Requests which have been closed
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Alisa Selezneva - Killbaiting resulting in Gibbing

Post by Phalanx300 » #57617

Your byond account: Phalanx300
Your character name: John Esker
Their character name: Alisa Selezneva
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): RumyanyPirozhok
Server and time: Sybil, between 23:00 and 23:30 GMT +1, 10-01-2015
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:

Was playing some blackjack with the RD at the bar, after that went to a table and went afk for a sec only to hear a annoying sound and see the following text:

Alisa Selezneva has HONKED John Esker in the chest with the rubber ducky!
Alisa Selezneva has HONKED John Esker in the head with the rubber ducky!
Alisa Selezneva has HONKED John Esker in the head with the rubber ducky!

At this point I realise something annoying is happening and see the giant red text and retaliate. I punch her and once she realises I do that she runs to the kitchen airlock as we stare at eachother. Following that she trows something at me, provoking me to follow her in the kitchen. In the kitchen there is a second chef and together they beat me up and trow me into disposals, forcing me to visit the medbay to heal, after having some trouble leaving cargo. After getting healed I return to the kitchen to find her, grabbing up a knife laying in the kitchen. She isn't there so I ask the other chef where she is, he says he doesn't know and approach me with his knife. Fight breaks out and I leave while he is knocked unconcious by a lucky hit. Manage to find her in the hallway near escape so a fight breaks out, she runs back to the kitchen hallway and stabs the crap out of me with the bartender who sets me on fire. Leading to my death. She then trows me on the tables at the kitchen and pulls me towards the gibber before gibbing me.

Why they should be banned:

She was provoking a fight and I accepted. That I died because of those IC actions I have no problems with, in fact I think things like that enjoy the gameplay experience for both because its just some random fun. However gibbing me was something I feel was unneeded as it essentially removed me from the round, after what seems like baiting out a fight. I've found it weird how she didn't just leave my body for the medics to take me away (or roboticists to get borged even).
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Alisa Selezneva - Killbaiting resulting in Gibbing

Post by cedarbridge » #57620

Phalanx300 wrote:snip
The escalation here was yours, as I explained when you ahelped in the first place. They honked you with a duck. You escalated to violence. They attempted to leave, you chased. They threw you into disposals for fighting in the kitchen, you healed up and escalated again by attacking with a knife. You attacked TWICE in the kitchen once with a weapon and then were surprised when they gibbed you. This wasn't killbaiting, this was a stupid fight over a duck. They didn't gib you because you attacked them for honking. They didn't even gib you for chasing them into the kitchen. They gibbed you because after fighting them once, you came back and went at them with a knife.
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #57621

cedarbridge wrote:
The escalation here was yours, as I explained when you ahelped in the first place. They honked you with a duck. You escalated to violence. They attempted to leave, you chased. They threw you into disposals for fighting in the kitchen, you healed up and escalated again by attacking with a knife. You attacked TWICE in the kitchen once with a weapon and then were surprised when they gibbed you. This wasn't killbaiting, this was a stupid fight over a duck. They didn't gib you because you attacked them for honking. They didn't even gib you for chasing them into the kitchen. They gibbed you because after fighting them once, you came back and went at them with a knife.
I already explained how I was baited into a fight, which I explained when I ahelped and discussed the matter with you. Also I was killed in the hallways, after which she brought my body to the gibber. Removing out of the round does not equal killing in this game, its far worse.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #57624

Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
I already explained how I was baited into a fight, which I explained when I ahelped and discussed the matter with you. Also I was killed in the hallways, after which she brought my body to the gibber. Removing out of the round does not equal killing in this game, its far worse.
You were "baited" into a fight over a duck. Which you lost in the kitchen and got disposaled. After this you decided to double down and started hunting them around the station. You were not "baited" into starting a blood hunt and not "baited" into going at them with a knife.
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #57627

cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
You were "baited" into a fight over a duck. Which you lost in the kitchen and got disposaled. After this you decided to double down and started hunting them around the station. You were not "baited" into starting a blood hunt and not "baited" into going at them with a knife.
So getting harassed does not mean trying to provoke a fight? And trowing stuff at people after harassing them also is not provoking? Then I wonder, what does constitute provoking according to you?

Also what are your thoughts on killing as opposed to the actual gibbing?

And I'd love to see some views of other admins on the case.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #57633

Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
So getting harassed does not mean trying to provoke a fight? And trowing stuff at people after harassing them also is not provoking? Then I wonder, what does constitute provoking according to you?

You made one fight into two fights and you're using having lost the first fight to justify going back for the second. Except you're upset that they gibbed you instead of bringing you back for round 3.
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #57634

cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

You made one fight into two fights and you're using having lost the first fight to justify going back for the second. Except you're upset that they gibbed you instead of bringing you back for round 3.
An awefull lot of assumptions. So essentially its ok if you provoke a fight as long as you kill someone fast? And its ok to gib someone provided you won the fight? Also you didn't answer my questions instead giving a random answer to my post.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #57635

Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

An awefull lot of assumptions. So essentially its ok if you provoke a fight as long as you kill someone fast? And its ok to gib someone provided you won the fight? Also you didn't answer my questions instead giving a random answer to my post.
There's nothing random there. I explained your progression and how it shows you in the scheme of things.

I'm curious how you're reading this (or if you're just looking to disagree for the sake of it.) I already said they provoked the first fight. Which you escalated and ultimately lost. It should have ended there. Instead you decided to take it to the next level and they decided to end it.

I'm not really sure what your question wants anyway. Do you want a list of things that are "provoking" or what? Is everything that "provokes" you a reason to jump straight to violence? Would we even be having this conversation if you'd killed them and not been killed instead?
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #57637

cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

There's nothing random there. I explained your progression and how it shows you in the scheme of things.

I'm curious how you're reading this (or if you're just looking to disagree for the sake of it.) I already said they provoked the first fight. Which you escalated and ultimately lost. It should have ended there. Instead you decided to take it to the next level and they decided to end it.

I'm not really sure what your question wants anyway. Do you want a list of things that are "provoking" or what? Is everything that "provokes" you a reason to jump straight to violence? Would we even be having this conversation if you'd killed them and not been killed instead?
You gave me your view on the ordeal which is not how I've personally experienced it. Thats also why I asked for another admin to give their second opinion on the matter. I'd also like to see any lines she said in PMs to you, to see how she felt the whole thing.

She started it, and escalated it by trowing something at me while we were staring at eachother if you've read my OP.

I never kill people in IC fights, and when I do I make sure they get cloned. I don't remove those I've lured into a fight from the game entirely. Which you are saying is ok, so is it really ok?
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #57684

I support Cedarbridge, you came after this person multiple times, the second time with a lethal weapon. Your victim was at that point exasperated and you left them little choice. They could have inferred from your behavior that you would have come back for more after being cloned.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #57834

Ahammer18 wrote:I support Cedarbridge, you came after this person multiple times, the second time with a lethal weapon. Your victim was at that point exasperated and you left them little choice. They could have inferred from your behavior that you would have come back for more after being cloned.
They could get security involved, they could let my body stay there to be cloned or even to be borged so assuming such worries are misplaced. Again we're not talking about getting killed but getting removed out of the round. Also regarding lethal weapons, they started with the knives first as explained in by OP (right before they trew me down disposals), forcing me to also resort to such weapons.

Essentially I want a clear answer whether it ok to gib someone which you've provoked to a fight in the first place. Just seems like a incredible dick move to me.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #59297

Honking someone with a duck isn't provoking them to a fight in the first place.
It doesn't do any damage. You punched them and they ran off. GG you won.

Should've ended there but you didn't let it. You got gibbed for persistently attacking people who were then just hanging out in their own department.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: