Appeals which have been closed.
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

[bob_dobbington]vcordie

Post by vcordie » #260384

Byond account and character name: vcordie, and Kaff Eine
Banning admin: Bob_Dobbington
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Suicide bombed the shuttle as non-antag, to kill a violent traitor. 4200 minutes.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 9:47pm EST
Your side of the story: Heather Kelly had a phazon mech in the suit storage section of the shuttle. I ion carbined it to death. She was hiding in the suit storage unit. I open it. She has blood red hardsuit and .357 revolver, revolvers me into crit. I detonate my suicide bomb, killing her and 2 others.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Traitor was armed and exceptionally dangerous, and was killing me. 1.4 states that Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. I had reasonable prior cause. I had escalation. While the casaulties are unfortunate, it's not exactly like I let this bomb rip in the middle, populated area of the shuttle. If I had, the number of deaths would have been much higher. This was the small, isolated suit storage section. Finally, the other two people who died to my bomb after reviewing the public was the captain and someone already in crit due to being shot with a .357 revolver by the captain, which made me think the captain literally wasn't the captain, considering how many people he had shot with the .357 revolver already (at least three, or so i was told at the time).
tl;dr:
traitor has me in crit in suit storage section of shuttle after i destroy their mech. I detonate my suicide bomb, killing them, another traitor, and someone already in crit from the second traitor and was about to die anyways. had the fight taken place ANYWHERE other then the suit storage unit on meta which is seperated from the main compartment by 2 rwalls, I would not have detonated. But given the rwalls, I (correctly) figured that the radius would not damage the main compartment much and only the suit storage and bridge area would be affected, which both contained what i thought to be active traitors given the traitor equipment they were using ("captain" with a .357 revolver, heather with a .357 revolver and blood red hardsuit)
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [bob_dobbington]vcordie

Post by BeeSting12 » #260392

You killed innocent people, you can't just kill innocents on your path to valids. You also caused several more deaths due to the depressurization.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #260393

for public benefit

>non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists,

means you can dick over antags as a non-antag but it doesn't mean you can dick over innocent bystanders in the process. Quoting this is a legitimate defense to make but not valid in this case.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #260397

To sum up the conversation we had in supportbus, you can't maxcap the escape shuttle as non-antagonist to kill an antag. I understand that there was no other practical way to kill the antag. You still knocked out like a quarter of the escape shuttle and killed an innocent bystander. This was a bad decision. The fact that you're continuing to try to defend that decision makes me very concerned that you're not getting the lesson the ban was intended to impart. There is a limit to how far you can fuck over other players/the station in an attempt to stop an antagonist and you went over it. I feel like a three day vacation is pretty mild compared to what I've seen admins hand out in the past for nonantag shuttlebombing, which was typically like a weekban if I recall correctly. I'm going to deny this. Headmins are, as always, free to review this decision.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #260418

Blowing up the shuttle for this is not a smart move. Don't have much to add here since it was covered by the other posters. This appeal is denied.
HeatherK
Byond Username: Odhisius

Post by HeatherK » #260421

To add my two cents. I was not an antagonist. I just looted the cargo bay after someone emagged it. Same way the captain and many others had cool syndicate toys.