Vox Serico

[subtlegraces] Julia Hackwrench - Singularity Hilarity

Post by Vox Serico » #17665

Vox Serico as Julia Hackwrench on Sybil
by subtlegraces for 1440 min (24h)
at ‎4:th ‎of July ‎2014, ‏‎07:09 UTC+1
with reason "Built a disposal chute leading directly into the singularity.."

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5H6DBUAl.png[/img]
Image note: Entry chute was facing north prior to admin contact.

Illustration:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bEdxENVl.png[/img]
Once this "SINGULARITY FEEDING TU- uh.. SACRIF- *ahem* FUN RIDE" was finished, a person dressed as the HoP asked to try it out, and did so saying "if this works, I'll see you in the afterlife". I did not hear from him again, which suggests he was satisfied.
I announced over the radio several times that the construction was finished and for the crew to visit engineering.
While checking on the singularity containment, I got a message from subtlegraces stating that a borg had fallen into the shute and died.
I opted to replace the entry chute with a much safer disposals bin.
End of Story.

Since this is a short ban, I do not expect it to get lifted. However, I am protesting it on the merit of it being a fun and novel construction which many thought impossible without containment failure.
The entry chute facing directly into the hallway was most likely a less safe decision. Unaware borgs sprinting down the hallway without exercising caution may have caused their own untimely demise.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [subtlegraces] Julia Hackwrench - Singularity Hilarity

Post by elyina » #17670

that is funny and cool, but we don't have a funny clause for bans. should have waited until you were a traitor to use this idea.

it is however, a 10/10.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #17671

Yeah. That's very well-done and impressive, and you're being reasonable about this whole thing, but you weren't an antagonist and you got other players killed and don't seem terribly remorseful about that so. Welp. We'll see what SG has to say.
RIP
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #17729

Believe me I don't fault you for the construction, it's excellent.

I doubt it would have been any sort of problem if there weren't casualties. That said it's not really the other player's responsibility to avoid your implied death-machine. It's a chance you take with things that can cause collateral damage, especially if it's other players being gibbed for the round.

I'll reduce the engineering-sector ban to a shorter duration but think the gameban should stay. Murder is murder.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #17788

Precedent Reference: Terbs' HILARIOUS murdershard chute that gathered up several deaths on Badger.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo