Post by sirnat » #93369

Your byond account:sirnat
Your character name: Sir Syndihonk
Their character name: Thing Person
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): No idea
Server and time: Sybil 2:00-2:30 EST
Logs and/or screenshots:http://pastebin.com/sUfk6Z1T
Description of what happened:
Alright, so round started I walk into the bar coming out of the theatre spawn for mime and clown, I get ready to begin my shenanigans when a random virologist named Jeffrey something began to punch me. To my defence, Bryce runs in and begins to punch Jeff to help me out, we then later get the guy in medical and kick his shit in because he escalated the fight for absolutely no reason. So, a security guard comes rushing out of the post in medical, and I yell for bryce to run, and to my surprise bryce grabs the guy and drags him and continues to kill him. (Note, I did not murder the guy, I only kicked him and punched because it was me getting revenge.) So, bryce murders the guy in the maint and then hes in the bar when running from a guard, the guard being thing person. Thing person then tazes bryce, I help bryce up, bryce disarms him and takes his tazer and runs away. I stand in the bar, expecting to be jailed for aiding in the escape of bryce. Thing person then charges in, batons me cuffs me and drags me up to the brig. I was assuming he was going to put me in for 10 minutes or so, because I didn't even hit a officer but knowing clown's bad luck we get shit on. Thing person then takes me to perma brig, and begins to strip me, I say that he can't perma me for something so minor, (He also punched me right before this.) and says that he can because of no warden. I then get released by someone im assuming has a security guard ID or something, cant remember the name, but it was somsone in assistant clothes. Later on, when the blob is legit found and everyones racing to kill it, Thing person takes time that's needed to kill the blob and chases me and begins to shoot his tazer at me, me defending myself I attempt to disarm him, but it doesn't work. He then (While the fighting continues with the blob) takes time out again to drag me all the way up to perma, strip me, and put me back in. Then I un buckle/cuff myself and demand the AI let me out and call the new HOS to the perma brig. The Hos being the nice guy he is, releases me and pax, I then walk back down toward medical and who is it again? Thing person then sees me a THIRD time and tries to taze me instead of fighting the blob just to take me back to perma, but luckily I got away, then went and fought the blob with a ripley and got wrecked.
Why they should be banned: They should be banned for be a total shit at being security, and being a dick. Perma brigging someone for helping someone up after being tazed and assault which had mutliple witnesses that the viro attacked me first, the max I expected or should have been done was a time of 10 minutes ATLEAST. None of my actions warrant a perma brig, I didn't even attack any of the officers.

-Note- Also, Laharl was online and when I ahelped he said "murdered someone?" which clearly showed there wasn't much investigation put into it, and after that message from him, no more came from him in response, I even tried multiple times to ahelp, so im assuming he went AFK during the situation.
hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Re: Ban request on Thing Person

Post by hanshansenhansson » #93394

sirnat wrote: I then get released by someone im assuming has a security guard ID or something, cant remember the name, but it was somsone in assistant clothes.
That was me, found that ID when I followed Thing Person and the Clown to brig as I expected something like this to happen. Every time I played Security alongside Thing Person he happened to behave like this. He just throws everyone in perma on the slightest hunch.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #93426

Also to add to this, just now at 5:00 PM EST, thing person was the HoS and on the shuttle as it was leaving began beating a restrained mime with harm baton, atleast 10 times before me and other security officers detained him.
Someone1214
Byond Username: Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93430

About the perma thing, it was mainly a temporary thing. I was actually planning on letting you out later as I found out more stuff. And I had no way of knowing what actually happened. I got caught up, but I wasn't going to perma you fully. And I didn't chase you with my taser, I fired off a single taser shot. And the original brigging was mainly for helping Bryce up, as he stole my taser and definitely killed a guy.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #93442

Someone1214 wrote:About the perma thing, it was mainly a temporary thing.

What
Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93445

rdght91 wrote:
Someone1214 wrote:About the perma thing, it was mainly a temporary thing.

What
I can see how that would seem kind of odd. What I meant is that I was going to probably take him out, but some stuff came up.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #93446

I was lucky/unlucky enough to be asked by sirnat to look into this so I guess I'll make a post now.

Something, could you go into some more detail about why you attempted to perma sirnat again? And why you felt it necessary to allegedly keep someone indefinitely detained until you found out more? I can understand doing this in some circumstances but this didn't seem like one of them.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93449

imblyings wrote:I was lucky/unlucky enough to be asked by sirnat to look into this so I guess I'll make a post now.

Something, could you go into some more detail about why you attempted to perma sirnat again? And why you felt it necessary to allegedly keep someone indefinitely detained until you found out more? I can understand doing this in some circumstances but this didn't seem like one of them.

All I knew at the time is that he was involved in a murder and helped the other guy involved in it escape sec and steal a taser. That was the information I was working off of.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #93480

I was the HoS. I latejoined something like 15 minutes into the round, heard Sir Syndiehonk calling for the HoS to perma and went over there. Checked Bryce and the clown's arrest records, one was blank I believe, and the other just said 'stole a tazer', or something to that effect. Seeing it was a blob round, and the blob was noticeably winning, being awfully close to R&D with no research being done, and the brigees didn't do something as stupid as using a flamethrower, I released both of them (Bryce was braindead at the juncture, I believe, however).

At some point, I told the Thing Person to stop hunting Sir Syndiehonk and get his ass over to the blob over the radio after Sir Syndiehonk complained about being arrested again. Not sure if he followed through, because R&D was in dire danger of being eaten, and I died shortly after telling him to fuck off.

Regardless, it's one of those code-red situations where almost everyone, minus repeat offenders are/should be given a reprieve. Nuke ops is an analogous example - would you keep anyone in perma for an offense that, at least, I saw as not really permabriggable, or release them and have more meat between you and the ops?
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #93488

Is it okay if im fine with a warning? I dont want a guy banned, I just wanted the topic to be brought up about the situation. I'm not mean to want someone banned for perma brigging, but I just felt as if it should be warned about y'know?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #93496

Someone1214 wrote:About the perma thing, it was mainly a temporary thing. I was actually planning on letting you out later as I found out more stuff. And I had no way of knowing what actually happened. I got caught up, but I wasn't going to perma you fully. And I didn't chase you with my taser, I fired off a single taser shot. And the original brigging was mainly for helping Bryce up, as he stole my taser and definitely killed a guy.
The interrogation room exists for a reason. Same goes for, you know, the ability to speak. Tossing someone in perma, especially when you do it three times, tends to get people panicing and thinking their round is over. Better way to handle this is to take them to interrogation if you need some peace and quiet, ask them what happened, and maybe give them a short sentence for assault while you figure this shit out and maybe use a bit of common sense. They'll probably be indignant but unless they're complete assholes they're not gonna treat three minutes in the brig like they've just been gibbed.

If they're dragging a dude to medical while simultaneously breaking every tooth in the mother fucker's mouth, chances are they're not an antag trying to assassinate their target or some random griefer trying to permanently take some asshole out of the round. More then likely they're just trying to rough someone, most likely a shitler, up a bit and let the docs patch him up or genetics clone him before sending him on his merry way. The part where Bryce took off with the dude towards maintenance while blissfully turning his face into jelly does warrant a lot of concern though and he definitely was someone you'd want to make a priority.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #93529

>forums kill and it ate my post

Anyway the gist of what I wanted to say was that indefinitely perma'ing someone not directly involved in a murder, then chasing them down to perma them again during a blob round, goes past the line of what is acceptable as sec. You also have a history of misconduct in head/sec roles but for whatever reason, Sirnat is asking for clemency here. You got lucky- I'd still recommend you take some self-imposed time off from sec and heads as this is probably a last warning situation before more permanent measures take place regardless of someone asking for you to not be punished.
Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93562

imblyings wrote:>forums kill and it ate my post

Anyway the gist of what I wanted to say was that indefinitely perma'ing someone not directly involved in a murder, then chasing them down to perma them again during a blob round, goes past the line of what is acceptable as sec. You also have a history of misconduct in head/sec roles but for whatever reason, Sirnat is asking for clemency here. You got lucky- I'd still recommend you take some self-imposed time off from sec and heads as this is probably a last warning situation before more permanent measures take place regardless of someone asking for you to not be punished.
Yeah, I see what you mean. One quick question about how to do that though- I usually like to leave my job preferences blank and just take whatever the game gives me. Is there some way to do that and not get sec/heads?
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #93572

You'd either have to always go as assistant or pick all jobs but sec on low.
Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93574

CandyClown wrote:You'd either have to always go as assistant or pick all jobs but sec on low.
Thanks.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #93578

I remember that Thing Person was stripped of his rank and perma'd few days ago as a Warden, for leaving Brig to murder innocent people (hippy protesters) to get his valids on.
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #93580

I remember that round and after pushing him down once or twice as hulk, he promptly lasered me to death.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #93584

Strictly speaking, I can't act on that at all unless I have some sort of time and date to check the logs.
Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93588

CandyClown wrote:I remember that round and after pushing him down once or twice as hulk, he promptly lasered me to death.
About that, I only meant to laser the hulk out of you. Not kill you.
Someone1214

Post by Someone1214 » #93589

Lumbermancer wrote:I remember that Thing Person was stripped of his rank and perma'd few days ago as a Warden, for leaving Brig to murder innocent people (hippy protesters) to get his valids on.
That one wasn't even my idea, I just went along with it.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #93677

I've just encountered him as the CE running around FNR disarm spamming people because I quote, "Honk." Over the radio he was whining about someone who took his baton from him after he (reportedly) hit them with it FNR and then demanded security get it back in the middle of dealing with a wiz. Generally an obnoxious and whiney player.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #93680

I'd suggest that if these peanut gallery complaints are actually ban request-worthy, they should be made as actual ban requests instead of just dogpiling into an already resolved issue.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #93804

yeah it probably is resolved.