[NikNakFlak] Bigjamminjim - Banned for Vore Trip 2014

Appeals which have been closed.
BigJamminJim

[NikNakFlak] Bigjamminjim - Banned for Vore Trip 2014

Post by BigJamminJim » #18355

Byond account and character name: BigJamminJim/Wesley Chagrin
Banning admin: Niknakflak
Ban reason and length: "Raiding on Vorestation server, was told you killed players on the arrivals shuttle and acted generally shitty in the name of tg/vg"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2:30:59
Your side of the story: It was mostly an innocent raid on my part where I was playing my character "Wesley Chagrin" as a guy who got sent to the wrong station at the beginning, with no hostile actions on my part except for being vored by a giant lizard man. However it degenerated into me whipping out my sick new character "John Evoreyman" for some more Vore fun in an attempt to create the Vore family "Voreminoes" effect. I ended up being banned from the server for killing a single Catatonic player alongside a fellow tg Creative who shall not be named to protect their identity in order to see if we can vore a dead body. This action caused an admin to immediately bwoink me on that server, banning me for two days. No other players were murdered by my hand during this safari adventure. And not once did I mention tg nor vg during this zoo trip.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was banned for two days on the Vore server, they're willing to give me a chance. I honestly did not know killing a single Catatonic player would warrant a 2 day ban on that server.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [NikNakFlak] Bigjamminjim - Banned for Vore Trip 2014

Post by NikNakFlak » #18529

Now, I would lift this, but your also apparently ban evading a ban from the account Dukeofdank. Care to explain that?
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #18545

NikNakFlak wrote:Now, I would lift this, but your also apparently ban evading a ban from the account Dukeofdank. Care to explain that?
That's my old account from a bit more than a year ago from when I exploded a bomb as a nonantag scientist on Sybil. Which is funny because I was immediately contacted by an admin after that and they brought it up and nothing ever happened after that.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #18546

It has an active Tempban (which would have been a perma) that is 523 days old that still has not expired. a 523 day old tempban, that is not expired. Techinically, you ban evaded, because you made your current account the same day, your old one was banned.
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #18556

NikNakFlak wrote:It has an active Tempban (which would have been a perma) that is 523 days old that still has not expired. a 523 day old tempban, that is not expired. Techinically, you ban evaded, because you made your current account the same day, your old one was banned.
At the time I was still relatively fresh to the game and even though I was on BigJamminJim, no action was taken despite the fact an admin knew that I was on a different account and brought the point up to me directly. After that I just brushed it off and continued learning the game and enjoying it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #18571

My beef is you never bothered to appeal it and the same day it was banned, you made a new account. You also have 2 other accounts besides these two for no reason. Not to mention permanent jobbans that you never appealed either.
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #18574

NikNakFlak wrote:My beef is you never bothered to appeal it and the same day it was banned, you made a new account. You also have 2 other accounts besides these two for no reason. Not to mention permanent jobbans that you never appealed either.
Can I get some clarification on this, I don't know about having two other accounts besides DukeofDank
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #18577

friendofall511: Same CID as Bigjamminjim and dankofduke
wutangdynasty: Same IP as friendoffall511
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #18581

NikNakFlak wrote:friendofall511: Same CID as Bigjamminjim and dankofduke
wutangdynasty: Same IP as friendoffall511
I don't see how having multiple ckeys with no bans on them is an issue, Notaspider has a few ckeys, and their current ckey is used to circumvent an antag ban. This is public knowledge and has been discussed in OOC with admins on, so I didn't know having multiple ckeys was such an issue, especially when I haven't used any of them in a long time. But the perma jobban is something I gotta ask about since I've had no issues with admins since using that key and there's no notes mentioning it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #18590

Notaspider has one ban that was mirrored to ONE account. You have permanent jobbans and a permaban on one account in which you made a NEW account to AVOID these bans. Multiple ckeys is an absolute pain for admins when we have admin notes and bans which don't show up unless we jump through hoops to input your CID to find the little hidden accounts. I don't understand how you can go from, "I only have two accounts" to trying to justify you ban evading. The only reason you didn't get caught til now is because no one bothers to dig like I do. So far, I see no reason to unban you at all. You change your story around, tell half truths and try to justify your actions by pointing fingers at others.
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #18596

NikNakFlak wrote:Notaspider has one ban that was mirrored to ONE account. You have permanent jobbans and a permaban on one account in which you made a NEW account to AVOID these bans. Multiple ckeys is an absolute pain for admins when we have admin notes and bans which don't show up unless we jump through hoops to input your CID to find the little hidden accounts. I don't understand how you can go from, "I only have two accounts" to trying to justify you ban evading. The only reason you didn't get caught til now is because no one bothers to dig like I do. So far, I see no reason to unban you at all. You change your story around, tell half truths and try to justify your actions by pointing fingers at others.
What half truths? I've told the truth with my side of the story and only been asking about the details of my jobban and perma on my other account. I haven't used Friendofall511 in ages due to the fact that it was the account I used on Bay and WuTangwhateveritis was another account I haven't used in a long time. Is there an admin note on my DukeofDank about this? I don't remember if any of my bans were mirrored or not but I was let off the handle by an admin. Also this was originally about how I was banned for raiding, not for having multiple ckeys. Also I wasn't pointing fingers, I was pointing out a precedent I had seen in OOC of admins acknowledging another users multiple ckeys who also had a ban on a previous one.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #18601

Can I get some clarification on this, I don't know about having two other accounts besides DukeofDank
A lie.
Is there an admin note on my DukeofDank about this? I don't remember if any of my bans were mirrored or not but I was let off the handle by an admin. Also this was originally about how I was banned for raiding, not for having multiple ckeys. Also I wasn't pointing fingers, I was pointing out a precedent I had seen in OOC of admins acknowledging another users multiple ckeys who also had a ban on a previous one.
DukeofDank is/was activily permabanned the ENTIRE time you were playing on bigjamminjim. As for, "being let off the hook by an admin" I would like to see this, or your going to stay perma'd. As for seeing admins acknowledge other users with bans, I would also like to see your example of that. It does not matter what you "saw", you evaded a perma, you raided another server. Because you raided another server, I looked up your history and caught your other accounts banned with you making the new one specifically to evade.
BigJamminJim

Post by BigJamminJim » #18619

NikNakFlak wrote:
A lie.
Is there an admin note on my DukeofDank about this? I don't remember if any of my bans were mirrored or not but I was let off the handle by an admin. Also this was originally about how I was banned for raiding, not for having multiple ckeys. Also I wasn't pointing fingers, I was pointing out a precedent I had seen in OOC of admins acknowledging another users multiple ckeys who also had a ban on a previous one.
DukeofDank is/was activily permabanned the ENTIRE time you were playing on bigjamminjim. As for, "being let off the hook by an admin" I would like to see this, or your going to stay perma'd. As for seeing admins acknowledge other users with bans, I would also like to see your example of that. It does not matter what you "saw", you evaded a perma, you raided another server. Because you raided another server, I looked up your history and caught your other accounts banned with you making the new one specifically to evade.
Okay because I forgot I had two other accounts that makes it a lie? Can you check their play history on /tg/ to see how many times I actually used those? Can I see the notes for DukeOfDank?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #18667

"Blowing up the station as non-antag and logging off when questioned. Appeal this ban on the forums with a serious appeal explaining yourself if you want it highly reduced or removed."
As well as permabans from all science jobs.