Appeals which have been closed.
ChemicalRascal
Byond Username: ChemicalRascal

[Lexorion] ChemicalRascal - AI/Cyborg jobban

Post by ChemicalRascal » #212745

Byond account and character name: ChemicalRascal, Elohim
Banning admin: Lexorion
Ban type (What are you banned from?): AI + Cyborg jobban
Ban reason and length: 1440 mins, "The reason is: Please follow your laws! Wizards are humans,too."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 21/09/2016, ~0540, ADST

Your side of the story:

Wizard was in bridge near roundstart, getting robusted hard because I guess he was bad. I called for his death (something along the lines of "SHOOT THE WIZARD IN THE FACE" was said), instead of... saying "DON'T SHOOT THE WIZARD IN THE FACE", I guess. Following this, there was a Lizard (Alex Owen) who wore the wizard's hardsuit, and I reported his location and identity as a wizard to sec -- because I thought he was a wizard, because he was running around in a wizard hardsuit. With the helmet on.

Coincidentally, Lexorion (banning admin) was listed as a wizard at round end.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Here's the discussion immediately after the jobban:
PM to-Admins: Hey, dude, I said I was going to follow that ruling.
Admin PM from-Lexorion: Well it did cause some salt and it's not a harsh punishment so it should be alright. Just a day (not even a normal ban)
I understand that this is probably going to take more than a day to resolve via a thread like this, but I'm doing this more on principle (and because I'd rather not have a ban based on salt on my record) than to get back in the silicone seat. Words aren't harm, I didn't break silicone law by saying that. Alex Owen was a Lizard regardless, and thus not human. Unless there was something else that you didn't discuss with me before or after the ban, I don't see where I broke silicone law.

Calling for the wizard to die isn't in-line with general silicone play, sure, and in future I'll focus more on throwing out the typical unheeded mewlings of an Asimov AI trying to tell the station, no really guys, don't kill the wizard even though literally everyone is -- but those words aren't harm, and not saying them wouldn't have resulted in a different outcome. They were only words, I wasn't venting plasma into the bridge or something.
Lexorion
Byond Username: Lexorion
Github Username: Lexorion

Re: [Lexorion] ChemicalRascal - AI/Cyborg jobban

Post by Lexorion » #212746

I did not ban you for "causing salt",you broke(/ignored) your AI laws,the ban reason states it and I'm certain I told you this in the ahelps. Words indeed aren't harm yet you should still try to prevent harm and treat wizards like humans ( Law 1: You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. ) Please don't do it again! I'll lift the ban in a second.