Acid splash death

Requests which have been closed
omnitricks

Acid splash death

Post by omnitricks » #74894

Your byond account: omnitricks
Your character name: can't remember I was the roboticist
Their character name: Space Mime Continuum or something similar
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Bob Dobbington (assuming this because of OOC chatter)
Server and time: Sybil 6:30 GMT March 11
Logs and/or screenshots: No logs because client died. Only got some stuff from rejoin.

OOC: Bob Dobbington: You are just making every splash of acid all the more delicious in retrospect, you know that right

Description of what happened: Mime was releasing smoke all over the station. Station was already pretty much blowing up everywhere so its hard to even see if there are any holes or stuff. Everyone is complaining. I slipped the mime and stripped him of everything before tossing him out of medbay. That was the end of that was far as I was concerned.

Mime came back to robotics and stole the saw trying to get at me with it but I ran away from the mech bay I was in.

Later shuttle came and mime came again. Ignored the mime until he started splashing acid on me not once, not twice. I was fully geared up with eva gear and everything because of aforementioned breaches so that is around 4 acid splashes over the course of probably 30 seconds because the mime kept leaving and coming back. I thought that he was done once I was naked but he continued all the way to crit.

Why they should be banned: Non antag attempted murder (crit) If he wants to retaliate I'm cool with it but the fourth acid splash which would kill me is definitely already going a step too far.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Re: Acid splash death

Post by Tsaricide » #74926

PM: Scones/()->Omnitricks/(): You stripped somebody and left them bucklecuffed because they were having fun with a simple chem smoke. You got your shit kicked in as a result. Case closed.

You were told this at the end of the round, I suggest taking this issue up with a head admin or making an admin complaint. As far as I know the head admins don't like players making ban requests of an issue that was already deemed IC, unless that rule has been removed.

Edit: Well the rule has been changed so I'll point a headmin here.
Last edited by Tsaricide on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #74969

An admin has already ruled on the matter. Request denied.

I will close this thread as resolved in 24 hours if no objection is made.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #75003

I've conferred with some of the admins present for this and there seems to be some discrepancy between what you're saying and what they're telling me.

Tsaricide and Scones claim you weren't put into crit, and that you had cuffed the mime in an area with no oxygen. Though it may not have been intentional, leaving someone to die in an area like that is going to incite them to want to come back for revenge.

Nominally I would agree that Bob Dobbington was a real shit in this case, that running around dosing people with smoke is just begging to get your ass kicked/stuff stolen...and it's not really valid escalation to turn around and murder people for answering your own shittery. But in this case, given that you very narrowly killed him (Tsaricide claims he had to personally save the mime a couple times) it makes sense for him to have a grudge against you and melt all your stuff off.

Still, Bob deserves a warning for this. You should expect people to take action against you when you're running around dosing people with shit and not attempt to get your valid on for it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #75062

say *sigh.

I was employing my famous mime gas trick, the one with a dropper and a cryostasis beaker. The actual smoke reaction was 5 units large: three of 1 unit each potassium phosphorus and sugar, with 2u mute toxin. It inflicts a negligible amount of mute toxin on the victim and is useful only as a gimmick. I don't think it's even enough to mute, and if it is it's only for seconds. The same trick done with lube will produce the pretty blue smoke clouds and general hysteria but will not actually lube floors, and is thus a similar fun thing to do as gimmicky mime.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #75076

Your "fun gimmicky thing" in this case looks an awful lot like killbaiting. You even patted yourself on the back for it in OOC after the fact.

While you might know full well what you're dosing people with it's kinda hard to tell what's in a cloud of gas beyond the color and a guess at what happens to you after you walk into it. Forcing drugs and chemicals onto people randomly is asking for a reprisal, and using that to provoke a response and try to get your valids on is killbaiting.

If it weren't for that fact that they stripped your internals and tossed you into an area without O2 you'd be sitting out a dayban right now. If you want to keep doing the mute cloud gimmick it's fine, but people are going to randomly aggress you for it, take away your stuff or worse for something you started. If you try to escalate that to killing them in return we'll be having this conversation here again. It's not "self defense" if you have to track them down after getting more weapons and chemicals.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #75077

Well the discrepancy isn't from me because I was the guy who ended up flat on his back on the ground and needed to be dragged to the shuttle medbay so that I will be out of crit. Pretty sure an inspection of the logs will support this over both their claims.

In any case I have no issue with his fun gimmicky mime silencing gas. My issue was as I've stated was as a result of the station blowing up all over there are tiles exposed to space. There are at least two of these tiles right on the medbay/kitchen hallways where the mime was doing most of his gassing. The gas pretty much obscures the vision of anyone in it over the few seconds it is around which is a few seconds too many for either hungry/injured people which may get caught in said tiles because they cannot move fast enough and cannot even see them to avoid them.

And the fact that if he left it at me being naked in the shuttle I wouldn't even have to put this banreq in because its negligible. Just that he went a step further and sent me to crit even when he had more than enough time in the gaps of his attacks to know I no longer have anything to protect me from taking any damage.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #75095

According to the logs he splashed you four times. The first time with 20 units and the next three times with 10 units. You were then given a bunch of urgent care by three different doctors. Someone injected you with a medipen, another person grabbed you and then injected you with Salbutamol which says sleepered to me. Finally a third person hypo'ed you with omizine three times.

It seems that neither Scones nor Tsaricide actually witnessed the entire situation or checked the logs. I'll yell at both of them for that later.

Anyway by your own account of where you left him and the damage you describe to the station you admit to leaving a person stripped of their internals and cuffed in an area without breathable gas. It's hard to see that as anything but a death sentence. It's not great play but you toyed with his life before he toyed with yours in this case.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #75103

I actually stripped him in and dumped him out of robotics where there was no damage to have any exposed area to space so I had no reason to suspect he would risk dying of oxyloss unless he ran back to medbay where there are concentrations of people to get himself uncuffed. If that is the case then I have no control over that.

In anycase this looks like its resolved. Thanks.