Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

[excessiveuseofcobby] - basilman - assistant ban

Post by bman » #255952

Byond account and character name: basilman, goose mcswan

Banning admin: excessiveuseofcobby

Ban type (What are you banned from?): assistant jobban

Ban reason and length: Reason: "(MANUAL BAN) Raiding the armory FNR as non-antag assistant. Ended up validing someone while in there [despite raiding the armory themselves]. Raiding the armory as nonantag is NOT OK. The only reason this isn't longer is because he suicided at brig." 2 days

Your side of the story: so, me and fritz spark are active on the station, there's barely anything happening and we're bored as fuck so we wanna get in trouble and stuff i go to him and tell him "hey wanna go get guns" so i plan to do mission impossible to go into armory and then suicide as usual

we go to sec and there was already an engineer snooping around the place sus as fuck hacking into the armory and they ask "where's the hos gun or reflector vest" i dont remember it was something specific like that. i dont trust them so i crit em to check but they die so shucks.

we hit the armory and cj aj decides to flashbang me so i disabler him before suiciding with a shotgun blast.

why you think you should be unbanned: i can wait two days but im appealing this cause of our shitty notes system. i dont think what I did was really that bad all I did was break into the armory in order to suicide there.

that's hardly RAIDING the armory to be honest i went there for a fresh taste of shotgun lead and i got it, we also met 0 to no resistance cause there was 1 officer only so it's not like we gave sec a headache i returned all the shit anyways.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [excessiveuseofcobby] - basilman - assistant ban

Post by Cobby » #255980

I don't think I'm going to lower this so a headmin will have to overturn me.

Raiding the armory then validing someone because they asked for something that is in the armory [but is a traitor item] is dumb. If you really wanted to valid them, you have plenty of guns to disable the individual to search for any contraband but instead you chose to just outright kill them [again, after you yourself did something that would get you killed]. If you are going to pretend to be security and seek valids, I will happily uphold you to the expectations of security. I will say they were a traitor if that information is needed/wanted, but I don't think that excuses the behavior. There was nothing that tipped off them being a traitor except "hey where is the reflective".

As for the bored part, find something better to do. Raiding the armory FNR has typically been a no-no in terms of what we allow as acceptable non-antag behavior, and I don't see why that doesn't apply here. You only suicided once I began the ahelps and "hey wanna go get guns" doesn't really come off the same as "hey want to get killed", so I'm going to go based off of what was said and done at the time prior to my interference rather than go with the alleged intentions and actions done once I was involved.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #256054

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I don't think I'm going to lower this so a headmin will have to overturn me.

sure whatever

Raiding the armory then validing someone because they asked for something that is in the armory [but is a traitor item] is dumb.

critting someone that broke into sec in order to search them to check if they're actually a bad dude isnt (but bman you were doin the same th- just wait until later listen)

If you really wanted to valid them, you have plenty of guns to disable the individual to search for any contraband but instead you chose to just outright kill them

yeah i had plenty of (painful) shotgun shells, lasers, like 2 clips of energy guns not enough to keep someone down to do a full fucking search plenty of guns gobby

crit, not kill, if i wanted to disable them i'd spend my energy gun ammo and in the end i'd have to crit them still to keep them down so what's the point.

[again, after you yourself did something that would get you killed]

and i knew that full well, in fact, i went to the armory for the sake of trouble yeah. kill myself or get killed, hacking into the armory when you have nothing to do and then suiciding there is time honored

If you are going to pretend to be security and seek valids, I will happily uphold you to the expectations of security. I will say they were a traitor if that information is needed/wanted, but I don't think that excuses the behavior.

okay

There was nothing that tipped off them being a traitor except "hey where is the reflective".

that's not the only thing they did they were hacking airlocks and being extremely sure in fact they were unscrewdrivering airlocks behind them, critting them to check isnt bad now is it

As for the bored part, find something better to do. Raiding the armory FNR has typically been a no-no in terms of what we allow as acceptable non-antag behavior, and I don't see why that doesn't apply here. You only suicided once I began the ahelps and "hey wanna go get guns" doesn't really come off the same as "hey want to get killed"

i shot an officer that ran into armory to stop fritz with nonlethals AFTER you ahelped me, do you think i suicided to avoid a bannu if i'm gonna shoot the popo shortly before that. after you ahelped me, fritz wanted to get guns, i wanted to GO get guns, but i didnt want guns.

, so I'm going to go based off of what was said and done at the time prior to my interference rather than go with the alleged intentions and actions done once I was involved.
do you really think i'd have played as psuedo sec with the guns on a fucking empty station cobbyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

also if you still dont believe me it's not the first time i hack into armory just to suicide, i've done it before and im willing to search logs god knows how many months ago just to prove that im a good boi dindu nuffin :^(

im a free man free me
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #256968

I asked someone to resolve this but I think it's expired by now, if it isn't just ahelp it and the ban will be lifted prematurely [if it isn't me tell them to look at this thread].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #257240

To be fair; this was a dayban so it really did not need a headmin to intervene upon.

I will add that taking the armory as a non-antagonist is a grey area. Sure, you can do it but all it results in you taking a punishment. Using the weapons as a non-antagonist without a good reason will generally result in some form of action; which in this case Basilman killed someone on a flimsy reasoning as they asked for something that may be an objective or not. Thus they were banned for a day.
Freedom