Appeals which have been closed.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

[Saegrimr] Pascal123 - Cult Fluff Text

Post by Pascal125 » #221330

Byond account and character name: Pascal123/Betrays-Its-Kin

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Temporary - Servers

Ban reason and length: "Killing people fresh out of cloning for refusing holy water, or just refusing at all. I checked the attack logs and yes you attacked first don't give me that "I was JUST attacked" bullshit." 1440 Minutes

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-10-26 07:41:10

Your side of the story:
The gamemode was Cult, Cultists were confirmed. I was the Chaplain and Security told me to give people holy water in medbay. They were continuously bringing me people to cloning, telling me to feed them holy water.
Two of which refused to take the water and attempted to escape medbay. I, as a chaplain found this suspicious and killed them. They had scanned themselves in the autocloners a few times after the first time, and kept being autocloned, refusing once more to take the water. Growing increasingly frustrated i killed them and then had them cloned half-way so i could forcefeed them holy water in crit before having security and medical cryo them. This succeeded, and then they jumped out of cryo and attacked me together. I killed them once more for this, being the chaplain.

Admittedly, i am a bit new to being a chaplain in a cult shift, but the general consensus that i have been told is that, you need over thirty/fourty units of holy water ingested to begin the deconverting process, and that it requires one or two minutes for it to actually deconvert. During which i was attacked and had to defend myself from possible cultists who, in my eyes, might have been desperately trying to kill me before they were deconverted. They had repeatedly refused to take the holy water when asked, and when forced they had acted violently. At most they kept telling me to only give them one sip, of roughly 16 or so units, and refusing any more, proceeding to disarm and attempt escape if i tried. One even smashed my flask. Normally, i'd be fine with their request of only having one sip, if i were not being told that it was not enough in previous cult shifts whenever i did only give one sip, and being told i needed to give several to deconvert, i was being extra careful and cautious around these two. Even after the matter had been handled, one named "Miku Frost" i believe, had continued to attack and harass medical.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
While killing them when they were "Just" cloned may have been a little too much, I believe i had reason to do so. This was a cult shift, I was a chaplain. A high value-target. security wanted me to make sure any cloned people got fed water. To which these two refused repeatedly and attempted to escape after having themselves repeatedly scanned in an autocloner, forcing me to have to prevent them. Eventually attacking me for forcing them to take the water once i had managed to early-eject them, followed by them proceeding to be a nuisance in medbay after the situation. You know... "Act like an antag, get treated like an antag"?

The admin in question had seemingly just gotten on to handle the situation around the time where the two had just proceeded to mob me, and sent me a rather hostile sounding admin PM stating "I really REALLY want to know what this is about." to which i replied. "It's a cult shift. These guys keep refusing holy water, and they just attacked me." Around seven minutes later i was wordlessly banned while Miku was punching an MD in medbay for defending themselves.

I believe i may have also been judged based on "perfect" action as opposed to more logically by my "limited knowledge" as a player chaplain during a cult shift who was following orders and doing, in my eyes anyways, the best they could given the little knowledge i had of the role during said gamemode, and knowledge i had gained through the shift.

I also feel as though there was some form of attempted ban-baiting involved as after the PM had arrived one proceeded to shove and attempt to agitate me and medical. Seemingly in an attempt to make us frustrated while an admin was present, knowing that it could make us look worse for responding.

I am willing to elaborate on these points and explain specific things more thoroughly, In my opinion there was more to this then just me going on a "murderspree" on two innocent clones just because they refused water, and i do not believe a quick look at logs alone would encompass it fully, you'd have had to have been there and witnessed it or considered it in my shoes to understand why i did what i had done.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Saegrimr] Pascal123 - Cult Fluff Text

Post by oranges » #221341

I'm not sure why a person would be banned for doing their job in a cult round?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #221345

Refusing to drink the holywater and fighting the chaplain in a cult round sounds like "acting like an antag" to me.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221448

Screemonster wrote:Refusing to drink the holywater and fighting the chaplain in a cult round sounds like "acting like an antag" to me.
Fighting back when the chaplain starts killing you for refusing sure doesn't.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #221453

Saegrimr wrote:
Screemonster wrote:Refusing to drink the holywater and fighting the chaplain in a cult round sounds like "acting like an antag" to me.
Fighting back when the chaplain starts killing you for refusing sure doesn't.
fanatically refusing to take holy water sure does.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #221454

Admins need to stop punishing chaplains for playing security when every game mechanic is screaming at them to do so.

If someone had fled from implants during gang/rev, then attacked security when a fight started they'd probably be the ones who ended up banned if anything.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221465

Kor wrote:Admins need to stop punishing chaplains for playing security when every game mechanic is screaming at them to do so.

If someone had fled from implants during gang/rev, then attacked security when a fight started they'd probably be the ones who ended up banned if anything.
Remove holy water making you drunk for 3 years then and people might stop refusing it.

Or chaplains can deal with people not wanting to drink their fucking shitwater.

And not fucking murder people for not wanting it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #221466

Why would I drink something that prevents me from getting valids?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221469

iamgoofball wrote:Why would I drink something that prevents me from getting valids?
What if you're not an antag, why would you drink something that makes it 300% more of a pain in the ass to do anything due to retardation?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #221473

Saegrimr wrote:
Kor wrote:Admins need to stop punishing chaplains for playing security when every game mechanic is screaming at them to do so.

Remove holy water making you drunk for 3 years then and people might stop refusing it.

Or chaplains can deal with people not wanting to drink their fucking shitwater.

And not fucking murder people for not wanting it.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/19687

>august 4th

And even if it made them drunk the chaplain wouldnt be griefing for doing his job on the captains orders. It'd also be possible to resist wanting to be drunk without it being griefing. The entire basis of the game is giving people contradictory goals to cause them to end up in conflict
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #221474

>what the fuck is antihol
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #221475

bandit wrote:>what the fuck is antihol
ALSO THIS
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221477

Well you got me there, lifting the ban then. killing people straight out of cloning is still fucking dumb and I hope I don't see it again.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #221479

Saegrimr wrote:
Well you got me there, lifting the ban then. killing people straight out of cloning is still fucking dumb and I hope I don't see it again.
That's where Rule 1 comes in fam. USE IT
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #221484

Should have stuck some holywater the cryobeakers. Everyone gets deconverted if they want treatment!
Freedom
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221489

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:That's where Rule 1 comes in fam. USE IT
Not necessary here at all.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #221491

TehPear wrote:Should have stuck some holywater the cryobeakers. Everyone gets deconverted if they want treatment!
Imagine if goofmos had gotten finished. Holy water vapor coming out of the vents every round.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #221502

Kor wrote:
TehPear wrote:Should have stuck some holywater the cryobeakers. Everyone gets deconverted if they want treatment!
Imagine if goofmos had gotten finished. Holy water vapor coming out of the vents every round.
Well at least it's not hellfoam coming out of the vents.
Desucake
Byond Username: Desucake

Post by Desucake » #221504

I honestly was never a cultist to start with, Warden watched me get murdered by the cultist lawyer, he cuffed my dead body then I got tossed into the cloner after 30 mins by the HOP. I came out of the cloner to meet the chaplain and I told him just give me the normal dosage,hoping not to be stammering so much from it. However, he decided to keep spamming the bottle on me way more times than he needed to. I moved a few times , then he decided to burn me when I was still trying to still explain this to him. This did push me to attack him back and I was killed by him and a chemist nearby.

I rescanned myself during the issue and I died. After I was forcefully pulled out of the cloner and the same plan started going on, a chemist decided to keep shooting me with morphine. I decided to disarm them, and sec finally came to stop the fight. I backed off, but the chemist decided to catch me on fire and sec put out the fire then arrested the chemist. To very honest, the round in general was very bad, security was very scattered and the crew was very high strung, I know I did not help it with some of my actions and I understand some of the actions done by the chaplain. He honestly did the best he could, even if he did it a little sloppy.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221519

Desucake wrote:I honestly was never a cultist to start with, Warden watched me get murdered by the cultist lawyer, he cuffed my dead body then I got tossed into the cloner after 30 mins by the HOP. I came out of the cloner to meet the chaplain and I told him just give me the normal dosage,hoping not to be stammering so much from it. However, he decided to keep spamming the bottle on me way more times than he needed to. I moved a few times , then he decided to burn me when I was still trying to still explain this to him. This did push me to attack him back and I was killed by him and a chemist nearby.

I rescanned myself during the issue and I died. After I was forcefully pulled out of the cloner and the same plan started going on, a chemist decided to keep shooting me with morphine. I decided to disarm them, and sec finally came to stop the fight. I backed off, but the chemist decided to catch me on fire and sec put out the fire then arrested the chemist. To very honest, the round in general was very bad, security was very scattered and the crew was very high strung, I know I did not help it with some of my actions and I understand some of the actions done by the chaplain. He honestly did the best he could, even if he did it a little sloppy.
I wish you told me about the chemist instead, that sounds like the bigger problem.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #221520

The chemist was punished ICly
Desucake
Byond Username: Desucake

Post by Desucake » #221575

Saegrimr wrote: I wish you told me about the chemist instead, that sounds like the bigger problem.
I honestly let everything pass since it seemed more ic if anything, the chemist was dealt with icly as stated already.
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #221578

2016-10-26 07:42:56 | /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100% LAGFREE] | saegrimr
Banned from Chaplain - Please never play chaplain again if you're going to force feed everybody holy water and kill them if they refuse.

Yeah, i'd like to appeal this as unnecessary and painting me in a bad light even after explanations were made.

And i'd like to reiterate. Cultist Shift.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #221579

Oh right, forgot to delete the note for the jobban since that was lifted as well.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #221964

The bans were lifted two days ago. Closing this.