Jane West [Assistant] - Greytiding

Requests which have been closed
Vigilare

Jane West [Assistant] - Greytiding

Post by Vigilare » #60931

Your byond account: Vigilare
Your character name: Widens-his-Eyes (Detective - I've now retired this character 'cause Dannno's gonna metagrudge him)
Their character name: Jane West (Assistant)
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Dannno
Server and time: Badger, round ended ~21:45 GMT 20/01/2015
Logs and/or screenshots: I asked Sometinyprick for logs, but he didn't have them and the admin ones would need too much pruning.
Description of what happened: At the start of the round, the mime was caught with an esword and an emag and bombs in Engineering. Sec arrived, we did the taser thing, and Jane took the esword and ran off with it. (Tessa took the bombs and ran off with those, but that's something else entirely.) I asked her to give it back, she said no. (She also had a fire axe from God knows where. Atmos, Bridge or Vault - admins can probably check, but either way it's probably illegal) I asked her again, she said something along the lines of 'suck it' and ran off. I told her over comms to give back the traitor's energy sword or I'd arrest her, and she said no (punctuated with more greytiding). At this point, I set her and Tessa (who was selling the bombs) to arrest. Skip some forward, much of the same; Jane's running around evading Sec with a stolen energy sword, Tessa's deconstructed all the tables in my office and hacked the door open (which I said I'd electropack torture her for - not quite harm, hey there borg), and Ty's disarmed me in a maint chase with Tessa and let her go free.
(criminals count: IV)
Skip forward some more, Jane gets into the Armory somehow, and takes a taser. I don't even know, I was occupied with running up and down maint halls trying to recover evidence. I catch her in the hallways, and suddenly I find myself tased. And cuffed. And stripped - my radio first. I ahelp at this point, and funny-lookin' ockenick double brackets tell her so. Yeah, she doesn't care. And boom, now I'm in permabrig. She lets Ty out at this point (who I'd stuck in there earlier for helping Tessa escape), using my ID. I walk the newbie Sec Officer there through how to take off my cuffs ('you have to unbuckle me from the bed', 'OOC: to uncuff someone...' etc). I explain to newbie!Sec (who, despite his inexperience, was actually pretty cool) that Jane was a criminal - which I'd been shouting at him all the time while he watched Jane perma me - and something goes 'click' in there. We gear up and go hunting for Jane and Tessa. (We later find Tessa and - after ahelping - I execute her out of sight of the borg.)

So after a few fights with Jane, her using chaplain-smokebombs (which is really only good for greytiders anyway but eh) and us dropping our tasers and being cuffed constantly, the shuttle arrives. She's already on by the time we get here, and has locked herself in the Shuttle Bridge, laughing at us. Starlight (the borg) turns up, door's opened, and the Sec and I, as well as the CMO, storm in and get her. She escapes, quick run-around, I call for a flashbang and BANG

We drag her to the Shuttle Brig, and apply justice. It was quite cathartic, but I used most of my egun on disable so the borg didn't think we were actually executing her.
(we were)

Note: I think she might've killed Juniper (who was trying to help Sec, I think) in Escape, as the fire axe was there. Not sure, though, as I only arrived to find the body and Jane running away.

Why they should be banned: Greytiding. It may be robust greytiding, but that's still what it is. She wasn't an antag, and it stopped being an IC matter when she fought back against Sec trying to take her illegal weapon !!sooper kewl esord trofy of wor!!. This isn't the first time Dannno's done this, either - in fact, they're the main reason I don't play Warden any more. Other greytidings !!legitimut complaynts agoonst shicurity!! include breaking into the Cap's Office at roundstart and fighting Sec responders (as non-antag), trying to release spiders all over Science (as non-antag), breaking into the Armory and killing the Warden 4nr (as non-antag), breaking into the Armory and brigging the Warden 4nr (a separate round to the last !!legitimut complaynt!!, non-antag) and... I think that's all the ones I remember.
Image Image Image
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Jane West [Assistant] - Greytiding

Post by Gamarr » #60943

The whole thing was awful. I'd like to say it would not have happened if the non-security persons had just turned over the known syndicate gear when REQUESTED by the detective. Just because you killed the traitor doesn't mean you get to keep it if sec knows about it and wants it off you. You keep it, you get whats coming. This goes doubly for really dangerous shit like Energy Swords and Explosives.

The situation was exacerbated by Jane somehow having all access at that point, releasing Ty and then leaving the detective in his perma. Part of the problem is stemming from the 2 assistants (Jane and Tessa) who seen no wrong with keeping the illegal items and snubbing one of the 2-3 security personnel.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60944

I'll check logs right now, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #60945

Spoiler:
oh boy my first ban req and look who it is
this ban request a joke that was already handled by an admin
Vigilare wrote: Description of what happened: At the start of the round, the mime was caught with an esword and an emag and bombs in Engineering. Sec arrived, we did the taser thing, and Jane took the esword and ran off with it.
Lie. Me and a few other people, Tessa and Walter and a few others I don't recall had taken down the mime before Vigilare arrived. I took the sword away from the mime because it was a fucking esword why would I leave it with the mime who was killing people.
I asked her to give it back, she said no. (She also had a fire axe from God knows where. Atmos, Bridge or Vault - admins can probably check, but either way it's probably illegal)
IC issue. I'm not going to pretend I wasn't committing crime, but IC crime is an IC issue, confirmed by the admin at the time.
I asked her again, she said something along the lines of 'suck it' and ran off. I told her over comms to give back the traitor's energy sword or I'd arrest her, and she said no (punctuated with more greytiding).
Lie. I never said anything along the lines of "suck it", nor did I greytide. I exclusively hid from sec. I didn't even steal anything beyond the fire axe using my access (Until later.)
At this point, I set her and Tessa (who was selling the bombs) to arrest. Skip some forward, much of the same; Jane's running around evading Sec with a stolen energy sword, Tessa's deconstructed all the tables in my office and hacked the door open (which I said I'd electropack torture her for - not quite harm, hey there borg), and Ty's disarmed me in a maint chase with Tessa and let her go free.
I wasn't related to any of this. I wasn't "running around evading sec", I was in my maint home, chilling. Ty only ever said "RUN" and disarmed Vigilare ONCE, which they were put in SOLITARY for.
Skip forward some more, Jane gets into the Armory somehow, and takes a taser. I don't even know, I was occupied with running up and down maint halls trying to recover evidence. I catch her in the hallways, and suddenly I find myself tased. And cuffed. And stripped - my radio first. I ahelp at this point, and funny-lookin' ockenick double brackets tell her so.
This is the point where they kept yelling "[[stop i'm ahelping" ICly over, and over, and over. It was pretty funny.
I came to brig and took a taser from a locker so stun them so that I could free Ty, who had been put in solitary completely unreasonably (again, admin at the time talked to them about this). After the whole yelling "i'm ahelping" IC bullshit I left them in a perma cell in place of Ty, with a security guard with them, so it's not even like they were going to be left there.
So after a few fights with Jane, her using chaplain-smokebombs (which is really only good for greytiders anyway but eh)
this nigga
Note: I think she might've killed Juniper (who was trying to help Sec, I think) in Escape, as the fire axe was there. Not sure, though, as I only arrived to find the body and Jane running away.
I never killed Juniper, I don't even know what that would be based on
Why they should be banned: Greytiding. It may be robust greytiding, but that's still what it is. She wasn't an antag, and it stopped being an IC matter when she fought back against Sec trying to take her illegal weapon !!sooper kewl esord trofy of wor!!. This isn't the first time Dannno's done this, either - in fact, they're the main reason I don't play Warden any more. Other greytidings !!legitimut complaynts agoonst shicurity!!

Vigilare kept saying that I greytide "every round". I don't. I don't even get close to that.
I never actively fought back against security beyond the incident where I came to release Ty. I hid for most of the round and only ever tased the detective (Vigilare) when they were actively trying to hunt me down (Note; They had been talking over the radio about how they were going to torture the prisoners, like, only a short while after the original crime. She ended up killing Tessa, which is completely outside their authority.)
You don't play warden anymore because of the literal piles of players in ooc who begged you to stop playing warden anymore. Because you're awful security (I believe someone is actually making a ban request against Vigilare for this exact reason).
include breaking into the Cap's Office at roundstart and fighting Sec responders (as non-antag)
Besides the fact that both of these things are both baseless and vague, the first one isn't even against the rules. The fuck are you on.
The second one is completely generic nonsense that can't be backed by anything.
trying to release spiders all over Science (as non-antag)
This is a complete misrepresentation of a situation that happened and was resolved without their help at all. The captain had allowed me and the chef inside of science to breed spiders in Xenobio. Vigilare spent the entire round trying to get us out, yelling "I'M AFRAID OF SPIDERS". The captain later recinded the permission and let us out, and after I had walked out Vigilare chased me down with an egun and a flashbang and I retaliated. I had not retaliated at all up to that point.
breaking into the Armory and killing the Warden 4nr (as non-antag)
This is a complete lie. This has never happened. If it had, I wouldn't have a ban request, I would have a ban.

Overall, Vigilare is a big baby and this is garbage that was already thrown in the trash. I committed IC crime with full knowledge of it and there's nothing more to it.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60954

Danno, If you could supply the name of the warden at the time I could confirm the validity of your innocence, however:

Code: Select all

[16:09:11]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) shot Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) with The electrode</font>
[16:09:20]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) shot Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) with The electrode</font>
[16:09:25]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) handcuffed Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) </font>
[16:09:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of HUDSunglasses</font>
[16:09:42]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the security backpack</font>
[16:09:42]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the fedora</font>
[16:09:42]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the breath mask</font>
[16:09:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the security bowman headset</font>
[16:09:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the black gloves</font>
[16:09:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of Law One</font>
[16:09:45]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the laceup shoes</font>
[16:09:48]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the armored greatcoat</font>
[16:10:07]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the security belt</font>
[16:10:07]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the noir suit</font>
[16:33:05]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) shot Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) with The electrode</font>
[16:42:15]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) shot Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) with The electrode</font>
[16:42:22]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) handcuffed Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) </font>
[16:42:30]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) stripped Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) of the security bowman headset</font>
[16:43:37]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jane West(dannno) hit Widens-the-Eyes(vigilare) with The banana peel</font>
Please explain why you went so far as to completely strip Vigilare.

Also please explain what went on with you and Ty, why did you set him free as a non-antag?
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #60956

danno wrote:
Vigilare wrote: Description of what happened: At the start of the round, the mime was caught with an esword and an emag and bombs in Engineering. Sec arrived, we did the taser thing, and Jane took the esword and ran off with it.
Lie. Me and a few other people, Tessa and Walter and a few others I don't recall had taken down the mime before Vigilare arrived. I took the sword away from the mime because it was a fucking esword why would I leave it with the mime who was killing people.
that doesn't mean we didn't do the taser thing, it just means the mime was down by that point.
I asked her again, she said something along the lines of 'suck it' and ran off. I told her over comms to give back the traitor's energy sword or I'd arrest her, and she said no (punctuated with more greytiding).
Lie. I never said anything along the lines of "suck it", nor did I greytide. I exclusively hid from sec. I didn't even steal anything beyond the fire axe using my access (Until later.)
you definitely said something along those lines as you took the esword and ran off. logs are a thing.
At this point, I set her and Tessa (who was selling the bombs) to arrest. Skip some forward, much of the same; Jane's running around evading Sec with a stolen energy sword, Tessa's deconstructed all the tables in my office and hacked the door open (which I said I'd electropack torture her for - not quite harm, hey there borg), and Ty's disarmed me in a maint chase with Tessa and let her go free.
I wasn't related to any of this. I wasn't "running around evading sec", I was in my maint home, chilling. Ty only ever said "RUN" and disarmed Vigilare ONCE, which they were put in SOLITARY for.
> hiding in maintenance isn't evading sec
... yeah, you just keep believing that now.

Ty got stuck in perma for disarming me in the maint chase and telling Tessa to run before I caught her.
Skip forward some more, Jane gets into the Armory somehow, and takes a taser. I don't even know, I was occupied with running up and down maint halls trying to recover evidence. I catch her in the hallways, and suddenly I find myself tased. And cuffed. And stripped - my radio first. I ahelp at this point, and funny-lookin' ockenick double brackets tell her so.
This is the point where they kept yelling "[[stop i'm ahelping" ICly over, and over, and over. It was pretty funny.
I came to brig and took a taser from a locker so stun them so that I could free Ty, who had been put in solitary completely unreasonably (again, admin at the time talked to them about this). After the whole yelling "i'm ahelping" IC bullshit I left them in a perma cell in place of Ty, with a security guard with them, so it's not even like they were going to be left there.
yeah, I did say I was ahelping IC, gotta admit. which you ignored, and carried on permabrigging me.

I'm pretty sure leaving the Sec was an oversight (one that I used to get out), even so.
So after a few fights with Jane, her using chaplain-smokebombs (which is really only good for greytiders anyway but eh)
this nigga
check the logs, you used chaplain smokebombs.
I never killed Juniper, I don't even know what that would be based on
her dead body being found next to a fire axe in escape, where you had just been seen.. and you having had a fire axe...

Vigilare kept saying that I greytide "every round". I don't. I don't even get close to that.
alright, correction - every round that I've seen.
I never actively fought back against security beyond the incident where I came to release Ty
ahahah
you mean that time when you stole my taser near medbay/library and dragged me around in cuffs doesn't count?
I hid for most of the round and only ever tased the detective (Vigilare) when they were actively trying to hunt me down (Note; They had been talking over the radio about how they were going to torture the prisoners, like, only a short while after the original crime. She ended up killing Tessa, which is completely outside their authority.)
yeah, you didn't know that at the time and I ahelped it first, so... what were you saying again.
You don't play warden anymore because
because it's only a fun job when you don't get people like jane west in the round
include breaking into the Cap's Office at roundstart and fighting Sec responders (as non-antag)
Besides the fact that both of these things are both baseless and vague, the first one isn't even against the rules. The fuck are you on.
"i din du nuffin"
This is a complete misrepresentation of a situation that happened and was resolved without their help at all. The captain had allowed me and the chef inside of science to breed spiders in Xenobio. Vigilare spent the entire round trying to get us out, yelling "I'M AFRAID OF SPIDERS". The captain later recinded the permission and let us out, and after I had walked out Vigilare chased me down with an egun and a flashbang and I retaliated. I had not retaliated at all up to that point.
after I ordered you out of my lab and you resisted, I flashbanged you, you took my gun and lasered me into crit.. but that's a separate matter entirely
This is a complete lie. This has never happened. If it had, I wouldn't have a ban request, I would have a ban.
no, no, that happened. I remember. Julius Isaman, Warden, sitting at the desk eating donuts and watching the sec cams.

also last round the Sec's name began with an R, I think. and one was braindead from roundstart.
Image Image Image
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60958

It wasnt Julius Isaman, there is no name to that effect in the logs
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60962

Okay, as of right now it is looking like Danno didnt kill the warden, as I am finding next to no lethal behavior in the logs.

I'm still curious why (as a non-antag) you chose to dick with security, defy orders and free prisoners.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #60963

I play Ty Andrews, so I guess I ought to share my piece.

After the mime got arrested and people looted some loot, he escaped from an officer and I brought him back to the brig. I asked Widen for a pepper sprayer as a reward, but when they said I had to get the stolen esword and bombs too, I'll admit I got a little salty. So when Widens went to chase Tessa in maint, I tried to push her down in retaliation, so I disarmed them once and then ran away. A while later they catch me in maint and shoot me down and baton me, taking off my radio as well. Although my single disarm was shitty, I didn't think it deserved solitary in perma, but Widens figured different. I was in there for about 5 minutes until Jane managed to get their ID and let me go. After that I basically laid low since an admin started to BWOINK me about it all, and figured I might as well.
danno

Post by danno » #60965

Vigilare wrote: that doesn't mean we didn't do the taser thing, it just means the mime was down by that point.

you definitely said something along those lines as you took the esword and ran off. logs are a thing.
those things you haven't provided? yeah
Vigilare wrote: > hiding in maintenance isn't evading sec
... yeah, you just keep believing that now.
Never said that, I said I wasn't running around actively doing anything. I was in maint. Doing nothing.
Vigilare wrote: yeah, I did say I was ahelping IC, gotta admit. which you ignored, and carried on permabrigging me.
damn right I did after that shit
Vigilare wrote: I'm pretty sure leaving the Sec was an oversight (one that I used to get out), even so.
yeah, that was an "oversight" I was speaking to and explaining the situation to.
Vigilare wrote: check the logs, you used chaplain smokebombs.
i'm... not denying this??
Vigilare wrote: her dead body being found next to a fire axe in escape, where you had just been seen.. and you having had a fire axe...
She had a fire axe the ENTIRE round.
Vigilare wrote: alright, correction - every round that I've seen.
Utter nonsense. Most of our encounters with you as security were while I was ALSO security. My opinion of you as a security player comes mainly from working with you.
Vigilare wrote: ahahah
you mean that time when you stole my taser near medbay/library and dragged me around in cuffs doesn't count?
...That time way after I had freed Ty? Yeah, that doesn't count.
Vigilare wrote:
I hid for most of the round and only ever tased the detective (Vigilare) when they were actively trying to hunt me down (Note; They had been talking over the radio about how they were going to torture the prisoners, like, only a short while after the original crime. She ended up killing Tessa, which is completely outside their authority.)
yeah, you didn't know that at the time and I ahelped it first, so... what were you saying again.
How did I not know, you literally talked about it over public comms and I RESPONDED to it.
Vigilare wrote:
"i din du nuffin"
>shitposting your own ban req thread
Vigilare wrote:
after I ordered you out of my lab and you resisted, I flashbanged you, you took my gun and lasered me into crit.. but that's a separate matter entirely
A lie that Vigilare knows is a lie, because if it wasn't a lie, they would have fucking told an admin and we wouldn't BE here.
Vigilare wrote:
no, no, that happened. I remember. Julius Isaman, Warden, sitting at the desk eating donuts and watching the sec cams.
What is that supposed to mean to me
That sounds like shit every warden does.
Ahammer18 wrote:Okay, as of right now it is looking like Danno didnt kill the warden, as I am finding next to no lethal behavior in the logs.

I'm still curious why (as a non-antag) you chose to dick with security, defy orders and free prisoners.
Vigilare is talking about a separate (non-existant) round.
I didn't choose to dick with security. I possessed contraband, an IC crime, and hid for it. They came for me and I stunned them a couple times and used the smoke spell.
The "defying orders" bit is completely IC
and I explained why I freed Ty. They didn't DO anything to deserve being stripped and thrown in solitary.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #60967

(posting on 3DS, short)

julius/warden was from a different round; a comment on how this isn't the first time they've done it

this round had 3 sec
me, det
newbie sec, officer
braindead guy, officer

ty screamed about 'RUN TESSA' + disarmed --> fmpov aiding criminal --> perma. took radio in maint so others wouldn't interfere - later (shuttle eta ~5mins) told ty he was free

would've given ty pepperspray if he could get esword back; mime only escaped because newbiesec couldn't pin him down, cuff + brig

fyi I did ahelp xenbio/laser incident (Fayrik I think) but dropped it b/c I thought it was handled + you'd stop
Image Image Image
danno

Post by danno » #60969

There's a reason I didn't even get an IC punishment and even got a promotion during that xenobio round.
And it's still completely unrelated.
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60970

Im not seeing any graytiding here. Stripping you was shitty, but it doesnt warrant a ban.

Vigilare, on the other hand, please explain this:

Code: Select all

[16:07:49]SAY: Widens-the-Eyes/Vigilare : <i>I'm contacting Centcom.</i>
[16:09:20]SAY: Widens-the-Eyes/Vigilare : [[Ahel-lp-pin-ng-g.
[16:09:24]SAY: Widens-the-Eyes/Vigilare : [[s-s-ss-ss-st-to it-t f-for-r a s-ss-sec-con-nd.
[16:09:34]SAY: Widens-the-Eyes/Vigilare : [[I'm ahelping. ssstop it.
[16:09:46]SAY: Widens-the-Eyes/Vigilare : [[Ahelping. ssstop.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #60974

'contacting centcom' = writing ahelp
> still getting perma'd
not gonna say 'stop stripping me' ooc cause ickenock is worse than ockenick
> say it in ic in funny little square brackets so nobody cries icky

stripping was pretty shitty yeah
what about permaing me / tasing / even fighting back vs sec

relevant established policy = guncargo
ordering guns is a-ok but you can't stuncuffstrip sec when they try and confiscate
compare: jane's esword
Image Image Image
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #60976

>[[Ahelping. ssstop.

No greytide here. None that I can see. A headmin can overrule me if they want
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
danno

Post by danno » #60977

I've gone over this
I didn't stunstrip them because they came after me for the sword
I did it to release Ty, who had been permabrigged for an absolutely bullshit reason.
The most I ever did to "fight back against sec" was stun you. Other than that, I only ran in circles mashing smoke.

It's straight up embarrassing that I have to explain this over and over but they'll keep ignoring it and lying like an admin didn't just tell them that they went over the logs and saw none of it.
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #60980

I cannot corroborate some of what Jane has said, however I can confirm the round from my eyes went as:

For the record I was an Atmospheric technician not a assistant.

Mime emags Engineering. Intending to kill me. I disarm his minibomb and whisk it away. Stupid ass mime comes at us again, at this point it was Walter, myself and noel wailing on this mime who brings out yet another minibomb, which I disarm from him again and shove in my bag. Jane shows up after he pulls out a e-sword, she disarms him, then we all robust the shit out of him. Vigilare as Widens-the-eyes the DETECTIVE, at this point waltz in and tazercuffs the mime. He asks who had the sword, everyone says jane. He takes the mime away, I declare over the common channel that I had the two bombs the mime had. I sold one to lindsay for a Ushanka later on, however from this point on I have little interaction with Widens-the-eyes, just over the intercom refusing to hand them over as I was 'selling them'. I spend a while in Maintenance, and step out into the hallway, widens see me and I book it into maintenance, because he had declared he was going to harm and torture me over the common channel. I only hear Ty shouting for me to run, I didn't see what happened to Ty, but widens in his infinite unrobustness runs right past me. I hear that Widens has permenantly brigged Ty over the common channel a short while later. At this point I break into his detectives office and unwrench his tables, which is the only thing I did all round that could even be considered grief, widens sees me and I for some reason manage to just walk away.

Sometime later I hear Jane has brigged the Widens over the common channel. So i'm just chilling in the hallways and the chef comes at me with a bar of syndie soap and a fire extinguisher. Patricia is screaming he shot lindsay to death, cook still coming at me I robust him and he runs off, got his soap and ID so he can't get far. Chemist then pops up and sprays some shit in his face and melts his face off. A little while later I walk into medbay and grab the cook who had been restrained in a straight jacket. I bring him to the brig, after declaring I was bringing in a known murderer. They let me in, Widens is free, as I hadn't been zapped by beepsky at any point I assume i'm off arrest. They take the cook, then widens tazers me. Strips me to nothing, saying he didn't want me calling for help (I had already started Ahelping at this point but nobody answered me). He says something along the lines of I'm going to be executed. I ask the borg for help say that he was harming me, which he was, with pepper spray (three seperate times at this point despite being cuffed and restrained.). Either the borg was ignoring me and not following it's laws, or was subverted i'm not sure. It runs off. He starts monologuing about some authority to execute me, I for some bizarre reason manage to slip out my cuffs and try to book it, because who wouldn't when some detective tells you he is gonna execute me for and I paraphrase here "trashing his desk" as his only reason when I asked. He recaptures me, after a few yakketys. Then executes me, stuffs my body in a locker and that's it.

Then I speak with 'Administrator' who I assume was Gamarr, his name didn't show for whatever reason.

First you''l notice I mention he is only a detective. This is because he was, and never declared once he was a acting HoS. He had no authority to execute. Even if he was HoS or a captain, I could have been hardly considered a threat worthy of execution, having:

Never hurt anyone on the station.
Never griefed.
Never murdered.
Brought down two traitors.

The only things I was guilty of was holding contraband, and evading arrest. I never greytided, and for the very most of the shift had little to no interaction with Widens.

I'm going to bring up the rules here, because I feel the case was not handled properly.
Executions
Where possible, executions are to be authorized by, in order of availability; Captain/acting Captain → Head of Security → Warden.
Admin quoted to me that he had authority to execute as a detective, this is incorrect.
Security reserve the right to carry out executions, without authorization, in the case of potential significant risk or extraordinary circumstances.
I did not pose a significant risk to the crew or station. I never once harmed or threatened harm. Quite the contrary, bringing in one known murderer and joint helping bringing down the first tator.
The circumstances were not extraordinary, the station was not under threat from nuke ops, blobs, or otherwise.
When considering whether to authorize or carry out an execution, consideration should be made to the severity of the crime committed. There are varying degrees of syndicate collaboration, for example.
Severity of the crime was merely contraband. And deconstructing tables. None of which was worthy of execution. He did however permabrig the tator I brought in for murder, Ty for disarming him, and the mime for being a syndie. My crimes of having two pieces of contraband however were deemed worthy of a execution. I would have accepted a brig sentence, but execution is full on shitcurity. His execution was unjustified, and I will be raising it in a seperate FNR.

I also don't appreciate being accused of 'banbaiting' when fairly arguing my case to whoever 'Administrator' was.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #60983

the bomb-selling is like
some sort of 'distribution of illegal contraband' crime or something
running from sec is pretty bad IC
and the office thing was just /evil/

but probably not execution-worthy; by then I was tired of you and Jane constantly escaping (that 30+ minute manhunt) - in retrospect, execution was a bit much for you, sorry 'bout that

(the long monologue was so you could plead guilty or ahelp or something)

tldr executing tessa = IC fine (acting HoS, because there were literally only 2 of us)
= ooc a bit dickish, sorry
Image Image Image
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #60991

Vigilare wrote:the bomb-selling is like
some sort of 'distribution of illegal contraband' crime or something
running from sec is pretty bad IC
I ran from you twice, that's as far as our interaction went.
and the office thing was just /evil/
Unwrenching tables is not execution worthy.
but probably not execution-worthy; by then I was tired of you and Jane constantly escaping (that 30+ minute manhunt) - in retrospect, execution was a bit much for you, sorry 'bout that
Twice is hardly constantly, and you weren't actively chasing. I was neither aggressive nor threatening. I would have probably surrendered if you hadn't of shouted out you were going to torture me.
(the long monologue was so you could plead guilty or ahelp or something)
I did ahelp, if you think what you are doing is worthy of the other party ahelping you probably shouldn't be doing it.
tldr executing tessa = IC fine (acting HoS, because there were literally only 2 of us)
Was not fine, you didn't declare you were the HoS at any point, and you made your own authority up.
= ooc a bit dickish, sorry
You aren't sorry because you are still arguing otherwise.
danno

Post by danno » #60996

I was also "executed", although the circumstances under which it happened were chaotic. I still maintain that I posed 0 threat to anyone and was beaten to death out of spite more than anything. I wasn't fighting back or anything. Just using smoke. The second unlawful execution by the detective in that shift.

I forgot to mention the borg. While I was in crit and the detective was beating me to death, the borg didn't stop them, but instead dragged me into brig.
If it wasn't subverted (Very certain it wasn't) it was directly disobeying its laws more than once in favor of the detective.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #61001

when we finally got you in the shuttle brig, borg was on disarm - we had to push past it to carry out the execution, and it was flashing us (to no effect b/c sechud) after I pulled the egun
I told it back in the brig that you had an esword --> law 1, you're harmful, beep boop.

so nah the borg was fine

(but yes, your execution provided some nice catharsis to an otherwise despair-inducing round)
Image Image Image
danno

Post by danno » #61019

The esword that I wasn't using. That I might not even have had on me. You might as well have told it I had a laser cannon in my pocket.
Who was actually harming humans on the shuttle? You and your misinformed gang of lynchers.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #61252

the esword that at least four people saw you pick up. that you didn't hand in to sec when we asked you to. or told you to. the esword that, for all we know, you were planning to use on somebody, because eswords have literally no purpose other than hurting things

(don't say 'carp' or 'spiders' because 1. melee weapons suck against those enemies, and 2. there were no carp or spiders)

the fact that we had a 'misinformed gang of lynchers', as you put it, is quite telling

it means that a whole gang of people wanted to lynch you
Image Image Image
danno

Post by danno » #61258

You, the newbie officer you convinced to come after me, and the CMO who didn't know anything and was just joining in.