Byond Username: Stapler2025

Jobban Request: DarkNightSin

Post by Jeb » #58090

Your byond account: Stapler2025

Your character name: Jebediah Kerman

Their character name: Brucie 'Q' Lear

Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): DarkNightSin

Server and time: Round ended 5:45ish PM mountain time

Logs and/or screenshots: Unavailable due to game crash, apparently need to make a new log each round because people are shit

Description of what happened: Brucie was playing as the HoP this round, I had asked for the usual access changes so that I can build my autism fort when someone uploaded a telecoms script to show job names on radio. Cool - I had a custom job title and wanted to update it on telecoms, had the CE let me in for a bit but he had to go so he gave me a stamped paper allowing me into telecoms.

HoP dicked up the access and only gave me front door access, so I went back and told him to do it right. CE standing right next to me in the line authorized it because the control room apparently requires CE level access to enter...go back to the control room and still can't get in so I call the HoP inept at his job over the radio and get the AI to let me in.

So here I am sitting at the console uploading the modified code to show my job as Lizard, the HoP comes in and starts checking on me (which means he probably had all access since he could get into said control room that I could not). He comes and goes a few times, always checking to see what I'm doing and in fact messing me up a few times by refreshing the code window.

I respond to this by setting his job to display as Rude over telecoms. Nothing more than that, I just set his job to say Rude. He comes in demanding that I change it, which I ignore because the HoP is not my boss at that point, and the CE hadn't said a word over engineering radio about it. HoP opens the door to the control room (that I'm stuck in, because of him) and I take that opportunity to leave.

HoP responds to this by setting me to arrest, and having literally the entire security force chase me down, overstun me, flash me, etc. He cuffs me and drags me to his office (which has all of the security shutters closed) at which point he strips me of everything I'm wearing including my headset, demotes me from a department in which he has no control over, and throws me outside with random clothes that were in his office. He stole my insulated gloves, toolbelt, metal/glass/plasteel because "assistants aren't authorized to have those items".

He left me cuffed in the hallway, so I'm trying to uncuff myself a few times, which he responds with just walking by and repeatedly pepper spraying me FNR. I adminhelped the issue at this point.

Tsar answered, asked nothing more than "what job were you demoted from?" and never heard another word, as ends most adminhelp issues.

Fast foward quite some time, I'm trying to get security to arrest the HoP for abusing his authority, which they won't do of course. I disarm him and slash at him a couple times because "fuck him" at this point. I get arrested again, and the first thing out of the HoP's mouth is "perma".

Fast foward again after being brigged for 5 minutes, I eventually just say fuck this round and ghost out of my body before the shuttle arrives.

Why they should be banned: Powertripping HoP abusing his authority

OOC: DarkNightSin: just a reminder if i am the hop and give you everything you ask for and you are a dick to me for whatever reason, expect reciprocation.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Jeb

Re: Jobban Request: DarkNightSin

Post by Jeb » #58091

Will also note that Tsar did not reply to this adminhelp issue until I had ahelp'd again asking for the ckey of the HoP, at which point he said "well, it seems this is more an IC issue but here you go"

If security can't steal your crap when they brig you, the HoP can't steal your crap when he demotes you.
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #58124

I'll look into this in a few.

E: Alright, so most of this seems to have been IC up until the point he decided to misuse security by setting you to arrest and demote you for no tangible reason. I'm going to have him come say his side of things and we'll make a decision from there.

E2: Okay, I spoke with him on the server. It seems like the tcomms thing was a genuine mistake, he claims he wasn't certain what level of access was required for that door, so he was trying to do what he could for you. Past that, all I see is you being moderately rude to him about it, then getting demoted and eventually arrested for assaulting him.

IC issue, unless a headmin wants to chime in.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #58350

I concur with Vekter. Demotions are an IC issue, as unfortunate as this case may be. Taking engineering equipment from a demoted engineer makes total sense to me as well, and is something I wished happened more in demotions.

I will however need to speak to Tsaricide about being responsive when closing complaints, once I check with the admin logs.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #58373

Now, if he had been an engineer, it would be a different matter. However according to DNS, he was an assistant who wanted Engineering access. Means he's still under the HoP's department.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #58374

Except I was an engineer, will full engineering access and access that the CE had approved.

Job title was Construction Lizard, which falls under engineering.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #59299

When you changed his title in tcomms and refused to put it back what did you expect him to do?

Removing people's gear is supposed to be standard procedure for a demotion, so it can go back in the department it came from in case other people get promoted to do the job.

This is all IC. You pushed, he shoved. Nobody wound up murdered or otherwise removed from the round.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: