omnitricks

Metagaming secborg

Post by omnitricks » #76829

Your byond account: omnitricks
Your character name: Smoke Buttersworth
Their character name: Security Cyborg-343
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): KorPhaeron
Server and time: Sybil 6:30 am gmt 21/3
Logs and/or screenshots: Nothing relevant except one other witness who reached the same conclusion of the metagaming bit.

DEAD: Lou Mccune says, "I wonder why the borg even went over there."
DEAD: Smoke Buttersworth (died as Pushes-and-Shoves) hisses, "I think that borg is metagaming"
DEAD: Smoke Buttersworth (died as Pushes-and-Shoves) hisses, "Earlier in the round"
DEAD: Smoke Buttersworth (died as Pushes-and-Shoves) hisses, "I was hiding in the locker"
DEAD: Lou Mccune says, "I saw that"
DEAD: Smoke Buttersworth (died as Pushes-and-Shoves) hisses, "And he just opened it"
DEAD: Lou Mccune says, "He also followed you for awhile"
DEAD: Lou Mccune says, "This is rather suspicious in my opinion."
DEAD: Lou Mccune says, "Don't forget he followed ye through maint for awhile when ye ran off"

Description of what happened: Was playing QM ling, went into maint when shit hit the fan and saw that there are officers and detectives in atmos. Some also injured. Sabotaged airlocks to shock and hid inside a locker. There was no one else around in maint.

Secborg suddenly comes along and opens the locker I was in out of the blue while I was holding my cuffs and stunprod. I ran.

Found dead officer in maint, became him and caught the HoP as a tator. Perma'd him and took him to the toilets. Again out of the blue the secborg rushes into the toilet and this time kills me.

There was also no AI in the entire round so I'm pretty sure no one actually sees me going into these places alone with potential victims. With my ling eyesight I would have seen them first and stop my attempts.

Why they should be banned:
Blatant metagaming. Kor says "OOC: KorPhaeron: Sorry for checking the most overused body stash in security" but two separate occasions seems more than coincidence to me.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Metagaming secborg

Post by Vekter » #76847

This is going to be hard to prove. Do you have the name of that HoP?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #76858

I was one of omnitricks earlier victims and was watching him, unless that borg was following him on a camera somewhere he just came wheeling out of nowhere and found him. He didn't speak much either.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #76870

Don't have the name of the HoP but maybe check the logs since being an antag his name would appear there?

The most suspicious point is my first encounter with the borg. Out of the blue he opened the locker to find me and then started following me until I successfully escaped. This being in maint there wouldn't be any cameras either but there it was. Suddenly in maint just to open the door and follow me. Throughout the whole game he didn't speak to me once either. The second could have been a legit coincidence if not for the first time he "found" me.

If callanrockslol isn't Lou Mccune I guess that means there are two other people which has witnessed the borg doing this.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #76873

Any chance the AI might have been watching the QM and feeding info via borg chat? Otherwise ICKY.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #76892

RG4 wrote:Any chance the AI might have been watching the QM and feeding info via borg chat? Otherwise ICKY.
omnitricks wrote:Your byond account: omnitricks

There was also no AI in the entire round so I'm pretty sure no one actually sees me going into these places alone with potential victims. With my ling eyesight I would have seen them first and stop my attempts.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #77005

HOP bad craggy knees or whatever yelled about traitor mime killing him. Earlier I'd seen Forcewaldo as a sec officer with his mime mask so I went and checked security.

Found the mime arresting the CMO. Cuffed the mime, mimr starts gesturing about traitor gear, CMO says he took it off a traitor. Someone else comes in the brig (lawyer?) and asks what is going on. I tell them I have no idea. Ask the mime about the hop, start searching the brig for him. I see his PDA in an open perma locker so check the perma cells. Cells are empty so I check the general area. General area is empty so I check the bathroom. Changeling in the bathroom so I crush him. Shuttle arrives and CMO is freaking out so I just uncuff uim so he can leave while I bolt the dead ling into the bathroom. Mime shows up and sees me with the dead ling officer and tries to kill me with an egun, arrest him and take him to the shuttle brig. CMO goy nabbed by beepsky or something since he was set to arrest by someone. Lawyer yells at me for the whole flight.

Mime and CMO were not traitors, turns out HoP was.

Tl;dr I was looking for the hop after he yelled for help. Ran into the wrong person. The only meta I was doing was assuming the mime was a traitor since he wasnt a roundstart officer.

Typing from my phone so sorry if this is shit/unorganized.

I was searching lockers earlier because Anton the atmos tech set the station on fire then vanished. I opened almost every locker in maint.

I wish the admins online had gone over this because obviously the lockers/prints are gone now. I did follow you a bit because a random person in maint bolting from me when I open a locker raises red flags but I decided it'd be a shitty meta reason to arrest someone so I left.

Anyway that's my side of the story. Let me know if you need anything else
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #77007

Honestly this is about what i'd expect.

Asking us to sift through logs to catch something said outside of the game is quite literally impossible, and its not like the perma bathrooms are a blessed holy land where no wrong could ever happen.
Lockers in maint get opened, that's pretty much how it goes. I really don't see how anybody expects to hide in maint lockers, even the O2 lockers. I do it just to look for sweet loot, potential stashed bodies, who knows. Especially since maint loot got randomized a while back.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #77010

Also making a beeline to your locker (which I didnt) while you were doing nothing (as opposed to eating) and then proceeding to let you walk off would be a completely irrational action if I was cheating. I would gain nothing from it other than announcing I was metagaming. What would possibly be the point?

Frankly the maint encounter was so inconsequential I forgot about until this thread.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #77012

:ai:
Saegrimr wrote:Honestly this is about what i'd expect.

Asking us to sift through logs to catch something said outside of the game is quite literally impossible, and its not like the perma bathrooms are a blessed holy land where no wrong could ever happen.
Lockers in maint get opened, that's pretty much how it goes. I really don't see how anybody expects to hide in maint lockers, even the O2 lockers. I do it just to look for sweet loot, potential stashed bodies, who knows. Especially since maint loot got randomized a while back.

You COULD sift through the logs to see if the HoP cried out for help or if there was any mention over the radio of him being taken to perma. You could also check the attack logs for when he killed the HoP, see of the Borg mentioned it over the radio upon its discovery, and how quickly the Borg killed him.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #77026

>You COULD sift through the logs to see if the HoP cried out for help

Please do

>any mention over the radio of him being taken to perma

Nope. Only "directions" I got was from the mime "nodding west" while standing in the brig. When we wasnt in interrogation (maybe he meant the gulag?) I moved up towards perma and saw the PDA.

>and how quickly the Borg killed him.

Immediately when I saw him. It was a lizard standing over a drained/burned human corpse, ling or not. If you mean how quickly after the HOP yelled I think it was a minute or two because I was busy listening to the CMO/mime argue about the traitor gear

>borg mentioned it over the radio upon its discovery

I dont remember if I did or not. Was busy killing him, re arresting the mime, then dashing for the shuttle. I dont see how narrating my actions matters though. The rest of the round was spent trying to stop the lawyer from freeing the mime on the shuttle and screaming at me that I was shit for arresting innocents.

I managed to get yelled at for metagaming and yelled at for making mistakes about antags in the same round
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #77031

Kor wrote:>You COULD sift through the logs to see if the HoP cried out for help

Please do

>any mention over the radio of him being taken to perma

Nope. Only "directions" I got was from the mime "nodding west" while standing in the brig. When we wasnt in interrogation (maybe he meant the gulag?) I moved up towards perma and saw the PDA.

>and how quickly the Borg killed him.

Immediately when I saw him. It was a lizard standing over a drained/burned human corpse, ling or not. If you mean how quickly after the HOP yelled I think it was a minute or two because I was busy listening to the CMO/mime argue about the traitor gear

>borg mentioned it over the radio upon its discovery

I dont remember if I did or not. Was busy killing him, re arresting the mime, then dashing for the shuttle. I dont see how narrating my actions matters though. The rest of the round was spent trying to stop the lawyer from freeing the mime on the shuttle and screaming at me that I was shit for arresting innocents.

I managed to get yelled at for metagaming and yelled at for making mistakes about antags in the same round
Given your long history and your performance as an admin, I personally trust you. I was just trying to point out how retarded it is to say "Asking us to sift through logs to catch something said outside of the game is quite literally impossible" is. There's plenty of shit you can get from logs that can potentially root out metagaming if you just use your head.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #77033

Yes, there are things to look for under certain circumstances. Two people mysteriously helping eachother out and dragging eachother around, sure.

When it comes to two players at odds with eachother, lack of communication isn't really a telling feature. A lot of people get into disarm slapfights or toolbox eachother without a word.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #77151

I only saw the second part, and it was really sketchy, but not necessarily beyond believeability. If I recall correctly, Omni had JUST opened the door when the borg came rolling in from the permabrig area (I'm not sure if the borg headed in his direction from the main cell before or after the door was opened, however). Depending on the order of events, it's possible that he heard the bathroom door opening and checked. Nor is it beyond believeability that a borg were to want to secure an 'empty' permabrig before throwing someone in. It's quite possible that, that round, he opened any locker he came upon, or there may have been something suspect about that particular locker itself.

It's pretty tough to prove that he was metagaming without a shadow of a doubt.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #77834

100% baseless accusation.

Nothing points to Kor metagaming, I watched the whole thing play out myself while observing.

I'll be closing the thread shortly.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.