Github Username: feemjmeem

Nonconsensual Sex Change

Post by feem » #84596

Your byond account: feemjmeem
Your character name: Prone-to-Blackouts
Their character name: Jack Alice
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Sibyl, ~3:45PM PDT
Logs and/or screenshots: Unfortunately not present, but was ahelped at the time.
Description of what happened:

I was a male lizard character wearing a dress. Jack Alice warned me that I was "confusing his pants" or something and that I had to change clothes. A little while later he stunbatons me, handcuffs me, and drags me to genetics to change my sex to female.

Why they should be banned:

I did not consent to this. I did not make any statements or take any actions which in any way described my gender or sex outside of the mechanisms of the game itself, and by extension did nothing even remotely ERP-like or indicative of any kind of relationship or desire for one. The captain felt that my character wearing a dress meant that my sex should be changed to female and he stun/cuffed me to force that change upon my character.

The player was warned but I don't think this is sufficient. He stunned the character and chopped off his dick. This isn't LifeWeb.

First of all, Rule 1, completely unjustified 'BECAUSE I SAID SO' stuncuff/drag around. That's pretty minor by itself and I normally wouldn't give a shit.

But combine that with the forced sex change and you've got a really troubling situation. I've been mad at this game before but I've never actually been made uncomfortable by it.

This was also said on OOC when this was being discussed:

OOC: TechnoAlchemist: Sex change is surgery not rape

Which, sure, true. Unless you force it upon the character.

I'm really surprised this happened at all, and I'm even more surprised that I'm having to file this request.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Nonconsensual Sex Change

Post by Vekter » #84598

I wouldn't classify this under rape, but it's damn sketchy. I'm not okay with it in the slightest. I'll look into it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #84599

Yeah this shouldn't be okay to do.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #84602

I didn't really mean to call it rape or classify it that way, that was more the opinion of a few others in the conversation.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #84606

This is stupid. Start ruling this kind of stuff as "not ok" and soon you will have a bunch of other stupid ban requests. Its surgery, who cares? If he tried to ERP in any way then i can understand a ban request, as its against the rules. Changing someones sex against their will has never been against the rules. If you are going to take this seriously, then just remove the operation.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #84607

The issue here isn't that it's ERP or that sex change is taboo, it's that they were cuffed against their will for no reason, and forced into a surgery they did not want. It's a rule one violation because it's a dick move judging from the context.

I'll try to get the person in here.

Update: Evidently they were noted and sufficiently warned for what they did. So they were in a sense punished.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84609

TechnoAlchemist wrote:The issue here isn't that it's ERP or that sex change is taboo, it's that they were cuffed against their will for no reason, and forced into a surgery they did not want. It's a rule one violation because it's a dick move judging from the context.

I'll try to get the person in here.

Update: Evidently they were noted and sufficiently warned for what they did. So they were in a sense punished.
This was already handled.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha