[Blackiwhat] Chane Laforet - Secban Request

Post by Eaglendia » #42562

Your byond account: Eaglendia
Your character name: Millian MacTavish
Their character name: Chane Laforet
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Blackiwhat
Server and time: Sibyl, a few hours ago
Logs and/or screenshots:

As a patrol officer, Chane followed a doctor into a completely normal Medbay just a few minutes after round start, yelling about how people were acting "suspicious". She waited outside the door to Chemistry, while I (the CMO) was working on making Hyronalin to deliver to Genetics, and ordered the AI to open it. Upon entry, she tasered me without warning and somehow failed to detain me. This led to a chase around Medbay as I attempted to explain myself and ask for help, during which she followed me about, spraying pepper spray randomly in an attempt to prevent my escape.

Her taser ran out at some point, and she switched to a stun baton; I promptly disarmed her, stunned her with it, and stuffed her into a cryo tank, at which point she began yelling "CMO ROGUE" over comms (I was on Disarm intent for the duration, and deliberately avoided causing any actual damage to anyone). At this point, the Head of Security, several other officers, a cyborg, and the Captain had all arrived in Medbay; I allowed myself to be arrested, and was taken to the brig and sentenced for petty theft after being harmbatonned and kicked a little more by Chane.

I'm not upset with what happened, as I do have a tendency to overreact to being arrested as nontag; in my years on /tg/station I can no longer count the number of times officers have walked into my department and ended otherwise enjoyable rounds based on random guesses (the fact that it's not the place of a random officer to browbeat a head of staff under no suspicion is a different discussion entirely). The scenario was resolved mostly IC, and I'm aware things were handled in adminhelp shortly afterward; I'm just not sure what sort of precedent is set by someone playing Security whilst admittedly "going out of their way to be shit", beating up prisoners, and later randomly popping off Syndicate minibombs. I'd like to know what someone else thinks.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
Blackiwhat

Re: [Blackiwhat] Chane Laforet - Secban Request

Post by Blackiwhat » #42574

As a patrol officer, Chane followed a doctor into a completely normal Medbay just a few minutes after round start, yelling about how people were acting "suspicious".

i never said you guys were acting suspicious, it was just Code Blue and I play as a mega-hitler-shit Sec Officer with this character, so I randomly searched everyone in Medical Bay.
She waited outside the door to Chemistry, while I (the CMO) was working on making Hyronalin to deliver to Genetics, and ordered the AI to open it. Upon entry, she tasered me without warning and somehow failed to detain me.
I failed to detain you because some metabuddy of yours saxx'd you away before I could drag you myself.
This led to a chase around Medbay as I attempted to explain myself and ask for help, during which she followed me about, spraying pepper spray randomly in an attempt to prevent my escape.
ftfy
Her taser ran out at some point, and she switched to a stun baton; I promptly disarmed her, stunned her with it, and stuffed her into a cryo tank, at which point she began yelling "CMO ROGUE" over comms (I was on Disarm intent for the duration, and deliberately avoided causing any actual damage to anyone).
congrats, you're a decent person. i wasn't at this time. good on you, shame on me.
At this point, the Head of Security, several other officers, a cyborg, and the Captain had all arrived in Medbay; I allowed myself to be arrested, and was taken to the brig and sentenced for petty theft
Along with me being brigged by my fellow officers - isn't this punishment enough?
after being harmbatonned and kicked a little more by Chane.
You ran off as I was brigging you myself and rushed into the armory. I don't let people pull that shit and get away with it. You also insulted my character (arr pee) several times.
I'm not upset with what happened, as I do have a tendency to overreact to being arrested as nontag; in my years on /tg/station I can no longer count the number of times officers have walked into my department and ended otherwise enjoyable rounds based on random guesses (the fact that it's not the place of a random officer to browbeat a head of staff under no suspicion is a different discussion entirely).
i understand your anger, fuck, man, i don't blame you, no disrespect here. i get pissed off about much more trivial shit - this is normal. Also, it is my place to browbeat a head of staff that's not my boss. There was no suspicion, I'll admit.
later randomly popping off Syndicate minibombs. I'd like to know what someone else thinks.
in an isolated spot to kill myself to atone for my sins (and because i was pretty sure security was taken over by changelings and it was way too confusing for my incompetent ass to handle). no one else was harmed and the hull breach was quickly patched up.

Sorry for sounding really passive-aggressive - I just don't think this whole situation deserves to be FNR'd. If anything, you should be glad that the other officers struck down my shittery every time it occurred - I tried randomly searching some greyshirt, so the detective shot me, stripped me naked, and tossed me in a brig cell. Feel free to call me a shitler in OOC. I deserve it for what I did to you.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #42576

Why did you try and arrest the CMO in the first place, Saintish?
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Blackiwhat

Post by Blackiwhat » #42588

Ikarrus wrote:Why did you try and arrest the CMO in the first place, Saintish?
I didn't try to arrest them initially - I was just searching them, until their friend decided to drag them away and they assaulted me. As for the search: Code Blue and they were givin' me the wrong looks.
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #42604

Fellow officer here. I had to arrest Chane for beating the CMO after they were already in a cell. Later I found them running through the halls in full riot gear searching people off the arrivals shuttle.
Blackiwhat

Post by Blackiwhat » #42670

WeeYakk wrote:Fellow officer here. I had to arrest Chane for beating the CMO after they were already in a cell. Later I found them running through the halls in full riot gear searching people off the arrivals shuttle.
Well, that's it, folks, this thread has devolved to outright hyperbole. Kicking the CMO once for resisting arrest twice, screaming various equivalents of 'shitcurity', making a mad dash for the armory, and insulting me isn't 'beating them.' You then gave me a 4 minute sentence and, iirc, decreased theirs.

Later, I was shot with a revolver by the detective because I was searching some doctor that refused to be initially. The detective dragged me off to a cell, stripped me naked, and I lay there for eight minutes while he argued with the Head of Security. When I was released, he shot me with a brute round. You don't see me FNR'ing him, do you?

The HOS gave me the riot gear for some special mission - it's not like I requested it.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #42821

This guy (chane) in riot gear literally took someone's backpack off just to search it, and then stole the insulated gloves that were inside. After I said "Hey, you stole those!" chane said "so what faggot?" or something. Seriously awful sec behavior. I'm fairly certain this is the same round, if this is the round where the mime was lube-grenading. He took Molly Prechtl's backpack off and looted her gloves FNR, total bullshit shitcurity.

I'm only 90% sure it was chane though, the name sounds familiar, but it was a weirdly androgynous name like that so you'd have to look up the logs.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Blackiwhat

Post by Blackiwhat » #42827

Hi guys feel free to jobban me from Sec. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I'm now convinced that I really am as shit as people say I am (excusing this one round where I was extra-shit for the hell of it). I'd rather not take up the job slot.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #43089

Then don't pick security #wow #whoa

Watch how other people successfully play sec and return to it some other time instead of just giving up.

This thread makes me more depressed than anything, if someone thought that being shit as sec is 'normal' we obviously have another security identity crisis on our hands...
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Blackiwhat

Post by Blackiwhat » #43117

paprika wrote:Then don't pick security #wow #whoa

Watch how other people successfully play sec and return to it some other time instead of just giving up.

This thread makes me more depressed than anything, if someone thought that being shit as sec is 'normal' we obviously have another security identity crisis on our hands...
This was literally the only round I've ever acted like this as Sec though.
LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

Chane Laforet

Post by LNGLY » #43729

I wrote up a jobban request too but here's somebody else's so I'll put it here

Approximately 3:00 PM EST, November 10.

Early in the round, there's a commotion in medbay. Apparently a security guard came in and decided to taze and search the CMO. I was not there for the actual arrest, so I don't know why, but based on the words of the medics I'd say it was random or that these two players had some grudge - I remember someone saying "I think he has it out for her" (referring to the security guard, Chane Laforet) when some folks were talking about why the CMO was arrested.

Anyway, cut to the part I did see. Chane is dragging the CMO through the halls and beating her with the stunstick on harm occasionally. When they get to the brig, he buckles her into the bed and says she stole something. I ask him repeatedly what she stole. Someone says 'nothing, apparently', having searched her. Chane harmbatons her some more at some point in this exchange but I forget exactly when. I leave, feeling it's not my place to worry about whether sec is doing its job properly - that'd be the HoS. After a while I glance back in and Chane has been arrested and placed in a cell and the CMO is free, getting her stuff back.

I have logs of none of this because of BYOND's text field limit, but the staff team does.

Jump forward to the part where I do have logs, of things that produce text anyway.

[Security] Kairan Swaggington hisses, "s-s-s-ss. Temple s-s-s-sset for arres-s-s-sst"
[Security] Luke Cox asks, "Should we apprehend Misted Bait?"
[Security] Mckenna Fraser says, "Yes, and Shirley Temple. Search and question both."
[Security] Chane Laforet says, "Yes."
[Security] Chane Laforet says, "Permabrig them."
[Security] Mckenna Fraser says, "What... no, not necessarily a permabrig"
[Security] Hope Semenovski says, "We need further evidence for that
[Security] Vera Grechko says, "Between that and beating prisoners Chane is lookin' real shitcurity."
[Security] Mekhi Anderson says, "Chane, better stop"
[Security] Chane Laforet says, "You dare talk like that to me, chauvinist swine? I'll have you know I was recently promoted by the HOS herself."
[Security] Chane Laforet says, "HOS, you whore, get over to the HOP line and confirm my promotion."
[Security] Mekhi Anderson says, "I doubt the hos approves of your shit."
[Security] Derrick Cobb says, "Do not confirm promotions for Chane, please."
[Security] Vera Grechko says, "Seconding that."
[Security] Mekhi Anderson says, "HoS you can't be serious."
[Security] Mckenna Fraser says, "I am gay"
[Security] Luke Cox asks, "HoS, is this true?"
[Security] Hope Semenovski says, "Hes promoted to investigate criminal areas, so he needs access"
[Security] Vera Grechko asks, "Why is Chane in full riot gear?"
[Security] Chane Laforet says, "The HOS gave it to me."
[Security] Mekhi Anderson says, "HoS what the fuck are you doing passing out armory shit"
[Security] Hope Semenovski says, "He needed it for his mission. Its a one man job where he stake his life guys"

Time-forward. I spot Chane in the halls with an injured medic. Chane is standing over her with a stun baton.

Molly Prechtl stammers, "Ow-w!"
Chane Laforet tries to remove Molly Prechtl's medical satchel.
Chane Laforet puts the stunbaton into the security backpack.
Molly Prechtl exclaims, "What did I do!"
Mckenna Fraser (this is me) says, "Why are you arresting her"
(he says nothing and pulls her away)
You fire the pulse rifle!
Chane Laforet is hit by a bullet in the head!
Mckenna Fraser is trying to put handcuffs on Chane Laforet!
(I pull him toward the brig)
[Common] Chane Laforet exclaims, "DETECTIVE IS ROGUE!"
(again) [Common] Chane Laforet exclaims, "DETECTIVE IS ROGUE!"
[Common] Mckenna Fraser says, "Shut up"
[Common] Mckenna Fraser says, "You fucktard"
[Common] Chane Laforet exclaims, "DETECTIVE JUST FUCKIN' SHOT ME!"
(We arrive at the brig and I explain that happened to the warden, I'll save the logs as you just read what happened)
(I'm now stripping Chane in a cell and the HoS shows up, also BlessedHeretic PMs me)
Chane Laforet exclaims, "I STUNNED THEM FOR FLEEING ARREST AND REFUSING TO BE SEARCHED!"
Chane Laforet exclaims, "DETECTIVE!"
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Hey I got a question for you if you have the time.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
PM to-Admins: sure
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Why exactly did you just arrest a security guard for searching people during code blue?
(as we're speaking, the HoS uncuffs Chane and gives him his things back)
PM to-Admins: because he did this same thing to the CMO and was earlier advocating that we permabrig two people for funzies
PM to-Admins: he's going around searching random people and brigging them when they go 'uh hey don't do that randomly ok'
PM to-Admins: also appears to be metafriends with the HoS who promoted him for no reason while the entire sec team complained
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Code blue is literally search people at will mode, arresting an officer for doing their job is kind of shit. If he had tried to cuff and drag people to sec for no reason i'd see a problem though.
(while we're talking, Chane walks over to me with a riot shotgun out and I stun him with my revolver then go hide in a locker at escape)
You fire the pulse rifle!
Chane Laforet is hit by a bullet in the head!
PM to-Admins: uh that's what he was doing
PM to-Admins: he was arresting random people for 'refusing a search' because they moved during it
PM to-Admins: the cmo experienced this, ask her
PM to-Admins: do you mind giving me the ooc names of the HOS and Chane
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: At round end maybe. Currently due to investigation i'd rather remain unbaised with rumors.
Click on the administrator's name to reply. (What the fuck does this mean)
PM to-Admins: what
PM to-Admins: this has nothing to do with ic in ooc, it's a simple request
PM to-Admins: do you have some ulterior motive for refusing it
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Asking sticky if i'm even allowed to do it.
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Jack Steiner) (JMP): Absolutely not
PM to-Admins: will somebody who isn't blessedheretic please give me the ooc names of Chane Laforet and Hope Semenovski
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: What reason would you need them for?
PM to-Admins: i want to make a metagaming report
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: So a ban request, correct?
PM to-Admins: i don't know
PM to-Admins: i'd just like to document the happenings of this round for the communtiy to see
PM to-Admins: if it ends in a ban that's cool too
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: Here is a place to complain about it https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=20
PM to-Admins: i didn't ask for that
PM to-Admins: i want the names of the two dudes metagaming
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: Well if you make a request I can give you those names
PM to-Admins: why do you need me to make a request first
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: Im not saying I want you to make a request first, I am just saying that is the place to do it
PM to-Admins: i am asking you for something very simple
PM to-Admins: not advice
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: You are going to make a request with the use of these names right?
PM to-Admins: i just want the names of the two folks
PM to-Admins: probably yes
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: Okay cool, then yes I can get you those names. One second please.
Admin PM from-Tedward1337: Blackiwhat = Chane Laforet. Gimzelock = Hope Semenovski

Then I go to write this.

After a while Chane finds me in the locker and starts harmbatonning/punching me. This persists until I'm nearly crit (deep red), then the mime slips him with a space lube grenade and somebody drags me away.

Mckenna Fraser has been beaten in the chest with the stunbaton by Chane Laforet!
Mckenna Fraser has been stunned with the stunbaton by Chane Laforet!
Mckenna Fraser has been beaten in the chest with the stunbaton by Chane Laforet!
Mckenna Fraser has been stunned with the stunbaton by Chane Laforet!
Chane Laforet puts the stunbaton into the security backpack.
Chane Laforet has kicked Mckenna Fraser!
Chane Laforet has weakened Mckenna Fraser!
Chane Laforet has grabbed Mckenna Fraser passively!
Chane Laforet has grabbed Mckenna Fraser aggressively (now hands)!
(he moves and slips)

I adminhelp that Chane is murdering me with a harmbaton mid this happening. Apparently nothing happens to Chane unless he was just talked to, and no one replies to my adminhelp. Later in the round Chane says this in deadchat:

DEAD: Chane Laforet says, "I couldn't handle the confusion and the mere thought of being a lizard was repulsive, so I took some of the syndicate minibombs I'd accumulated via my random searches and blew myself up. i'm probably gonna get banned now - i really had no idea the minibomb would do hull damage. i thought it would just gib me." Nothing happens to Chane and he's still happily playing next round. Confesses that it was all a clever ruse in OOC:

OOC: Blackiwhat: as Chane, i went out of my way to be shit

CMO speaks in the following round:

Eaglendia: Blackiwhat: Don't even act like that was somehow my bad when you bust in two minutes after roundstart yelling "suspicious" at a normal medbay.

So, there it is.

Bonus comedy exchange:

Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: Got another question, why did you shoot the detained security guard with a pulse rifle slug from a shotgun?
PM to-Admins: that was my revolver
PM to-Admins: which is called pulse rifle
Blackiwhat

Re: Chane Laforet

Post by Blackiwhat » #43832

oh come on do i really have to explain why your complaints are bullshit and one-sided a second time?

Can forum mods see deleted posts? If so, just post the one from the last thread here, please.

either way my account (and the OP's) of the events in the other thread shows that your whole narrative here is bullshit

Mod Note
Blackiwhat wrote:There was no grudge - I randomly searched them, their buddy pulled them away from me and uncuffed them, they stole my stunbaton and yelled "SHITCURITY!", I arrested them. I never harmbatoned them until they decided to rush out of their cell and make a mad dash for the armory.

I'm also not metafriends with the HOS - and sorry if I beat you up, but you shouldn't have shot me twice, interrupted a search of a (actually suspicious this time) crewmember, detained me, stripped me naked, and ran away. All as a detective, too. Not in that order, of course.
Last edited by Jordie0608 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting deleted post
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #47116

You don't go around arresting people for literally no reason just to do wordless search. Your behavior during and after this incident is unacceptable.

Permanent Jobban issued on request. Not to be lifted any time soon, however.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?