[HG/Shadowlight] Dante Smith - A good boy who dindu nuffin'.

Appeals which have been closed.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

[HG/Shadowlight] Dante Smith - A good boy who dindu nuffin'.

Post by Doritos » #195984

Byond account and character name: Zaross : Dante Smith

Banning admin: Shadowlight213/HG

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Permaban, antag jobban(s?).

Ban reason and length: Image

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Permaban time is in image. There was another ban a day or so before that. I wouldn't know when that was placed.

Your side of the story: On the round that actually ended up with me being bant FNR : I spawned as the wizard academy defender, soul-stoned someone and made them into a shade/construct before polymorphing them into a mediborg and making them remove the exile implant in my chest. I then went to the station and was immediately gibbed, banned from various antag roles and then banned for some amount of time I can' t really remember.

Then got rule zero'd by HG for god knows what reason.

Why you think you should be unbanned: On topic of the round: L I T E R A L L Y did nothing wrong in the round. There was no policy against it. (And, currently afaik there still isn't.) I didn't abuse any bugs or anything like that. I had an implant in me preventing me from leaving and I used in-game means to have it removed. It was just an all-around shitty ban.

On the rule zero ban: It's a borderline false ban reason and basically comes down to HG being HG. The above round is the only even remotely questionable round I had since I got back.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: [HG/Shadowlight] Dante Smith - A good boy who dindu nuff

Post by firecage » #195991

Zaross. Is it called the Wizard Academy Station Invader, or is it called the Wizard Academy Defender? Also, it is kinda shitty to abuse gameplay mechanics like this and expect no retribution, since not everything has to be put into a set in stone policy. There is something called common sense. This is on the same level as what you did back in the hayday. Debraining a changeling, having your brain into it, and then using Hivemind to kill all the other lings even though it was an abuse of game mechanics.
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #195998

firecage wrote:stuff
I was told by multiple admins that the changeling thing was OK before I actually went out and did it. It was "cool science shit". And then a random admin hopped on, banned me, and then disappeared forever.

This is also "cool science shit". I could argue that me killing every invader is a reasonable enough defence but it's fine, I understand "hey don't do that it's not okay" as the wizard defender. (Why was an adminpm not enough here?)
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #196002

If the wizard has a exile implant there is usually a good reason for it. That and the name is wizard academy "DEFENDER"
Really falls down to common sense like firecage said
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #196005

Also: Apparently I made this a week early. Please lock this thread until the new headmins are "officially" in.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #196029

I think that the actual ban reason here is a red herring. I have a hard time seeing players that aren't Dante getting permabanned for doing what Dante did. This ban is about something else, and I don't think meaningful progress can be made on this appeal until we acknowledge what that reason actually is and give Dante a chance to respond to that.

If we're not going to do that, it's hard to ignore that gateway missions don't even exist anymore.

EDIT: Well, the stated reason is "rule zero for an absence of reform." If that's the argument we're having the ban reason itself could use some fleshing out.
EDIT EDIT: Also I meant pbanned above.
Last edited by Bob Dobbington on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #196054

Removing any implants was always a no no, I learned it the hard way. But I remember Dante being a decent HoS, so he should be freed.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #196066

Bob Dobbington wrote:EDIT: Well, the stated reason is "rule zero for an absence of reform." If that's the argument we're having the ban reason itself could use some fleshing out.
https://www.tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewt ... 487#p44487
But beyond that I was also banned because I was THE BEST at murderboning the station every round and masterfully toeing the line. Also metafriending with LPF.
I've learned not to kill everyone every round when I'm an antagonist because that's perhaps not so fun for the people I murder.
Biggest thing I'm seeing here was that in his previous permaban thread is that he promised to cut down on being a murderboning faggot anymore and shortly after being unbanned he went straight back to doing it. Basically abusing mechanics and dragging out rounds as much as possible to kill as many people as he could and piss people off. Didn't help that he would literally spend entire days (There were days when I'd log in at like 8 in the morning and he'd be there and when I'd log in again around midnight he'd still be there until like 4 in the morning) playing so he was constantly doing this all day erry day. The wizard defender shit is just another perfect example of him trying to find ways to toe the line. He's shown no interest in changing and I guarantee if he's unbanned he'll immediately go back to doing it. This isn't the first time we've been down this shit road several times before. Let's not go down it again.
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #196072

Jacough wrote:shortly after being unbanned he went straight back to doing it. Basically abusing mechanics and dragging out rounds as much as possible to kill as many people as he could and piss people off.
Extremely blatant lies. I actually did the opposite and would try to get the shuttle called ASAP if a majority of the crew had died. And whilist I did murderbone every now and then they were incredibly spaced out.

I remember a round where I was the wizard, and instead of running around ei nathing people I bought a stand and ran around as D I O with a bunch of skellington minions and had the crew build statues to me.
I don't think I even killed anyone except for the three undead minions I made.(And Jotaro, who attacked me later into the round.)

But, please. Stay ass blasted. I missed this a lot.

Edit: Also, again. Please lock this. This thread doesn't actually have a purpose until the new headmins are instated.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #196074

Bob Dobbington wrote:I think that the actual ban reason here is a red herring. I have a hard time seeing players that aren't Dante getting permabanned for doing what Dante did. This ban is about something else, and I don't think meaningful progress can be made on this appeal until we acknowledge what that reason actually is and give Dante a chance to respond to that.

If we're not going to do that, it's hard to ignore that gateway missions don't even exist anymore.

EDIT: Well, the stated reason is "rule zero for an absence of reform." If that's the argument we're having the ban reason itself could use some fleshing out.
Yeah the wizard thing had almost zero to do with the ban, I'm not sure why people are still arguing about that particular incident.
Doritos wrote:Also: Apparently I made this a week early. Please lock this thread until the new headmins are "officially" in.
This probably makes the most sense. We know what the current headmins answer is, so the only thing that will come of this thread is shitflinging.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #197802

Do not unban Dante. Ever. Here is the reason, as demonstrated by his post:

This whole post dispels his entire argument of getting unbanned.

The ban reason was, as Bob Dobbington said, "rule zero for an absence of reform." Reform most likely referring getting rid of his elitist, dickish attitude where he literally makes money off of being a dick.(And no, this isn't doxxing, he linked to this on OOC multiple times in the past and the page is filled with SS13 related shit.)

I could care less about whether he roleplays.

I could care less about the murderboners.

What matters is that he has actively made it his goal when he plays here to ruin the fun of other players. He gains no satisfaction unless someone has a bad day due to his actions.

His quote above proves he has no intention of changing any of the parts that got him banned. He once again states that he misses the anger.

On his Patreon page, you can see the following quote:

The first two paragraphs aren't what matters. The third one is. It outright calls Dante on being a dick for the sole purpose of being a dick. Dante's response on his patreon page dedicated to making money off of being a dick shows he thinks this is "autistic".

You aren't coming back to appeal to play the game.

You're coming back to appeal so you can get your fix of being a douchebag to other players to ruin the game for them.

Never come back.
Last edited by iamgoofball on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #197813

iamgoofball wrote:evidence
Alright, so goof just made a very convincing case that the rules you actually violated are rules 1&7, which are (briefly) don't be a dick and don't toe the line, respectively. You have a Patreon where you literally accept money for the stated purpose of violating rule 1, and you're on record in your previous appeal as willfully violating rule 7. What has changed such that we can be confident that, if unbanned, you would comply with rules 1&7?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #197814

dont forget this
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #197816

he literally just used to play the game
the whole making people upset thing is because people got upset at him for fucking playing the game normally
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #197817

captain sawrge wrote:he literally just used to play the game
the whole making people upset thing is because people got upset at him for fucking playing the game normally
I don't think pulling shit like rolling a lich wizard and making your phylactery a blank piece of paper and putting it in a filing cabinet in a vacant office with plenty of other blank pieces of paper so you can easily steamroll the station and try to take out as many people out of the round as possible without any consequences to dying with the added benefit of becoming space proof when killed is really playing the game normally. I'm pretty sure that's just being a douche bag looking for ways to exploit broken features.
Last edited by Jacough on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #197824

Jacough wrote:
I don't think pulling shit like rolling a lich wizard and making your phylactery a blank piece of paper and putting it in a filing cabinet with other blank pieces of paper so you can easily steamroll the station without any consequences to dying with the added benefit of becoming space proof when killed is really playing the game normally. I'm pretty sure that's just being a douche bag.
Its called powergaming. Half the people on the station did it, and still do it. The adminship even made some of them into admins. Because Dante finds it funny to feed off the salt he causes, that makes it bannable? Id say Mekhi is more cancerous than Dante ever was. At least Dante has shown that when he isnt being a jerk he can RP and have fun with people, where as other powergamers see everything as a competitive game that they must win.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #197858

I'm not really sure why people find the patreon so shocking. Making fun of people who take the game too seriously is pretty ingrained in our culture, from shit talking in OOC (to the point where we got a salt emoji) to admins mocking people with a dedicated forum (such as throwing security topics and shadowdimentio into the shed).

Disclaimer: I like Dante so I'm terribly biased, I'm sure you all know by now.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #197859

That being said I know straight up unbanning him would not be worth the trouble it would cause.

Another headmin raised the idea of doing what was done for paprika, where he'd have to play under another ckey and be OOC banned/not allowed to shit stir on the forums. If he really just wants to play that should work out fine for him, but if all he wants is the negative attention it wouldn't be much fun for him. Granted that might still cause drama, so we're gonna wait for MSO to weigh in before anything happens.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #197864

are you seriously considering to unban someone who has a patreon based on pissing people off?

like isn't there this whole "what does the server stand to gain" question that you admins like to ask? what does the server stand to gain from someone who accepts payment for pissing people off?

Dante is a person who revels in other people's hatred for him. it feeds blood directly into his dick. his patreon is like a fucking altar to his own murderboner. you can call it a joke but it's still a patreon and people have actually pledged real money on it.

what the fuck does the server stand to gain from unbanning him again so he can do the same shit again and get banned again? Dante will get his 25 patreon bucks for this month and the endless spiral spins another turn so we can go through it all again in a few months.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #197870

leave him in the trash where he belongs
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Post by Poorman » #197873

To be perfectly honest, I absolutely hated Dante Smith when I started playing this game almost three or four years ago. I hated how he'd be so fucking brutal and insane whenever he'd wipe the station. Whenever he'd win, I'd feel so fucking angry, so fucking disgusted, but to be honest, it taught me lessons. When Dante would kill me, I'd learn from it. He was the apex, the absolute best spessman, and it made me try to be better at the game. Dante is what we all need: someone who is better at the game then we are, and the way he uses his abilities pisses everyone off because of how incompetent he makes us feel at the game. He's a natural valid seeker, an excellent player, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've seen him work, I've seen him destroy entire stations, and I can guarantee that this ban is just nothing more then a shitty excuse to get rid of him because of how good he is. I know, I was there, when he got banned for killing someone who had a syndie balloon. Back then, I felt secure that he was gone, but after it got appealed I was afraid. But he's never broken any rules. He's just played the hard antagonist, and people despise him for how good he is, how much better he is. Wherever Dante goes, he makes people mad, and I don't think that making people mad is grounds to ban someone from a game that he's done no wrong in.

I think that everyone who hates Dante needs to get over just how fucking salty they are that a better player came in and killed them. Fucking deal with it yourselves, instead of taking it out on the best player Space Station 13 has, or ever will see.
Hamfam77
Byond Username: Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #197884

I still haven't forgiven this pink-haired practicus for roundstart crowbarring me like four times in a row even when I tried to put my wew ladding past behind me. The name Serafall was forever tainted when he forced me to retaliate.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #197893

Hamfam77 wrote:I still haven't forgiven this pink-haired practicus for roundstart crowbarring me like four times in a row even when I tried to put my wew ladding past behind me. The name Serafall was forever tainted when he forced me to retaliate.
has only 6~ posts or so, all in Ban Appeals, 4 of them in their own appeal
he's probably an alt of someone else
also i can't fuckin tell if this guy is trying to say dante is cool or whether dante was griefing them round start for 4 times in a row, gonna guess he's trying to say he's cool or some shit going by the rest of these surprise posters
Poorman wrote:I think that everyone who hates Dante needs to get over just how fucking salty they are that a better player came in and killed them. Fucking deal with it yourselves, instead of taking it out on the best player Space Station 13 has, or ever will see.
last post was in Early December of 2015, likely hasn't played and can probably be proven via the DB
has shitloads of alt accounts and ckeys, hasnt played in awhile, can probably be proven via the DB

I like how 3 people who have no linked ckey/don't play anymore/havent played since 2015 just show up out of the blue to defend their butt buddy from 2015 with the amazingly deep and complex reasoning of "ur just salty he's better then u ;)"

also yes it will show if you connect the next few days just to go "well i have actually been playing!!1!" we can still check the times you played before that

Dante probably told them to show up and start spouting this crap because he realized that he himself can't argue or debate out of the evidence I dropped. See: how they're trying to dismiss the Patreon's existence and the Rule 1/7 Violations and switch the topic to "ur just salty he's better than you".

Also, you still need to answer this post by Bob Dobbington, and your friends can't do that for you:
Bob Dobbington wrote:Alright, so goof just made a very convincing case that the rules you actually violated are rules 1&7, which are (briefly) don't be a dick and don't toe the line, respectively. You have a Patreon where you literally accept money for the stated purpose of violating rule 1, and you're on record in your previous appeal as willfully violating rule 7. What has changed such that we can be confident that, if unbanned, you would comply with rules 1&7?
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #197895

Kor wrote:That being said I know straight up unbanning him would not be worth the trouble it would cause.

Another headmin raised the idea of doing what was done for paprika, where he'd have to play under another ckey and be OOC banned/not allowed to shit stir on the forums. If he really just wants to play that should work out fine for him, but if all he wants is the negative attention it wouldn't be much fun for him. Granted that might still cause drama, so we're gonna wait for MSO to weigh in before anything happens.
I seriously doubt he'd change his behavior just because he has to play under a different ckey. He's a sociopath who gets off to getting a rise out of people. If people really want him unbanned, maybe he should play on another server for a month or two and come back when he's got an admin from another server to vouch for him not being shit anymore.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #197904

iamgoofball wrote:
Hamfam77 wrote:I still haven't forgiven this pink-haired practicus for roundstart crowbarring me like four times in a row even when I tried to put my wew ladding past behind me. The name Serafall was forever tainted when he forced me to retaliate.
has only 6~ posts or so, all in Ban Appeals, 4 of them in their own appeal
he's probably an alt of someone else
also i can't fuckin tell if this guy is trying to say dante is cool or whether dante was griefing them round start for 4 times in a row, gonna guess he's trying to say he's cool or some shit going by the rest of these surprise posters
Poorman wrote:I think that everyone who hates Dante needs to get over just how fucking salty they are that a better player came in and killed them. Fucking deal with it yourselves, instead of taking it out on the best player Space Station 13 has, or ever will see.
last post was in Early December of 2015, likely hasn't played and can probably be proven via the DB
has shitloads of alt accounts and ckeys, hasnt played in awhile, can probably be proven via the DB

I like how 3 people who have no linked ckey/don't play anymore/havent played since 2015 just show up out of the blue to defend their butt buddy from 2015 with the amazingly deep and complex reasoning of "ur just salty he's better then u ;)"

also yes it will show if you connect the next few days just to go "well i have actually been playing!!1!" we can still check the times you played before that

Dante probably told them to show up and start spouting this crap because he realized that he himself can't argue or debate out of the evidence I dropped. See: how they're trying to dismiss the Patreon's existence and the Rule 1/7 Violations and switch the topic to "ur just salty he's better than you".

Also, you still need to answer this post by Bob Dobbington, and your friends can't do that for you:
Bob Dobbington wrote:Alright, so goof just made a very convincing case that the rules you actually violated are rules 1&7, which are (briefly) don't be a dick and don't toe the line, respectively. You have a Patreon where you literally accept money for the stated purpose of violating rule 1, and you're on record in your previous appeal as willfully violating rule 7. What has changed such that we can be confident that, if unbanned, you would comply with rules 1&7?
lmfao
Dante fucking hates me dude he wouldn't try asking me to back him up
He was a player from my time and I think I'm one of the better people to give an account of his character as opposed to you, who so clearly has a massive grudge that you've genuinely deluded yourself into thinking anyone supporting him is an alt. I've been posting for months on this forum so clearly that's not the case.
In closing, you genuinely are as stupid as I suspected and a joke patreon that came about from a game with actually no rules isn't very good proof against someone.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #197922

Yeah this thread is pretty dumb, and I guess so am I for thinking it was ever gonna end another way.

Banning someone for "violating probation" after two years without anything more than a jobban is stupid though, especially when breaking out of the wizard mission was both undefined and policy and something I'd encouraged players to figure out.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #197929

honestly my whole piece is about the whole rule 1 dont be a dick thing, i could care less about the wizard thing that could of been easily fixed codeside
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #197935

Dante makes 4/5 of his post about a throwaway round ban to try and divert your attention when that is not the reason he is permabanned

Dante uses the other fifth of his post to shill off his permaban on "that dirty mean misguided HG" even though way more people in the administration than HG knew Dante was an asshole on a permanent 2beard ban loop

Sawrge tries to gain relevancy and stick up for Dante acting like he knows anything about Dante and his whole argument hinges on the fact that nobody here played lifeweb

I did! Nobody liked Dante there either Sawrge you lying shitstain!

At least when I came crawling back I had the decency to have some shred of respect for the server's new post-scaredy authority instead of claiming I didn't do anything banworthy then saying you should unban me because HG banned me lol xD
Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #197974

I don't think the wizard thing is relevant at all. I also don't think the high energy shitposting from the Zaross Internet Defense Force is relevant. EDIT: I don't think Dante's "probation" is relevant. The only questions that ARE relevant are 1) Was Zaross violating the rules (being a dick/toeing the line) at the time of his ban? and 2) If unbanned, would Zaross continue to violate those rules? Quite frankly your OOC behavior (snotty Patreon, constant ego shitposting) makes me a lot more inclined to think you're a phallus than anything you did ingame. It is entirely possible to murderbone the whole station, even multiple times, without being a dick. People do it every day. "Powergaming" is a meaningless term and in any event isn't against the rules. Bad RP isn't against the rules. Being a dick is against the rules. Toeing the line is against the rules. We ban people to stop them breaking the rules and unban them when we're satisfied (or at least willing to take the chance) that they will not break the rules again.
Last edited by Bob Dobbington on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #197985

Dante has a better capacity for RP than most muderboners. Its not like he always just wordlessly killed people. Hell, he left people alone if they were nice to him, which is more than i can say for most people who like to shit on the station. I doubt a certain Botanist that loves to make 100s of Kudzu/Killer Tomatoes to fuck over the entire station whilst ignoring their objective gives any consideration to letting people survive.

If i were an admin i would not unban him, a has not shown any reform. At the same time if i were an admin there would be a lot of other "Toe-liners" that i would like to ban. As a player, i think he should be given a chance seeing as how most people are just salty, and half of you have done just as much murderboning, but like Dantes apparently natural talent.
TerbusReturns
Byond Username: Terbonegro

Post by TerbusReturns » #197986

Kor wrote:Yeah this thread is pretty dumb, and I guess so am I for thinking it was ever gonna end another way.

Banning someone for "violating probation" after two years without anything more than a jobban is stupid though, especially when breaking out of the wizard mission was both undefined and policy and something I'd encouraged players to figure out.
Yeah breaking out of the wiznard academy through a hilarious and clever plan is 10/10 and maybe the funniest example of "if there's a murderbone there's a way"

how is this punished, wiznard rounds are shit anyway
Hamfam77
Byond Username: Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #198040

I'm not an alt

i have more posts than everyone on this forum combined if interzone didnt die

sawrge knows
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #198098

Bob Dobbington wrote:I don't think the wizard thing is relevant at all. I also don't think the high energy shitposting from the Zaross Internet Defense Force is relevant. EDIT: I don't think Dante's "probation" is relevant. The only questions that ARE relevant are 1) Was Zaross violating the rules (being a dick/toeing the line) at the time of his ban? and 2) If unbanned, would Zaross continue to violate those rules? Quite frankly your OOC behavior (snotty Patreon, constant ego shitposting) makes me a lot more inclined to think you're a phallus than anything you did ingame. It is entirely possible to murderbone the whole station, even multiple times, without being a dick. People do it every day. "Powergaming" is a meaningless term and in any event isn't against the rules. Bad RP isn't against the rules. Being a dick is against the rules. Toeing the line is against the rules. We ban people to stop them breaking the rules and unban them when we're satisfied (or at least willing to take the chance) that they will not break the rules again.
I really suggest Kor rereads this as it seems that Bob Dob is the first person to see this ban appeal for what it really is. I find it really fucking sad that Kor falls for Dante's 'lol its not a big deal' shtick and doesn't realize that you can find Dante amusing while recognizing that he has and always will be a negative influence and a complete shitheel along with the rest of the people trying to get him back on the server
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #198188

Headmins have decided to deny this appeal.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.