Note appeal -Sirnat

Appeals which have been closed.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Note appeal -Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #235495

Byond account and character name:Sirnat/ Nathan Ward
Banning admin:No bannu
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Not banned, just a note appeal.
Ban reason and length:
2016-01-05 20:56:57 | Sybil | lollerderby
Banned for 10 minutes - OOC in IC: [Common] Nathan Ward yells, "ITS GANGS!!"

2016-01-29 04:28:48 | Sybil | technoalchemist
Banned for 0.0001 minutes - threatening me.

2016-04-10 02:00:19 | /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100% LAG FREE] | mrstonedone
Reports of metagaming, getting gluag'ed, suiciding, going positronic brain, and going to help out other people in the labor camp/recover body
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-04-10 02:03:44 | /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100% LAG FREE] | mrstonedone
Banned from pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad - Using past life knowledge to help out past life prision mates in the labor camp as posibrain

-So, these two notes were placed on me for a round where I was an asimov borg, and was gulag'd or imprisoned? I think I died, and became a posi so I ran around a bit. Then some person was being seriously griefed by security, I remember it being someone who was innocent/not even grey tiding and security gulag'd them 1000 points and later on I went to check on them in the gulag because I hadn't seen them out yet, and I found their corpse on the shuttle so I brought the shuttle back, and I believe I laughed at how the security guard bullying them had gotten killed by a goliath in the prisoner area of the gulag and I couldnt exactly risk getting their corpse without getting the goliath onboard. I dont remember if I saved the corpse or not, but I wasn't even aware of this ban because I hadn't played when it was even in affect, nor was spoken to about it.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Times posted in the notes
Your side of the story:

Note 1 - -This note I find useless to really have been placed, I spoke to loller about it, and I was only banned/noted because of how I worded it.
I think at that time I was a MD who witnessed a guy pen someone/spray paint a wall so I yelled "It's gangs!" instead of, "Theres gangsters!"

Note 2- Love you techno, just could use this taken off for the simple fact of making my notes not seem like its a huge list.

Note 3- -So, these two notes were placed on me for a round where I was an asimov borg, and was gulag'd or imprisoned? I think I died, and became a posi so I ran around a bit. Then some person was being seriously griefed by security, I remember it being someone who was innocent/not even grey tiding and security gulag'd them 1000 points and later on I went to check on them in the gulag because I hadn't seen them out yet, and I found their corpse on the shuttle so I brought the shuttle back, and I believe I laughed at how the security guard bullying them had gotten killed by a goliath in the prisoner area of the gulag and I couldnt exactly risk getting their corpse without getting the goliath onboard. I dont remember if I saved the corpse or not, but I wasn't even aware of this ban because I hadn't played when it was even in affect, nor was spoken to about it.

Note 3- continued- I also attempted to get on IRC and speak to MSO about it, but I could never get ahold of him, and didn't really want to bother him over what seemed minor at the time, but seeing it now, it just makes it seem as if I havn't improved since my ban from Kor months ago, and I feel I have completely changed my ways of how I used to play.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I know I was a real bad shitter last year, like from jan-march I'd say of this year? But I truly believe appealing these notes is something I need to do, as I have hopes of having actually become a decent player instead of my old ban-baiting, grey tiding, self.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Note appeal -Sirnat

Post by bandit » #235520

#1 I can tell you right now probably isn't going to get removed, it's a legitimate case of OOC in IC. Saying "round" instead of "shift" is also a wording issue but we enforce that too.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #235588

Probably but it was worth the try.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #235687

Should work on the formatting of this little better. Somewhat confusing.

Anywho, note #1 being an OOC in IC as such I'd probably not change it or remove it; especially being tied to a ban.

Note #2 is a meme note. Those are generally ignored for the most part, but I can remove it.

As far as Note #3 I'm confused by your series of events here and wording.

What I'm reading is you were an Asimov borg and got imprisoned/gulaged. I'm not sure how you can imprison a cyborg unless someone law twos it to do that, yet I doubt that's much the case. I'm assuming that you meant as a humanoid, you got arrested and gulaged. You ended up dying by likely bathing in lava and became a positron brain which was made into a cyborg. Now at this point; the question is were you using knowledge from previous life in regards to the person who was also gulagged to check in and help them. f so; that's pretty much the major reason for the note/ban as it does indeed go into the realm of metagaming as you were using knowledge you had available from the previous life. So; chances are this isn't going to get removed.

As far as notes in general; you have actually quite a bit of notes. The thing is admins may disregard some older placed notes if we notice you have been playing quite a bit and haven't done anything worth noting. I can't guarantee that response though as some admins may also tunnel vision on the fact there are a lot notes. My advice is to just keep attempting to improve; if you are sincere chances of you gaining more negative notes are less likely.
Freedom
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #235688

I can understand that, I was just worried with the amount it would be tunnel visioned on any situation.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #236082

If I'm going to let notes sway my opinion of someone I generally only look at notes of 6 months or less. Older notes are normally a legacy thing or just to show a history. Also from what I know and see notes are only used to increase punishments for things already happening. No one really gets called up for "having lots of notes". So stay outa trouble and you'll be fine.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #236635

Looks like this has been about cleared up, so I'll go ahead and lock it. Have fun! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?