[Owegno] banned for letting aliens out as non antag

Appeals which have been closed.
Lemtoad
Byond Username: Lemtoad

[Owegno] banned for letting aliens out as non antag

Post by Lemtoad » #199016

Beyond-lemtoad. Character Mike Lemons.
Owegno
2 day server ban occurred today at around 3:30 A.M. Central.

I would like to apologise for letting aliens out of virology when I was a non-antag. I also apologise for logging off without saying anything more than what I did. My only defense was that in the beginning of the round I made an announcement that aliens weren't real and then apparently they showed up and I had to see for myself by breaking down a wall. Obviously this was a mistake. I apologise for my thirstyness for aliens since it was the first round I ever played with them.

All in all I deeply apologise for ruining the round for whomever I ruined it for and all I ask is for a reduction to a 1 day ban. Though I can understand if you keep it at 2 days.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Owegno] banned for letting aliens out as non antag

Post by oranges » #199054

Did the admins spawn the aliens in the first place?
Lemtoad

Post by Lemtoad » #199056

Well I don't really know how aliens work but they appeared somewhat early in the round after I made that announcement. So I have no idea..
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #199061

Early round aliens are definitely admin spawned, so someone likely spawned aliens, then banned you for.. interacting with the Aliens?

What did they expect you to do?

Do we ban for interacting with admin events?

Unless you left something out you didn't really do anything wrong besides logging out
Lemtoad

Post by Lemtoad » #199065

Well I had to break down a wall because they sealed them off. I mean I probably deserve some punishment. I was just curious.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #199069

It's entirely possible owegno had no idea that wjohnston had made himself a xeno queen or w/e since he popped on midway through the round to answer an adminhelp.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #199073

lollerderby wrote:wjohnston had made himself a xeno queen or w/e
Haven't we already yelled at him to stop doing this?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #199080

lollerderby wrote:It's entirely possible owegno had no idea that wjohnston had made himself a xeno queen or w/e since he popped on midway through the round to answer an adminhelp.
That is correct, I hopped on to answer an ahelp and ended up staying for a bit to make sure the round ended properly.

I probably should of checked the round time in hindsight but what it had looked like to me is that someone locked xenos in virology and then Lemtoad decided to let them out. Seeing as you're a new player I will remove the bans. I kind of assumed you had ill intent and didn't mind being punished since you just said that you fucked up and would exile yourself before logging off.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #199101

I was virologist that round
Opened virology to see an egg and a resin wall blocking my way
Thanks WJ.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #199113

Saegrimr wrote:
lollerderby wrote:wjohnston had made himself a xeno queen or w/e
Haven't we already yelled at him to stop doing this?
I've never seen him do it without asking permission first.

Also this is the second time in a week an admin has banned a player for releasing xenos WJ spawned. The perfect ban bait.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #199119

honestly it's a bit silly, if admins are gonna spawn aliens then they need to be ready to deal with the consequences.

and admins joining the round should ping the other admins to see if the xenos were adminspawn before handing out bans.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #199162

It seems ridicluous to ban someone for releasing xeno's from xenobiology... Given that's what helps things progress and what happens in every single good/bad Sci-fi movie (which you cold argue is what ss13 is supposed to be like).

Heck I've created xeno's etc in the pens HOPING that someone will release them for a more interesting round

Also FYI ban note/reason was: "Banned for 2880 minutes - Released some xenos that were safely contained in virology FNR, please don't do this stuff."
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Lemtoad

Post by Lemtoad » #199237

Thank you for the mercy. I will try harder.