[HG] Dante Smith Redux: The Final Freeening

Appeals which have been closed.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

[HG] Dante Smith Redux: The Final Freeening

Post by Doritos » #233884

Allow me to preface this appeal with this: My first appeal found here was publicly denied so I could play on an alternate key and avoid the negative reputation associated with Zaross, since that was the only real issue the previous headmins had.

After some discussion in headminbus(whilist I was appealing) it was decided to just let the thread play out, I'd be unbanned and not allowed to play as Dante/on the Zaross key or mention who I was. Basically this.

Then, after some more talks/pms I guess at some point it was also going to be secret from the admins, though that was dismissed by Kor who said that'd just be stupid since admins would find me and think I was ban evading.

And then some more ???shit??? happens? I think at one point I had to PM someone the new key I was using for reasons. There was a lot of miscommunication at this point and I guess Shaps' had changed his ??mind??. I hopped onto the IRC and asked him about it and he said what basically said "Yeah you're totally right, people are just mad at nothing, but since you're a community figure it's bad??" then after we had come to an agreement and left I was PM'd by another headmin that instead of being unbanned I was given Headmin Sanction™ to ban evade.

So during this time I was playing as Lynsey Baker on the key Always Bet Rare Akuma. Though according to Kor after a few days of me playing I got takysbacksied by Shaps without actually being told about it so I guess I got bussed fucking hard.

Now, after a discussion with a new headmin, they've expressed that they'd like for me to appeal formally/again so here it is.

Post Content: ^ ^ ^
Byond account and character name: Zaross / Dante Smith

Banning admin: Hornygranny

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaserver ban. I do believe I was also banned from various antag roles.

Ban reason and length: Rule 0. Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): I wouldn't have a clue.

Your side of the story: I think Krusvik wants me to appeal both the rule 0 ban and the away mission thing so:
I've forgotten most of the details of the round but the away mission round went something like: I got lucky with one of the away missions rolls that spawned you in as a wizard defender. I killed a man, soulstoned him and then polymorphed his shade into a mediborg, then ordered him to remove the exile implant in me so I could leave the away mission. (Since I had already killed everyone invading anyway)
Then, I was banned for a week, banned from various antagonist roles then rule 0'd by HG.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I had gotten admin permission and encouragement to do the implant thing beforehand. I abused no bugs, exploits or anything of the sort. I had purged everyone that was invading before I left etc etc. There was no basis or policy against it. The ban was shit in every way it could be shit.

On the rule zero: That round was the only even "questionable" round I had since I got back in the 9~ or so months of playing.

The issue is probably that I cultivated the "negative" reputation I have in OOC channels, and despite there being a complete divide in how I actually play and my reputation, I was banned purely on reputation alone, which suddenly becomes a non-issue when I'm not on the Zaross key.
Last edited by Doritos on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: [HG] Dante Smith Redux: The Final Freeening

Post by Hornygranny » #233887

iamgoofball wrote:Do not unban Dante. Ever. Here is the reason, as demonstrated by his post:

This whole post dispels his entire argument of getting unbanned.

The ban reason was, as Bob Dobbington said, "rule zero for an absence of reform." Reform most likely referring getting rid of his elitist, dickish attitude where he literally makes money off of being a dick.(And no, this isn't doxxing, he linked to this on OOC multiple times in the past and the page is filled with SS13 related shit.)

I could care less about whether he roleplays.

I could care less about the murderboners.

What matters is that he has actively made it his goal when he plays here to ruin the fun of other players. He gains no satisfaction unless someone has a bad day due to his actions.

His quote above proves he has no intention of changing any of the parts that got him banned. He once again states that he misses the anger.

On his Patreon page, you can see the following quote:

The first two paragraphs aren't what matters. The third one is. It outright calls Dante on being a dick for the sole purpose of being a dick. Dante's response on his patreon page dedicated to making money off of being a dick shows he thinks this is "autistic".

You aren't coming back to appeal to play the game.

You're coming back to appeal so you can get your fix of being a douchebag to other players to ruin the game for them.

Never come back.
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #233888

Hornygranny wrote:stuff
My patreon does not and has never influenced how I play/played. The patreon was made, mainly, to laugh at people that get upset over nothing. (Which, indeed, in your quote you can see Zilenan getting mad at ?me killing people as an antagonist?)

The rest of the quote is just opinions formed from, again, the negative reputation I intentionally cultivated. (And is NOT how I play.)

(Also, please update the $ amount in the image, it's embarassing.)
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #233889

Doritos wrote:So during this time I was playing as Lynsey Baker on the key Always Bet Rare Akuma.
Jesus christ, you were awful on that ckey and linked with a bunch of other awful ones.

Just go anywhere else.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #233890

Saegrimr wrote:
Doritos wrote:So during this time I was playing as Lynsey Baker on the key Always Bet Rare Akuma.
Jesus christ, you were awful on that ckey and linked with a bunch of other awful ones.

Just go anywhere else.
Could you post the other keys I'm linked with? I used a generic VPN so it probably connected me to a lot of keys I've no relation to.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #233891

Doritos wrote:(And is NOT how I play.)
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #233892

TheColdTurtle wrote:
Doritos wrote:(And is NOT how I play.)
This is just an artifact a year(two?) ago when I played lifeweb(when I made it) and has no relation to SS13.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #233896

Doritos wrote:Could you post the other keys I'm linked with? I used a generic VPN so it probably connected me to a lot of keys I've no relation to.
Permabanned
sojucocroc
alwaysbetrareakuma
kekkles
panzer7
robinbusta
sneegesnog

Not permabanned
robbykebab
elliotoffen

What i'm getting from this is maybe it'd be a smart idea to rangeban that VPN entirely.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #233898

Saegrimr wrote:
Doritos wrote:Could you post the other keys I'm linked with? I used a generic VPN so it probably connected me to a lot of keys I've no relation to.
Permabanned
sojucocroc
alwaysbetrareakuma
kekkles
panzer7
robinbusta
sneegesnog

Not permabanned
robbykebab
elliotoffen

What i'm getting from this is maybe it'd be a smart idea to rangeban that VPN entirely.
Only the first two are me. The first key was just a test before I made a key with an actual name.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #233901

Doritos wrote:The first key was just a test before I made a key with an actual name.
j-just a test
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #233903

Saegrimr wrote:
Doritos wrote:The first key was just a test before I made a key with an actual name.
j-just a test
What is this even supposed to mean? It's not like the first key has any notes/bans. It was just so I could get a key with an actual name lmao.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #233906

He is implying that if it was just a test you would only go on once
Doritos

Post by Doritos » #233910

TheColdTurtle wrote:He is implying that if it was just a test you would only go on once
What relevance does it have? It's arbitrary, it's grasping at literally nothing. I mean I could understand if it had a note or a ban or anything but as it is it's just a shitpost.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #233923

After having cross referenced opinions and information on the matter, we've decided on a decision regarding your ban appeal.

Unfortunately we feel with the information provided, both previously and here, that you're suggested to try to find enjoyment by playing on another server opposed to our own. While we try to be lenient and forgiving, there is still a point passed that discourages us from wanting to give this parting forgiveness to a player. We hope that with this said you'll be understanding and will be able to have fun on another server and or game, but we'll be respectfully denying your appeal. Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope you have a nice day.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #233933

If anyone thinks other people who have poor playstyles who have been known to murderbone have not been banned then I don't know what to tell you. Plenty have been banned for similar playstyles.

This thread is pretty much done as a decision has been made and people not involved in this matter continue to drag it on. Thus I'm locking it; Zaross can PM headmins if he has any questions.
Freedom