shuttle doors. I did that after an attempt on our lives by a HOSTILE LIFEFORM.

The only times the staff was used on the station was when someone asked about it, and i demonstrated it by lavaing a tile outside in space, and then again AFTER the encounter. I had not used it on station aside from that, and before that the only uses were on lavaland to dunk some ash liggers and a suspicious person breaking into mining.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #182109

That would be pretty impressively poor timing for the CMO to run right into that shot.

Does nobody stop to ask anymore or is it literally just a territorial deathmatch on sybil?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #182142

It won't change unless more admins are like based Saegrimr.
BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #182307

Saegrimr wrote:That would be pretty impressively poor timing for the CMO to run right into that shot.

Does nobody stop to ask anymore or is it literally just a territorial deathmatch on sybil?

It was incredibly unfortunate timing and it's always why I figured responding with the single phrase XENOMORPH might of explained why the lavaing was happening, clearly it didn't. It should be noted the only communication between me and the CMO that round was during the wait for the shuttle to dock, when they were batoning a security guard over and over with a murderer on the lose blaming him for not stopping the situation from escalating. After we got on the shuttle and fended off the xenomorph the only person i had any chat logs to were Kameron, the other miner. Walled off the shuttle passages the xeno was preparing to raid starting with the cargo access part, saw the CMO batoning Kameron and the officer over and over but was focused more on stopping the xenomorph from getting back on the shuttle. This feels important to mention BECAUSE I NEVER WAS ASKED TO STOP LAVAING THE SHUTTLE TILES as your ban suggests. She might of asked the other miner to stop, but that wasn't me. I never got this input from the ballistic bastard.

Would you really consider trying to stop people from being dragged off the shuttle by a xenomorph a random territorial deathmatch? To me the CMO walking where i lava staffed as it happened is about the same as someone standing infront of someone throwing a spear and accidentally getting embedded, shit happens. Clearly the lava is more lethal if no help is administered however. Note that even If I wanted to help them, i'm unsure if they succumbed or not. Assuming the person was at full health when the lava appeared you always have time to walk out of it. With 3 on-lookers, dragging them out of it is easy but considering the security guard who was being beaten was the closet and didn't seem to care, I thought all 3 of us were in agreement that their shitty behavior didn't warrant the assistance after the mistake.

Keep in mind we didn't really have the tools to fend off xenomorphs, no laser gun , no welders. nada. KAs don't work well in a shuttle either.

You said it yourself Sae, I know better than to do random deathmatch stuff, and I actively avoid doing so unless i'm an antag. Banning me before you got full details and actively refusing to believe that I was acting in the interests of others with accidents happening, and that I would just hop on a shuttle and instantly use something to grief it is really offensive. I ahelp myself often when I fuck up as a non antag and kill or harm someone excessively with a very thin reason or mistake.

You banned me before the round ended, I don't even know if I really fucked up with the assumption if it was a xenomorph infestation or not. But that's what i was operating under as a player with all the information I had then. I would of expected you to AT LEAST wait until the next round and asked me to observe to handle the Ahelps, because as a player who was still in a situation, BECAUSE I DID KILL SAID XENOMORPH SHORTLY AFTER RESPONDING TO AN AHELP, I was still trying to survive. My responses were going to be to the point and not detailed during the round.

Considering the ban is close to expiring i'm sure it doesn't matter to many people, but the fact that I will have a ban note for this is pretty upsetting. Normally i'm ok with notes being added to me when I know for sure I was being a little shit and I adapt accordingly to prevent pressing the issues.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #182437

I suppose for a final note on this. This is absurdly dumb ban, even for as long as Saeg has been around it's not exactly fair considering he's witnessed Blessed antics before and didn't lift a finger. Yet when someone accidentally walks onto a damage tile and the OTHER people aren't rushing to this dude's aid, speaks for what the situation was and how the other players felt. This is a fairly bad ban and poor administration when you didn't even want to talk to him after said event occur and only opting for the quick and easy day-ban.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #182447

What do you mean "witnessed Blessed antics before and didn't lift a finger"?

This was one of the few times i'm actually spectating the shuttle and get to see the shit go down first hand.
Khargal

Post by Khargal » #182734

Well actually as I (Flow-Of-Magma) remember, Blessed wasn't first to start the shit on shuttle
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #183148

Is there always a lava staff out there? I see this shit all the time it seems.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #183149

That's because lavaplanet is SS13: The Adventure Mode. You go there in search for loot, to kill monsters for more loot, maybe even bring dragon to station proper for the memes and stuff like that. Mining for minerals is accidental.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #183150

cmspano wrote:Is there always a lava staff out there? I see this shit all the time it seems.
It used to be a 1/4 drop from killing a dragon, but it's more common now that dragon blood and minerals got removed from the drop list.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #183542

Impressively poor timing? Yeh, that shit happens all the time. I've hit a lot of people accidentally with tasers and whatnot due to lag, bad timing, bad luck, etc.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #184901

Was there any ultimate resolution with this appeal?
Its been a few days now.

EDIT: Ok its been ages now. Just gonna resolve it seeing as no one has replied...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box