[Okand37] - Repukan - Steel Ban Run

Appeals which have been closed.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

[Okand37] - Repukan - Steel Ban Run

Post by D&B » #198064

Byond account and character name: Repukan - Gabriello Versace

Banning admin: Okand37
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Servers (Both Basil and Sybil)

Ban reason and length: As a non antagonist detective, arrested a mime for keeping players out of the Head of Personnel office. Proceeded to strip everything from then in the cell so the mime disarmed them and stunned them a bit and hit them a few times with the their nightstick, they proceeded to tase and laser the mime to death then hide their corpse. They also prevented a borg from cloning the mime. You can take this time to understand why this isn't ok behaviour.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-07-23, 23:13:48

Your side of the story: A few minutes after game start, the Warden and I start dealing with the acting Captain and implantation. Since there was no HoP nor Captain since he was being implanted, a bunch of people, including the lovely mime, broke into HoP to try and get all access. As I move inside, I slip thanks to the lovely mime lubing the hallway, and then impeded on leaving thanks to a transparent wall he puts in front of me. I brush it off, and then we receive a report from the AI that a clown in a syndicate suit broke into HoP as well. I try to move in, and the mime lubes the entrance so I am impeded in entering. Then he proceeds to put another wall, so the only thing going through my mind is "holy shit, either he's grey tiding to the extreme, or he's a syndie too." I tase him, and move him to the brig for a 3 minute sentence. Had no handcuffs on me, sadly. As I take out his equipment and put it into the locker, I forget to keep knocking him down and he gets a lucky disarm on me. No big deal, he'll probably just knock me down, take my ID, get his stuff and run. However, rather than doing this, he moves into harm intent and actively tries to bash my head in. Thus, being in close quarters and in danger of being knocked down and then killed, I moved to lethals.

Since at this point in time I at least had no way of knowing where he was being a normal antag or just a very antagonizing non antag, I put his body in the execution chamber as I go heal myself. Captain takes my testimony, accepts what happened, and stuff goes on. Then I see a borg dragging the corpse, and since at this point I know this guy will just make life impossible for sec from now on (yeah right like metagrudges ic never happen, you know they do) I took the corpse and secured it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary when sec deals with criminals. Even worse, with the low amount of sec we had (only I and the warden,) me dying would have crippled us further. Taking his behavior into consideration, I do believe the mime was intent on killing me. The argument of "oh it's just a nightstick it doesn't do that much damage" (as said by the admin) its irrelevant when its a weapon capable of stunning you to get two free hits on you.

This was just escalation on part of the mime leading to his arrest, and his actions made me take those decisions. With the limited sec team we had, having someone after sec, hindering at their every move, was not an option, and even traitors get denied cloning treatment. Hell, I've seen rounds where even slight greytiders get denied cloning. Don't know why you exactly chose this exact round to crack down. Does this set a precedent for all players to expect a thorough following on future sec members as well?
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Re: [Okand37] - Repukan - Steel Ban Run

Post by Pascal123 » #198066

I was the Cyborg. The AI informed me to check security and follow the blood trail leading to the re-education chamber lethal injections locker. When i fetched it out, the warden noticed me, questioned me about it, then ordered me to have the body cloned. Once at medical, you silently ran up, snatched the corpse, ran off, and fired several .38 rounds at me. While not massively damaging, it was enough to facilitate an antagonists destruction of me shortly afterwards.
You could have like. Taken advantage of asimov and said. "Borg." followed by "Do not clone this corpse.". if you truly had your doubts about them, you know...

Just putting this here in-case it means anything.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #198073

Doesn't sound like a good ban.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #198075

I ran this through with shaps, and he told me I should give you a day which I agreed to, as well that I should give you a weekban for security which I did. Thats pretty much it.

The mime was actually trying to keep people out, and used forcewall on the door to do so as I was informed. You can't lethal someone then prevent them from being cloned on the basis of 'they hit me with a stick and *think* they're a syndicate.'
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #198076

Stunning + beating someone is trying to kill them though. That's how our combat works.

Player 1: Griefed the HoP line, tried to kill the guy who arrested him, adminhelped it(unless the borg did?)

Player 2: Stopped the grief (his job as security), defended himself when attacked

And then player two got banned for some reason despite being the one reacting to unprovoked nonsense from the mime at every step (having your stuff taken when you go in a cell isn't provocation, it's part of being arrested).

Classic banbaiting.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #198078

Alright so I made a mistake here, when Okand was briefing me on the situation I was in the middle of watching a movie, and I missed one critical detail. I thought that the mime batonning the detective in the cell was on help intent and just stunning them, not harm intent as in beating them. I would have likely also fucked the mime up for their actions, and securing the corpse also seems reasonable to me. When you're a mime, your actions are your only way of showing off your intent, and when you start whaling on an officer of the law like that, you're pretty much hanging up a "kill my ass" sign on your neck. I apologize for my mistake, and I'll rescind the ban and the note post-haste.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #198201

From my perspective as the mime:

I start the round as the mime and head to medbay to wave hello to people. The chemist there says she'll make me space lube if I do a dance, so I do a dance and she gives me lube. As I leave medbay I hear a bunch of people are yelling on the radio at the HoP because he's not in his office, so I head to the HoP office to see what's going on. Nobody is waiting in line and the HoP isn't there, but about 5 people, including the detective, are hanging out by the office's open hallway airlock. These people keep entering and leaving the office, so I alternate between putting invisible walls on the doorway and lube on the floor to prank them as they try to enter. Nobody complained or told me to stop (including the detective) and I certainly didn't feel as though I was griffing -- I mean, preventing people from entering/leaving a place that they don't even have access to shouldn't be a problem.

After a few minutes of hanging out the commotion dies down and everyone leaves to go back to work. I wander around for about 5 minutes, but then I hear someone yell on the radio that "the clown is rogue and has broken into the HoP office!" so I run back to the HoP office and put space lube on the exit to catch him when he comes out. The detective was there before me and saw me spray the lube. Nothing gets said. The door to the office is closed so we both wait silently outside the office. We wait for about a minute but the clown doesn't come out. The detective was not tripped or prevented from arresting the clown because he didn't have access to the office in the first place. The lube dries up envetually so I spray the entrance again. That's when the detective stuns me and drags me to the brig.

I don't resist the arrest at all, despite the lack of cuffs on my arms. The arrest goes without trouble and he puts me in a cell and locks my stuff up. That's when the trouble begins. He pulls out his baton after locking the locker and knocks me down with it. I get up after a few seconds but he knocks me down again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Nobody else is in security and he hasn't told anyone about my arrest, he's just attacking me over and over and over again to be a dick. I'm pissed off at this point so I spam-click disarm and knock him down, grabbing his baton and letting him have it. And yeah, I used harm intent, but what did he expect? If he didn't want to start shit then he should have bagged the baton and left the cell and set my timer like any sane sec officer would do.

So anyway, he gets up after taking a few whacks and pulls out a laser gun and kills me, then drags my corpse to a hidden locker. Pascal123's post explained what happened after that.

I find it hilarious that a detective would carry a laser gun on him but not have a single pair of handcuffs. Come on, give me a break. You act as though I was preventing you from you from arresting people in the HoP office, but how the hell were you even going to arrest people without handcuffs? Sheesh.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #198559

This can probably be closed. D&B was unbanned (from what I can tell) and I'm not riled up anymore.

The previous post I made was targeted at Kor. It's pretty cynical to assume that people use adminhelps for banbaiting and it didn't feel very good to be accused of such.

Actually, I think this whole ordeal stemmed from too much cynicism. In my head I viewed D&B's actions as though they were targeted at me - the player - and not my character. And from what D&B said, it sounded as though he viewed my actions in much the same way. So lets all kiss and make up and get back to playing our 2d spessman games.