[Tristan Redeye] Ban request

Post by LadyAri » #75373

Your byond account: belchinganna
Your character name: Lizzy Ari
Their character name: Tristan Redeye
Server and time: 3:30 AM EST Friday 3/13/2015
Description of what happened:
Why they should be banned:
Detailed summary: Round starts it's DA, first five seconds I move into a locker (in front of three engineers mind you) so I can go get a drink, as soon as I set my headset down Tristan Redeye (Chief engineer at the time) opens the locker, batons me, drags me into the middle of engineering. Bill Bailey then spawns a revolver, kills me, then says thats its "DA" and tells Tristan this

"Bill Bailey exclaims, "Tell sec it was her revolver!""
"(F) Tristan Redeye says, "Sure""

Bill then gets to play the rest of the round, (while security just stripped me of everything stuffed me in a locker and put me into the detectives room) sec doesn't investigate, (Tristan was a head of staff and lied to them, I can't blame them 100%), and Tristan had absolutely no way of knowing that I was a DA or had even a slightest reason of suspecting me. I could have been a simple traitor target, he not only lied to security he lied to an admin (tsaricide) saying he had no idea that bill was actually a traitor. Yet I was in Tristans sight range the entire round start, like I said this wasn't even a minute into the game where all this happened, there is no possible way that tristan didn't see bill spawn the gun and kill me, and there was no evidence it was actually DA.

I'm only upset and posting because I feel the way the admin handled this was really shitty. I never complain in game, and I'm pretty sure I've never complained here, either way I feel this was completely garbage and yes I'm aware its a DA round, but seeing as I get traitor maybe once in every twenty to thirty games now (despite having everything enabled) it really bums me out when I get a game and can't even respawn because some guy just felt like lying.

oh and heres the best part

"DEAD: Bill Bailey says, "I paid off CE with the rest of my TCs spent on money bags"

And the admin then tells me "I'm not telling the CE that bill is a traitor if thats what you're wanting, its absolutely not happening"

I'm pretty sure the CE knows bud.

Edit: and look im sorry if this type of behavior is totally cool and im mistaken, it just seems wrong to me that a head of staff can just lie to sec about what happened, and then security just do nothing about it besides stuff my body into a locker and hide me away.
Defrost40k

Re: [Tristan Redeye] Ban request

Post by Defrost40k » #75382

Your byond account: Defrost40k
Your character name: Tristan Redeye
Their character name: bill and liz somewhat
Server and time: 3:30 AM EST Friday 3/13/2015
Description of what happened:
Soory mate! i was CE this round. So let me just say what i saw.

Liz run in a locker and hide inside in the begin of round. Id spot it as refusing to work and play chieth - open, bash with baton and say get back to work. Usualy i just lockdown engineering and wall-in backdoor, not letting engies to runaway toll powerflow is made, but admins told me i should not do this because people complains.

Well, after i drag Liz to engineering bill took a revolver and shot Liz. I thought Liz did order it from locker and dropped it on ground then i batoned her, adn Bill took gun and saved me from sindie scum. So i was not aware Bill is traitor at that moment. I even asced security to leave body, so i can do sacrifice to lord singuloth, but they took it away. Also i asked security to release Bill as my saviour, I didnt pay attention to words of Bill abot DA round. After being released from brig, bill setup singulo and seemed like lawful person to me.

After admins start knocking to door i realise what have i done. I was realy upset i lied for Bill (wasnt aware of what im lie) gone or bar, got myself drunk alitle and try to find Bill. Found eventyaly, but i didnt make cable restrais, so i didnt cuff Bill fast enouth, adn we had litle talk. I decide to demand a money for my unwise help, at least some relieth. Bloody money, hell yeah.

I realy didnt know anyone of you was traitor there, just seen one running from duties. Even if i am traitor\cultist\ling ce first of all i provide freakin power! (and add delusion scripts if needed). Dont refuse to work you signed in, its killing you.

Soory mate, just an accident, its ss13 after all.
baverage
Byond Username: Baverage

Post by baverage » #75389

Hello! Bill here.

TL;DR I don't know why Tristan did what he did, I only know for sure that late in the round he saw me doing traitory shit again and at that point theres no way he could have not known, but he blackmailed me instead of turning me in. Which I thought was pretty fun and better than the usual validhunting.
-

I did try to spawn revolver while I was standing on top of Lizzy, tried to get her PDA too but there was too many people around. I didn't really put much thought into it just went "oh this'll be exciting, one way or the other" pewpewpew. Dunno why CE opened her locker in the first place, or why he thought I wasn't a traitor. I thought it was pretty obvious, which is why I said we were double agents. Dunno why he didn't rat me out then. I did call out on radio that I was in engineering and immediately returned to work, cooperated with sec and everything though so I think most everyone knew I was a traitor but let it slide because of lack of IC evidence and my good behavior. Later in the round CE ran into me dragging a body and we had some good RP; he extorted syndicate goods from me (moneybags since I was almost out of TCs) in return for silence. So at that point he knew for sure I was syndicate, but that was late in the round and he had reason for not telling on me.

Also Sec did detain me, search my stuff, HoS said he was getting prints and left for awhile so I assume he did. And admins questioned me to clarify the situation (later in the round) so they did put in some effort. I'm sorry your round ended fast but it provided some fun for the rest of us. That's how this game goes sometimes.

I do want to apologize for how I told Tristan that we were traitors. I said something stupid and metagamey like literally just the sentence: "we're double agents." And he just went with it. I thought he was going to dunk me and sec was on the way so I was trying to explain myself as fast as possible. There was some better RP later when things had calmed down.

EDIT: The more I think about it the more I think it's pretty impossible that Tristan didn't know I was traitor right from the start. I literally said it out loud. I assumed he knew the whole time and just didn't care. I guess I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. I think your just asking for a ban no matter what if your lying to admins Tristan. Whether or not it's against the rules to help a traitor in this situation is what this should be about.

EDITEDIT: ACTUALLY, sec took you to cloning. I wandered by there and casually asked if you had been brought in. Some rookie geneticist had put you in the wrong machine and was making SE injectors of you asking how to clone. He just gave me your body when I asked! And he turned himself into you. So I stuffed your body in a closet. Really the whole round was an amazing string of good luck situations for me (and bad for you) :(
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #75457

Little inconsistency in Tristan's story the admins might want to make note of.
Well, after i drag Liz to engineering bill took a revolver and shot Liz. I thought Liz did order it from locker and dropped it on ground then i batoned her, adn Bill took gun and saved me from sindie scum.
I realy didnt know anyone of you was traitor there, just seen one running from duties.
So you're saying that you thought he was a traitor who summoned a revolver and was so sure of it you were planning on gibbing him but you didn't know he was a traitor?
Defrost40k

Post by Defrost40k » #75474

So you're saying that you thought he was a traitor who summoned a revolver and was so sure of it you were planning on gibbing him but you didn't know he was a traitor?
no, it is reference to begin of situation. I was sure liz has ordered the gun.
Walling off doors and locking down secure storage is a massive dick move because you need to fill plasma tanks for singloth.
not the sec storage. The engineering and maitance door. So no engies runaway till all set.
3.You said Bill took out the revolver first. Yet if Liz bought it then why would she have dropped it earlier or not in her bag?
because if you order a gun in closet - it fall to floor. If you have a gun in hand and being batoned, u drop gun to floor.
Snake2512
Byond Username: Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » #75475

HoS here, since I was preoccupied dealing with lesser griffons I sent the detective down to interview Tristan on what happaned, he essentially said Bill acted in self defence and saved engineering so I took the detectives word and wrote it off as that. Quite frankly, the prints only turned up Bills so I just assumed that Liz was wearing gloves however I had access to the body and I should have seen that there were no gloves on. I'd like to apologise to Liz for my shoddy security work, station gets intense pretty quickly.
4:08 PM - Maccus: you touched me as a kid remember
LadyAri
Byond Username: Belchinganna

Post by LadyAri » #75601

Defrost40k wrote:
no, it is reference to begin of situation. I was sure liz has ordered the gun.
Walling off doors and locking down secure storage is a massive dick move because you need to fill plasma tanks for singloth.
not the sec storage. The engineering and maitance door. So no engies runaway till all set.
3.You said Bill took out the revolver first. Yet if Liz bought it then why would she have dropped it earlier or not in her bag?
because if you order a gun in closet - it fall to floor. If you have a gun in hand and being batoned, u drop gun to floor.
You're lying and anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can tell. There is absolutely no way in hell you thought that I spawned that gun, you batoned me and dragged my body out of the locker almost literally after I shut it and you pulled me into the engineering room while stunned, I then saw bill spawn a gun in his hand (he was at least five tiles away from MY STUNNED BODY) and shoots me to death with said gun then says "ITS DOUBLE AGENT" then asks you to lie to sec and say it was my gun and your immediate response was "sure" and the very fact that tsaricide asks me "OH DID YOU GO INTO A LOCKER?" like that somehow matters and justifies my death and being pulled out for the entire round. Yeah Tsaricide seriously asked me that.

"EDITEDIT: ACTUALLY, sec took you to cloning. I wandered by there and casually asked if you had been brought in. Some rookie geneticist had put you in the wrong machine and was making SE injectors of you asking how to clone. He just gave me your body when I asked! And he turned himself into you. So I stuffed your body in a closet. Really the whole round was an amazing string of good luck situations for me (and bad for you)"

Sec took me to cloning after about twenty minutes of me being stuffed inside a locker.

"I had access to the body and I should have seen that there were no gloves on. I'd like to apologise to Liz for my shoddy security work, station gets intense pretty quickly."

The crime and response from your team all happened in the first three minutes of the round, I'm not buying your sugar coat yo. Just plain non-existent detective work.

I hope tristan not only gets banned for this incident, I hope he gets banned for lying to admins. Jesus Christ man, you can't even admit your mistake and instead you have to lie to strangers on the internet, I don't pity you but I do think you're pathetic.
Last edited by LadyAri on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defrost40k

Post by Defrost40k » #75644

You're lying and anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can tell. There is absolutely no way in hell you thought that I spawned that gun, you batoned me and dragged my body out of the locker almost literally after I shut it and you pulled me into the engineering room while stunned, I then saw bill spawn a gun in his hand (he was at least five tiles away from MY STUNNED BODY) and shoots me to death with said gun then says "ITS DOUBLE AGENT" then asks you to lie to sec and say it was my gun and your immediate response was "sure" and the very fact that tsaricide (how can this guy be an admin honestly?) tells me "OH DID YOU GO INTO A LOCKER?" like that somehow matters and justifies my death and being pulled out for the entire round. Yeah Tsaricide seriously asked me that, I'm not joking.
Its called "blind eye". All my attention was on you and on keyboard at that moment, then SUDDENLY gunshots.

And Seriosly man, i know its sad to be killed in begin of round, but in my experience its more than often, im still not complain about person who killed me, its bad thing to complain. But i wanna kill the rnd which makin phasons and dont making shelss\golems\slimes\inteligent pets. This is the way of asshole =_='''. The whole situation of you was like d20 :d20: shown one for you and twenty for bill. It happens. And it was two days ago already. Chill, eat choco, turn on "I dont care mode" and continue playing, if you like game!

I am not too frequent antag as well, but then i do, WILD COINCEDENCE MAJICK appears. Sometimes leading me to badass grandthieths, succesful delusion or completely shameful and hilarious failure. My last nukeops was like got hit by c4 planted by another guy, cuffed, brigged and ramain there for whole round.

I even failed to traid my freedom for donut with lizardman! ;) Still - greentext is not goal of game. Joy is. It was fun realy, whole day i was lauthing in myself about this situation.
Snake2512
Byond Username: Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » #75673

LadyAri wrote:
Defrost40k wrote:

"I had access to the body and I should have seen that there were no gloves on. I'd like to apologise to Liz for my shoddy security work, station gets intense pretty quickly."

The crime and response from your team all happened in the first three minutes of the round, I'm not buying your sugar coat yo. Just plain non-existent detective work.
If you honestly think Security's response was all within 3 minutes then you are mistaken, fingerprints were taken and interviews were had. Your case wasn't the only one Security had to deal with that round. Was it the same round the AI burned down the station and depowered everything, or was that something else?
4:08 PM - Maccus: you touched me as a kid remember
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #75762

We talked this over in adminbus for a bit and came to the consensus that it's valid.

The major complaint is that he accepted a bunch of bags of money to keep quiet about an antag's status. This kind of exchange and roleplay is prettymuch the entire reason for those items to exist in the first place. Banning someone for using them in this way is counterproductive both to the functionality of the item itself and the direction we want the server to go.

As far as him being purposefully ignorant of who actually owned the revolver and whatnot? None of us see proof that he was intentionally cooperating with someone. His claims that he didn't see who had what are totally plausible and there's a language barrier involved here.

It's valid. The request is denied.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: