Byond Username: Rexagon

Steven Shupe- General Asshole/Actual shitsec

Post by rexagon » #92881

Your byond account: Rexagon
Your character name: Carla Fletcher
Their character name: Steven Shupe
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Sybil 11:40 EST 6/1/2015
Logs and/or screenshots:(none usable, client disconnected)
Description of what happened: As engineer, having broken into the bridge to try and raise the blast doors, I was stunned and arrested by Steven Shupe, who was security officer. He repeatedly used a 100-potency deathnettle on me, fully stripped my character, and intentioanlly bucklecuffed me for my stay in the brig. I know that he meant to bucklecuff me, because when i tried to remove my cuffs, he buckled my back into the bed.
Why they should be banned: As a player, he disregarded several important policies set for security players, mostly not fully stripping non-perma prisoners, not bucklecuffing prisoners, and not using lethal force.
Iceb3rg
Byond Username: Iceb3rg

Re: Steven Shupe- General Asshole/Actual shitsec

Post by Iceb3rg » #92895

I was Captain one round, and I do remember an admin questioning me over something Steven did. Steven is a general shitler and seems to just want to beat the shit out of people just because hes security. Apparently he disobeyed an order when I was Captain and against my orders he killed the clown.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #92902

Concerning iceb3rg's post, I was the admin at that time. To clarify what happened, Steven and the captain had arrested the clown and roughed him up a bit for assuming the captainship before the captain had arrived. What happened was IC I suppose and the clown was taken to security- however, the clown was bleeding out and Steven had denied him any medical aid until a gangster had started breaking in into the gulag shuttle office. Steven went to deal with that and by that time, a lawyer had taken the clown away to the medbay but the clown had bled out by then. The issue here was security having some sort of minimal level of responsibility for people they arrest. If a traitor or outright griefer had been arrested and had bled out that would have been fine, but what the clown had done hadn't really reached that point.

So Steven didn't kill the clown but I had to look into why the clown was allowed to bleed out in the first place, which is why I questioned you.

All this being said, Steven does have a bit of history regarding jumping the gun when killing people and this history is noted so admins are aware of it if an issue involving Steven comes up.

Regarding the actual ban appeal, the most serious thing I can see is him using the deathnettle on you. From what you've said, I don't think he put you into crit with the deathnettles but if you give me a time and date, I can look at the attack logs to see what happened more clearly. And unless more new logs or information comes up, this ban appeal will probably at most result in a probationary period where any further fuckups then result in a jobban.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
rexagon
Byond Username: Rexagon

Post by rexagon » #92912

I think this would be some time before 11:40 AM of 6/1/2015, and to my knowledge, I was only put into red health by his attack, but I recovered due to my healing virus (which he was unaware of). On another note, thank you for taking the time to tell me all this.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #92920

Spoiler:
[07:08:07]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Steven Shupe(supdawge) attacked Carla Fletcher(rexagon) with deathnettle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: FIRE)</font>
[07:08:07]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Steven Shupe(supdawge) attacked Carla Fletcher(rexagon) with deathnettle</font>
[07:08:08]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Steven Shupe(supdawge) attacked Carla Fletcher(rexagon) with deathnettle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: FIRE)</font>
[07:08:08]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Steven Shupe(supdawge) attacked Carla Fletcher(rexagon) with deathnettle</font>
[07:08:08]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Steven Shupe(supdawge) attacked Carla Fletcher(rexagon) with deathnettle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: FIRE)</font>
[07:08:08]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Steven Shupe(supdawge) attacked Carla Fletcher(rexagon) with deathnettle</font>
It was unlikely to be max potency deathnettle but six deathnettle hits probably hurt quite a bit anyway. If I see Shupe, I'll direct him to this thread.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #93585

I've told him twice in game now to check in on this thread. If he doesn't reply in a few more days I'll go ahead.
Supdawge
Byond Username: SupDawge

Post by Supdawge » #93664

Hello I am Steven Shupe.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #93666

Supdawge wrote:Hello I am Steven Shupe.
Okay...? Wanna explain your side of things?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #94562

I'm going to take a look at his notes and most likely add a new one in the morning, otherwise this seems about as far as it'll get.