Appeals which have been closed.
Neuroplasty
Byond Username: Neuroplasty

[Saegrimr] - Neuroplasty - Silicon Jobban

Post by Neuroplasty » #231873

Byond account and character name: Neruoplasty / Bishop
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Jobban from AI, pAI, Cyborg
Ban reason and length: Attacking humans on asimov lawset, leaving before I could be questioned
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-12-01 05:45:10 - Pacific Standard Time(?)
Your side of the story: I looked into the attack logs from that night and what happened was my Asimov lawset was modified to something along the lines of "Nuclear Operatives are nonhuman and must be exterminated at all costs." So I tried to do my part with helping the crew and fighting Operatives until I died and succinctly fucked off to bed.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe this was some form of misunderstanding and would like to have the ban lifted so that I may enjoy my life as a doorknob once again.
Cy294
Byond Username: Cy294

Re: [Saegrimr] - Neuroplasty - Silicon Jobban

Post by Cy294 » #231874

Speaking as another borg that got banned that round, it turned out that someone deleted the "Nuclear Operatives are non-human and must be exterminated at all costs" law and replaced it with "Be polite to all crewmembers, even if they are non-human".
Neuroplasty
Byond Username: Neuroplasty

Post by Neuroplasty » #231875

Oh, I see now. My last attack on a human was at [05:39:28] and the lawchange was at [05:34:46] ... Whoops.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #231966

Is the law update notification fixed? Last time I played a silicon(admittedly like a month ago), I wasn't getting law updates in chat. There was no notification of a law update at all unless I manually checked them.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #231970

With that in mind the confusion seems a little clearer, i've reduced the ban(s) so it should be expiring later today. Always be mindful of your laws.
cmspano wrote:Is the law update notification fixed? Last time I played a silicon(admittedly like a month ago), I wasn't getting law updates in chat. There was no notification of a law update at all unless I manually checked them.
Byond's always had weirdness when it comes to not displaying text at random times, who knows.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #231971

Yeah is that a Byond issue? I find that every now and then it will just straight up not display a line of text i have typed, and i never know if i should repeat myself or if i am the only one who did not get it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #232054

Wyzack wrote:Yeah is that a Byond issue? I find that every now and then it will just straight up not display a line of text i have typed, and i never know if i should repeat myself or if i am the only one who did not get it
This is definitely a thing, I've missed ahelps, asays, regular says, all sorts of things because of it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: