[Bluespace] XceptOne - two day ban for detaining first

Appeals which have been closed.
Kludge

[Bluespace] XceptOne - two day ban for detaining first

Post by Kludge » #19243

Byond account and character name: Xceptone, Pools McClosed
Banning admin: Bluespace
Ban reason and length: "Got two people killed, rethink how you handle things in the future", two days.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-07-11 18:34:22 Server time, I didn't record what time it was local time.

Your side of the story:
I walked into atmospherics as a CE and see three canisters being filled up from a modified atmos distribution set up which had plasma in the loop at full pressure, with any venting measures removed from the yellow loop. I attempted to detain two atmospheric technicians, one who was Doc something or other, and another who was Joe Gilligan (the one who seemed most likely of setting it up.) He proceeds to threaten me with blowing them up and I try to detain him again after throwing doc in a welded locker (I only had one pair of cable restraints, and my full intention was to unweld and let him out after I had secured Joe). After I flashed him, he proceeds to send a pda message to the three or so tanks he had filled up, exploding atmos, and killing all three of us. I had an adminhelp conversation with bluespace during that time, and was banned for two days, after he said that I had been reported numerous times throughout the day and that I was making bad decisions.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Contrary to what bluespace had said about me being reported, I had just gotten on five minutes into the previous round before it had restarted, where I had ahelped being griefed for no reason by a character named 'DOCTOR'. Next round was the round of which I was the CE, we promptly got the engine set up, and I headed over to telecommunications and set up a job identifier script, then headed to atmos. So I don't know how he was getting reports on me or what not. Next up is it wasn't my fault he decided to blow the canisters. I didn't force him to do it, nor did I tell him to go ahead. My only fault was that I preemptively detained them for having that setup in atmos, where I was going to question them afterwards when they were safely in handcuff/wirecuff restraints so that I could be sure they wouldn't blow them up or anything else before I could talk to them and get security if needed. I don't think that deserves a two day ban for attempting to detain first.

I have the log of the conversations/what was said to me by joe if needed.
'δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω'
Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the world.

~Archimedes of Syracuse
octopi

Re: [Bluespace] XceptOne - two day ban for detaining first

Post by octopi » #19248

You shouldn't have even gotten warned for this, let alone a two day ban. If someone is detained in a locker and decides "Hey it's a good idea to detonate the entire location I am currently in, killing me, myself and my friend, all because I am trapped.", they honestly deserve to be dead. They brought their death upon themself, and it's their fault they did it while restrained. This ban is pretty bullshit and I'd expect more from Bluespace.

Love and kisses,

Roman
Kludge

Post by Kludge » #19251

octopi wrote:You shouldn't have even gotten warned for this, let alone a two day ban. If someone is detained in a locker and decides "Hey it's a good idea to detonate the entire location I am currently in, killing me, myself and my friend, all because I am trapped.", they honestly deserve to be dead. They brought their death upon themself, and it's their fault they did it while restrained. This ban is pretty bullshit and I'd expect more from Bluespace.

Love and kisses,

Roman
Wasn't the guy in the locker that set it off, it was the other guy I was trying to detain.

~Archimedes of Syracuse
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #19255

Roman pls.

All you needed to do Kludge was talk, and 3 people including yourself would've still been in the round.
Ban lifted, just try and roleplay rather than assume people are making bombs as traitors or some shit.
I play Boris Pepper.
Kludge

Post by Kludge » #19257

Bluespace wrote:Roman pls.

All you needed to do Kludge was talk, and 3 people including yourself would've still been in the round.
Ban lifted, just try and roleplay rather than assume people are making bombs as traitors or some shit.
Thanks, I understand where you come from but I just think it was a bit much for a punishment.

I'll ask for this thread to get locked/moved.

~Archimedes of Syracuse