[Cheridan] Laughing Rabbit

Appeals which have been closed.
Laughing_Rabbit

[Cheridan] Laughing Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187291

Byond account and character name: Laughing Rabbit: Jeb Curry
Banning admin: Cheridan
Ban type (What are you banned from?): everything.
Ban reason and length: Reason: (F) DEAD: Jeb Curry says, "BAN ME FAGGOTS FOR NO RASINS"

being a shitter in deadchat, screaming "ai is rogue" over a recharging apc because it's blue and then disconnecting all of atmos.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-06-16
Your side of the story: Okay, so start with people starting to get salting with me in dead chat. I'm wasn't sure why so I started to playfully talk back. Nothing really rude.
All I was doing was joshing around with my metafriend under a ghost spawn name. Now, I see the reason for everyone's salt. They though I was this atmos tech.
I was actually a miner and said nothing about the A.I being rogue. I had nothing to do with the A.I or the station all round I was mining till I died and then played as a vet trying to survive the wastes.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because it was clearly a misunderstanding. People were being rude to me in chat first and I was just defending myself. Heck, they caught me off guard since I didn't know what they were freaking out about. I wasn't even talking to them. I was talking to my metabuddy L.I.Z.A.R.D the A.I. About his rogue A.I round. All I said about the atmo thing that shutting it down is a legit thing to do during a malfunction round.

I didn't really know enough about the guy that did so to be on anyone's side.
I think I annoyed the admin with my banter, but that was just me defending myself from all the salt being directed my way. For as I said no rasins.
As for my "Ban request" no that was clearly sarcasm. But overall I did clearly get banned for no raisns.

I suppose I could of done my part to lower the OOC drama and I would have done so if simply asked by admins. Which I wasn't, admin just joined the lynch mob against me because that's what trend and tide was leaning to. I just wish I was warned first or I even understand a much smaller lesser ban. Like say 15-30 minutes.
Even though I didn't even really do anything wrong. Specially didn't do any rule breaking ingame.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Cheridan] Laughing Rabbit

Post by Saegrimr » #187292

Laughing_Rabbit wrote:All I was doing was joshing around with my metafriend under a ghost spawn name.
You're gonna have to explain this one reeaaaaal good.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187294

I'll try.
First off: I was accused of 1.being a shitter in deadchat,2. screaming "ai is rogue" over a recharging apc because it's blue and then disconnecting all of atmos.
Number 1. Is debatable. As it is titled to option. I was just expressing my options and thoughts about the game in dead chat. Others who clearly disagreed with my options because to shit talk at me. To which I dished right back at them to a point. By the time I was banned, I had done my part to settle dead chat by simply shutting up and avoiding further arguments. So, I do feel any ban was unjust at this point. Specially, since the whole reason everyone was mad at me seems to be a misunderstanding.

For Number 2.
screaming "ai is rogue" over a recharging apc because it's blue and then disconnecting all of atmos.
I am not guilty of this at all. For the fact is I didn't do it. I was no where near atmos the entire game.
I was a shaft miner who died and became a vet ghost spawn who never went on station. I had no idea the A.I was rogue till I ghosted.
As I said I was talking to L.I.Z.A.R.D about the round and I believe they assumed I was the guy to do it.
When all I said was that it was a valid tactic in my option to shut down atmos.
When the debate against me was that the guy who did it shouldn't have known the A.I was rogue to do so.
Which I don't believe has anything to do with why I am banned.
So, may I be unbanned please?

I learned me lesson about about taunting the badmins. It was purely sarcasm since some random people would screaming ban he at me.
I didn't believe I get banned for that. IS that why I was banned? Or is this just a mistake believing me to be the atmo guy?

Oh, I also think it was rather odd that I didn't get boinked and questioned at all before being banned.
I didn't even get a chance to explain or defend myself. Admin really jumped the gun on this one. Just to please the screaming mob shouting "Ban he Ban He".
When they know not what they do. =P
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187306

Saegrimr wrote:
Laughing_Rabbit wrote:All I was doing was joshing around with my metafriend under a ghost spawn name.
You're gonna have to explain this one reeaaaaal good.
What I mean by this. Is what I said above this post. I was just talking to L.I.Z.A.R.D about the malfunction round. I thought it was funny because he didn't know who I was.
All we were talking about was malfunctioning round and then he told about the guy at atmos. Then others mistook me to be that guy?
All I know is I wasn't really talking at all to the people who out of the blue started to tell me I should be banned or delete my account.
The reason they didn't like my option and don't have the social skills to debate their view.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187308

Everything is logged so it seems odd you would be banned for doing shit with atmos when you did not even touch it. Even so, things occasionally fall through the cracks
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187310

Wyzack wrote:Everything is logged so it seems odd you would be banned for doing shit with atmos when you did not even touch it. Even so, things occasionally fall through the cracks
That's because it was a hasty ban. When I said Ban me faggots or whatever. That was in response to admin asking people in dead chat if they should ban me.
Where as far as I know I didn't do anything to warrant a ban.
I didn't even know they were assuming since I talked about the atmo thing that I must be him.
That's dead chat for you when everyone is blinded by salt.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #187344

I was in dead chat.

He was being a shitter, and was talking about shutting down atmos as if he had done it, when people called him out on it, he got salty and didn't deny doing it-- so it appeared that he had fucked with atmos. Cheridan, along with most of us, were annoyed by how shitty he was being, and banned him-- I guess under the assumption he had done it.

Wyzack - I'd suggest looking at those deadchat logs for context, since it's been a few days.
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187350

Actually, It was a big misunderstanding as what my point was. I was simply saying how shutting atmos during A.I malfunction makes sense. For it will keep the flooding of plasma at bay. The only person I was talking to which was the person playing the A.I started that the guy who did that this round shouldn't have done so. On that fact that he shouldn't have known. Which is all cool, I didn't and still at this time know enough to argue rather or not they should so I didn't.

I was being accused of being salty. When I wasn't even fucking with anyone. It wasn't until insults started flying my way did I start for a brief moment with everyone.
I never denied doing since I didn't even know I was being accused of doing it. It was obviously a big misunderstanding. The whole reason of my "salt" was the moment everyone was giving me a hard time. Without me knowing why.

Another reason I "didn't defend myself" was I was trying to avoid a flame war in dead chat. I also assumed that if I was seriously being considered for a ban. That an admin would have contacted me directly and question me.

It hasn't been a couple days. I got banned earlier this morning. Ban's for a day but still I didn't even know what I was banned for. So, I would really like this appealed before the ban is over. Thank you.
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187415

TL'DR
I got in a debate with some people on dead chat. We disagreed, I was outnumbered.
Admin rally'd the people against me in a ban lynch mob. Instead of trying to control the situation and sort it out.
I noticed this tidal wave of shit coming my way and flunked out of the argument.
I avoided a flame war but I didn't avoid the ban.

Ban was illegitimate for it claimed I fucked with atmos and cried wolf about a rogue A.I. Which I never did.
Other part of the ban was for the vague crime of "Being a shitter". I was having a legit conversation. Which turned into a "Ahh Powergaming and typical shitfest."
Anyone checking the log will see that any name calling, trolling or anything of that matter was never started by me. I was just the outnumbered party and thus the losing one.
However, I was never cruel by default and didn't have the legit attention of starting trouble.

The part other admin told me to explain :
I can't remember what I said to L.I.Z.A.R.D it wasn't anything harsh just playful teasing. That we always do during or after rounds.
Just I used the default name of the ghost role I was last. So, it was funny because I met he was wondering who I was and how I knew stuff about um.
Another person was freaking out about not knowing who I was and I could tell they hated me because they assumed I was new and from the HUB because they said so.

Because you know that portion of sybil that is all "No new friends" and pulling their hair about any change. Well, that's who lynch mobbed me and Cheridan made the horrible mistake of catering to them.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #187421

>Admin rally'd the people against me in a ban lynch mob.

No. This did not happen. People were telling you your attitude was shitty before Cheridan even posted in deadchat.
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187426

Define "Shitty"
Just because you don't agree with my option on things doesn't make it "shitty"
And yes admin asked the chat if I should be banned.
Admin didn't even contact me directly to allow me to defend myself.
And the crowd didn't add much of an debate as to why to ban me either. Just that they wanted me banned.
They call me the shitter but I'm one they be picking on.

Leave me alone you bullies I just want to play the game.
Last edited by Laughing_Rabbit on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #187438

So, did laughing actually do anything ban-worthy? Or was all he did act like a douchebag/shitler in deadchat/OOC? If so, then he is kinda acting perfectly normal.
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187443

firecage wrote:So, did laughing actually do anything ban-worthy? Or was all he did act like a douchebag/shitler in deadchat/OOC? If so, then he is kinda acting perfectly normal.
Yeah, thanks for the vouch pal.
=P This guy gets it.
Now, let me go I didn't do nuthin.
Banned for no raisns.
Last edited by Laughing_Rabbit on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #187448

what the fuck dude it was a dayban it's already lifted
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #187457

What a shitty thread...

Bans already expired. So locking and resolving.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #187458

Ayo hol up.

So daybans are completely uncontestable now as long as I ignore the appeal? Fucking s w e e t.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #187474

I meant more that it was becoming a shit fest argument with no actual gain from either said. You both just sound like dicks.
That and the ban is over so surely there is nothing to appeal other than the note (which I suppose you could appeal).

Lets leave it open for OP to do what they want, but maybe its go to the point that a headmin needs to make a call.
Otherwise it'll be a 2 pager with everyone throwing their opinion into the mix.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Laughing_Rabbit

Post by Laughing_Rabbit » #187491

It's not the ban per say.
Is that I was banned for something I didn't do. Not guilty!

Also, it was pretty lame that everyone just ignored this because it was a short ban. A short ban I should of never had.
Next time Cheridan please, please! Contact me first and warn me politely if you believe me to be acting a "Shitter".
For honestly I didn't know and still don't know why everyone was whining about me for.

Second is it not proper to always allow the defending party to get a say before a ban? This ban was very premature and impulsive.
It simply should of never happened. The fact that it was short doesn't matter.
Plus, I'm still banned at this moment.
Last edited by Laughing_Rabbit on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187510

Regardless of how shitty he was being in deadchat part of the cited ban reason was something that he did not even do and it seems exceedingly poor form for the banning admin to not say a god damn word in the matter
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #187590

Saegrimr wrote:Ayo hol up.

So daybans are completely uncontestable now as long as I ignore the appeal? Fucking s w e e t.
Isn't there already a rule that you have to wait 24 hr to post an appeal?

Anyway stop acting like I was ignoring the appeal, I just didn't happen to look in the ban appeal forum for a day, shock and horror. Saeg messaging me about it late last night as I was getting ready to go to bed was my first indication

As for the note whatever I'll edit it to just "being a shitter in deadchat"
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #187613

Maybe this should be moved to Admin Complaints instead, seeing as its more a complaint about shoddy admin work than an appeal for a short ban.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #188880

If the player wants he can make a complaint, as for the ban appeal, ban expired, so I'm locking and resolving this in 24 hours.