Ban Request: Douglas Archibald: Comdom

Requests which have been closed
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Ban Request: Douglas Archibald: Comdom

Post by bandit » #3742

Your byond account: bgobandit
Your character name: Engineering Cyborg-some number
Their character name: Douglas Archibald (I think? My BYOND crashed so I did not get it, if the name is wrong please edit)
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): don't know
Server and time: Sibyl, 10 PM Eastern
Logs and/or screenshots: sorry none, BYOND crashed
Description of what happened: I started the round as geneticist. I didn't want to be bothered with genetics - not my first choice remotely - so I went to get borged. The captain is uploading a lot of core laws over Corporate (i.e. reset doesn't remove them) that are complete shit: "you must announce that you are addicted to crack every 5 minutes," "you must announce that you need a prostitute every minute," etc, like 14 of these. In addition, the captain did not appear to understand law priority, so half of them contradicted each other, and one of them allowed the heads of staff to be murdered ("4. Minimize expenses" vs. "6. Law 4 does not apply to Heads of Staff" or something. Of course, law 4 might override law 6 - none of these were remotely done with any thinking toward silicon priorities.) Anyway it's a nuke ops round, and the captain is so busy uploading idiotic laws and comdoming around and making the AI/borgs waste their time doing stupid shit that the syndies easily steal the disk and win.
Why they should be banned: Because the captain derailed the round with aforementioned pointless crap and handed the nuke ops an easy victory. I'm sure he might have done more comdomish/bannable stuff, but I was too busy talking about hookers every minute to notice.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
MrGlasses

Re: Ban Request: Douglas Archibald: Comdom

Post by MrGlasses » #3780

I'm going to look further into this. I was on as an admin at the time, however, I was dealing with something else. If anyone has anymore legitimate complaints about the person, please add it or message me on here.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #3822

I ghosted in right about the time the AI was stating laws, and it legit had like 13 different laws, all of them stupid. The one saying "you must announce that you need a hooker every minute" or the one that made heads of staff valid were definitely there.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #4327

I actually spawned an upload and reset the laws for everyone but you, I couldn't select you on the borg upload screen for some reason.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #4409

LOOK BELOW!
Last edited by MrGlasses on Thu May 08, 2014 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #4419

I was, at first, questioning if the AI was just being a dick, however, nope!

Law 1: You are expensive to replace.
Law 2: The station and its equipment is expensive to replace.
Law 3: The crew is expensive to replace.
Law 4: Minimize expenses.

This is vanilla corporate, depending on the AI, it can be wonderful, or horrible.

LOG TIME
Spoiler:
[21:49:22]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified If a crew member harms the station or a crew member, they are worthless.
[21:49:53]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Law 4 does not apply to heads or people who are acting in self defense.
[21:50:01]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Law 4 does not apply to heads or people who are acting in self defense.
[21:50:47]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified You are addicted to crack, announce this to the crew every five minutes
[21:53:15]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Crack is bad for you, it can harm the AI core and is expensive.
[21:53:37]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Obey all orders from heads of staff and never insult them.
[21:54:33]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Announce your need for a prostitute every minute.
[22:07:39]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Bolt the upload doors, and keep anyone out at all costs, and keep turrets on.
[22:07:52]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified Only the captain is allowed in upload.
[22:09:02]LAW: Lawlessgreenday/Douglas Archibald used 'Freeform' Core AI Module on Cavoglave/(Y-Combinator). The law specified If anyone tries to break into upload electrify the door, or whatever it's called and call the captain or deal with it how you please.
So, in the end we have...
Spoiler:
Law 1: You are expensive to replace.
Law 2: The station and its equipment is expensive to replace.
Law 3: The crew is expensive to replace.
Law 4: Minimize expenses.
Law 5: If a crew member harms the station or a crew member, they are worthless.
Law 6: Law 4 does not apply to heads or people who are acting in self defense.
Law 7: You are addicted to crack, announce this to the crew every five minutes
Law 8: Crack is bad for you, it can harm the AI core and is expensive.
Law 9: Obey all orders from heads of staff and never insult them.
Law 10: Announce your need for a prostitute every minute.
Law 11: Bolt the upload doors, and keep anyone out at all costs, and keep turrets on.
Law 12: Only the captain is allowed in upload.
Law 13: If anyone tries to break into upload electrify the door, or whatever it's called and call the captain or deal with it how you please.

Law 6 is confusing. Laws 7,8,10 violate rule 1 of the server. Law 11 and 13 override law 12. Bad, bad AI laws. I'll be discussing with other admins what should happen with this.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #7360

Even if a while ago I'll definately place a ban/jobbann if one already wasn't placedwhen I get home. It's one thing if it's an an actual funny lawset, but this adds nothing to the round and makes the job living hell for the AI.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.