Appeals which have been closed.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

[lollerderby]-Jonathan Talist crit n' cyro

Post by Deitus » #250740

Byond account and character name: Deitus/Jonathan Talist

Banning admin: lollerderby

Ban type (What are you banned from?): sybil

Ban reason and length: Reason: Rule one is don't be a dick, try not to weld people into space for "keks".

Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~10:25 pm cst

Your side of the story: complete order of events--
>lizard in hopline
>disarm once
>she hits me
>i get ticked and take staff
>space staff
>she goes after it
>weld airlock after her
>she drifts back and crits in airlock
>i immediately take her to cyro
>get bwoinked, explain
>grab staff that landed on other side of station
>give it back to her
>forgiven
>get banned

there have been many, many times where i have been critted for reasons far worse (for insulated gloves at roundstart, for saying "captain's a comdom," etc) and then cyro'd, and when i ahelp it's brushed off as "ic issue due to cyro." usually its worse since you lose blood for it but that wasnt even the case this time.

Why you think you should be unbanned: i very rarely appeal bans (i think i've only done one before?), but this one just kind of strikes me as bullshitty considering how admins have handled similar/worse scenarios with me in the past. if any action at all maybe an hourban or something, but two days seems like a bit much.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Re: [lollerderby]-Jonathan Talist crit n' cyro

Post by lollerderby » #250755

haha i somehow edited your post instead of replying wew
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #250758

ok
>lizard in hopline
>disarm once
>she hits me
>space staff
>she goes after it
up until this point this seems like an ic issue if a bit shitty
>weld airlock after her cuz still mad/prank, plan on healing
ehh. welding people into space for "keks" is shitty.

you also have like a billion notes, you should know better by now
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #250762

ok

>lizard in hopline
>disarm once
>she hits me
>space staff
>she goes after it

up until this point this seems like an ic issue if a bit shitty

>weld airlock after her cuz still mad/prank, plan on healing

ehh. welding people into space for "keks" is shitty.

you also have like a billion notes, you should know better by now

i agree with you that it was a shitty thing to do "for keks," but considering the facts that a) similar/worse has happened to me before with admins ruling "IC" and b) me rectifying the issue not only via cyro and healing but also returning the staff, gaining the player's forgiveness, i still personally believe that it should have stayed an IC issue. i am also fully aware of the volume of my notes, but i don't see how its relevant unless one of them refers to a situation similar to/the same as the conflict in question

while i respect your opinion and ruling for a ban on the matter, i would still like to request that the ban be shortened from two days to something shorter, like 12-18 hours, due to the resolution that happened for both sides.

edit: im hitting the sack for the night, ill check back up on the thread in the morning
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #250767

i edited your post again this is kinda embarrassing tbh i should know how to forum by now
i agree with you that it was a shitty thing to do "for keks," but considering the facts that a) similar/worse has happened to me before with admins ruling "IC"
as i told you in-game, intent to heal vs leaving in the hallway is relevant when you might have reason to crit someone but not actually kill them, it's not IC if you had no/a shit reason
and b) me rectifying the issue not only via cyro and healing but also returning the staff, gaining the player's forgiveness, i still personally believe that it should have stayed an IC issue.
if they want me to lift it idc, but otherwise i think you deserve it
i am also fully aware of the volume of my notes, but i don't see how its relevant unless one of them refers to a situation similar to/the same as the conflict in question
you have tons of notes for griefing tbh i almost feel like i should have just permabanned you looking back on them

not including the numerous ones about spam and other various acts of shittery
Spoiler:
2015-01-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | ahammer18 [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 30 minutes - Killing somone because after being disarmed, after someone else shot the guy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-04-12 00:00:00 | Sybil | tsaricide [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned from Clown - Slipping people trying to fight the blob, throwing peels in the hall near the rechargers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-04-13 00:00:00 | Sybil | tsaricide [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 10080 minutes - Opened a canister of superheated gas on the escape shuttle killing almost everyone FNR.
2015-06-24 00:00:00 | Sybil | jordie0608 [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 4320 minutes - Sprayed space lube around as a non-antag, leading to the death of at least three others.
2016-01-09 18:31:02 | Sybil | bgobandit [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Warned -- graytiding, smashing up the brig windows FNR. "there was no point to the greytiding whatsoever and ill accept whatever punishment necessary for my actions"
2016-06-19 22:09:29 | Sybil | krusvik [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
(MANUAL BAN) Admitted to luring the Colossus to the station as non-antag. Killed over five people including a head, resulting in rev win. Owned up to it and accepted punishment. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)
2016-08-29 01:16:22 | Sybil | excessiveuseofcobby [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 1440 minutes - Throwing a fireaxe at a protected grille [as non-antag] in an attempt to save the clown from being detained. Ended up killing someone.
while i respect your opinion and ruling for a ban on the matter, i would still like to request that the ban be shortened from two days to something shorter, like 12-18 hours, due to the resolution that happened for both sides.
you've already been perma jobbanned this month as well, i honestly think you should take this time to rethink your playstyle
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #250928

I was said lizard. I apologized after whacking him because I was trying to clean all the fucking engravings people keep leaving everywhere. Spacing a chaplains holy weapon that early in the round without knowing if there a cult or not is kinda a shit thing to do. Welding them outside of an airlock is even worse. What if you were attacked by a traitor while I was coming back? What if a piece of space debris gibbed me?

That said, I don't think he should eat a ban for it. It was just Talist greytiding a bit too hard. He did get me the staff back and healed me.

I propose the punishment be changed to this.

1. 12 hour ban
2. Write an in depth summary and analysis of the hentai he posted in ooc last night and post it in the cuck shed.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #250944

lollerderby wrote:i edited your post again this is kinda embarrassing tbh i should know how to forum by now
i agree with you that it was a shitty thing to do "for keks," but considering the facts that a) similar/worse has happened to me before with admins ruling "IC"
as i told you in-game, intent to heal vs leaving in the hallway is relevant when you might have reason to crit someone but not actually kill them, it's not IC if you had no/a shit reason
and as i've said earlier, far worse has happened to me and has been ruled as IC issue, this seems like a bit of a case of cherrypicking which i've been seeing a lot of from the admins recently and is frankly kind of assinine. since you seem to like pulling notes that dont have anything to do with the current application so much, allow me to do the same:

Sybil
HELP: Deitus/(Works-with-diligence) (?) (PP) (VV) (SM) (FLW) (TP) (REJT): so in the future, i can beat people up, strip them, and generally abuse them with impunity for no reason other than them being lizards. ill be sure to remember that.

during this particular round a doctor had said that lizards were banned from medbay. i needed a medkit, but when i went inside to grab one, i was batonned, beaten, stripped, shoved in disposals, and then later found again in the halls and shoved into a locker and nearly spaced. again, when i ahelped, it was ruled as an IC issue. how is what i did not one in comparison?
lollerderby wrote:
i am also fully aware of the volume of my notes, but i don't see how its relevant unless one of them refers to a situation similar to/the same as the conflict in question
you have tons of notes for griefing tbh i almost feel like i should have just permabanned you looking back on them

not including the numerous ones about spam and other various acts of shittery
Spoiler:
2015-01-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | ahammer18 [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 30 minutes - Killing somone because after being disarmed, after someone else shot the guy.
2015-04-12 00:00:00 | Sybil | tsaricide [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned from Clown - Slipping people trying to fight the blob, throwing peels in the hall near the rechargers.
2015-04-13 00:00:00 | Sybil | tsaricide [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 10080 minutes - Opened a canister of superheated gas on the escape shuttle killing almost everyone FNR.
2015-06-24 00:00:00 | Sybil | jordie0608 [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 4320 minutes - Sprayed space lube around as a non-antag, leading to the death of at least three others.
2016-01-09 18:31:02 | Sybil | bgobandit [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Warned -- graytiding, smashing up the brig windows FNR. "there was no point to the greytiding whatsoever and ill accept whatever punishment necessary for my actions"
2016-06-19 22:09:29 | Sybil | krusvik [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
(MANUAL BAN) Admitted to luring the Colossus to the station as non-antag. Killed over five people including a head, resulting in rev win. Owned up to it and accepted punishment. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)
2016-08-29 01:16:22 | Sybil | excessiveuseofcobby [Remove Note] [Secret] [Edit Note]
Banned for 1440 minutes - Throwing a fireaxe at a protected grille [as non-antag] in an attempt to save the clown from being detained. Ended up killing someone.
you've already been perma jobbanned this month as well, i honestly think you should take this time to rethink your playstyle
[/quote]

again, notes that are irrelevant to the situation and frankly lack a lot of context. for example, the disarm was literally my first time playing spacemen ever iirc and i didnt know shit; the superheated gas was in an oxygen container on board a decompressing escape shuttle, leading me to open it due to me thinking it actually had oxygen; lube leading to death was due to slaughterdemons which had only just appeared; and why is greytiding relevant at all, especially when i owned up to it and accepted the punishment with no excuse? furthermore, the perma jobban is literally a meme ban that is able to be appealed at any time, but once again apparently it has something to do with this particular appeal?

and i had already told you the issue had been resolved IC when i was still playing (forgiveness), but apparently it was rather conveniently ignored in favor of the ban; now you're saying its fine as long as i was forgiven?

rule one is important, but not when its used arbitrarily and as a cherrypicking method. the issue was resolved before the ban was applied, and bringing in other notes and events is entirely irrelevant. if you're going to use rule 1 as a reason to ban, then use it fairly, not as a catch-all.
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #250954

i lowered the ban as sweets suggested but i'm honestly regretting it at this point because what you have done and still continue to do is garbage and you don't really seem to realize it

i guess it doesn't really matter though because eventually you'll end up getting rule zero'd if you don't get a handle on yourself

this appeal is accepted i guess