Cik
Byond Username: Cik

john trustworthy "borgs rogue"

Post by Cik » #98914

Your byond account:Cik
Your character name:Wintermute (AI)
Their character name:John Trustworthy
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): TarktheShark
Server and time:sybil, the round ended maybe 10 minutes before this was posted (how do i into clock?)
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened: John trustworthy incited a commandwide panic by screaming borgs rogue!/blow the borgs! over and over unprovoked and for no reason. this allowed the antag HOP to blow all my cyborgs at least once, and most of them twice, ruining their rounds and allowing at least one human to die because i was without borgies to save people from the chaos of the station.
he claims this was because my secborg was abducting him and shocking doors etc. but i and nobody else (including other cyborgs, the RD, the command staff, security) saw no evidence whatsoever of this and they were slaved all round. for reference my laws were at the time 1-3 asimov 4 "ur gay" i had done nothing but be helpful all round.

Why they should be banned: rule one rule one rule one rule one rule one
Last edited by Cik on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: john trustworthy "borgs rogue"

Post by Scott » #98923

I thought I was logging, but turns out it's broken as ever.

Anyways, I am the secborg who "started" all this. I see John Trustworthy (Tarktheshark) yelling "silicons are releasing plasma and shocking doors" and stuff like that on the common channel. I immediately ask the AI to give me his location, I head over to him and arrest him, take him to the brig. Of course, now he's saying on the radio I am taking him to an isolated place to finish him, despite being in front of the brig, which is where I am taking him. I strip him of his headset, as I always do when dealing with these types of people who like to yell rogue, to prevent further instigation.

I go inside the brig and an officer takes him from me, and goes into interrogation. I try to follow them in, but he flashes me multiple times. Since flashing borgs now is so shit, I get mad and pull out a disabler to return the favor. Max Fattkins, a traitor, sees this and uses it as an excuse to blow up all borgs. Fair enough, he's a traitor. Security allows this to happen, releases John, John keeps yelling rogue, AI is without cyborgs. At some point the brains of the other cyborgs disappear.

John gave the traitor an excuse to blow the borgs with impunity. Crying wolf on the silicons is against Rule 1. Every single cyborg had their round ruined.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #98932

Ckey Tarktheshark, Not pleasant for security either.
Best of luck doods.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #99023

Dude is a massive fucking shitler.

I was a part of this round I believe, Dude deserved to be gibbed.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #99058

RD from this round here. I carded the AI to check its laws. Asimov 1-3, and a fourth: 'u r gay'. FWIW, I can't recall a single positive interaction with this person, ever.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #99084

Use this template when posting a ban request:

Your byond account:
Your character name:
Their character name:
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time:
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:
Why they should be banned:

pls.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #99226

I was the CE this round. I can confirm everything they say.
Cik

Post by Cik » #99466

tfw admin will never come to thread

tfw your cyborg children go unavenged
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99489

Be it noted that the original post was updated according to format, although the ban reason is worded...sketchily, in this man's humble opinion.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #99511

Because of course the format is the most concerning part of this whole thread.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99517

Well, Jeb asked for it to be reformatted, and someone had to point out that it was.
Cik

Post by Cik » #99529

DemonFiren wrote:Well, Jeb asked for it to be reformatted, and someone had to point out that it was.
to be fair that was a day or two ago, and what part of it is sketchily worded?

1. guy screams borgs rogue FNR as a nonantag and allows the HOP antag to blow them twice, ruining their rounds and getting a few other people killed

2. the only time my borgs interacted with him at all was to take him into sec to try to prevent a huge hullabaloo over it

3. everyone backs up my story, says guy was a shit
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #99538

Honestly, He's pretty much a consistent shitter and spitter, and will often spend his round making life hard on the people who arrest him.
But a lot of people scream sec's rogue borgs rogue while in handcuffs, he's just louder than average, enough for me to note it in my internal memory that he's a dick at least.

You aren't gonna get much out of this most likely, as he didn't blow your borgs himself, that and it seems like a significant portion of the community engages in this practice to one degree or another, but again, best of luck doods
Cik

Post by Cik » #99551

he didn't scream after he was being arrested, though it did continue. he instigated it by screaming borgs rogue before anything was done to him.

if he just screamed borgs rogue after being arrested i'd just chock him up to being a (rather persistent) dickhead. but he screamed borgs rogue before we interacted with him at all and got my borgs blown twice, distracted the entire command staff for five minutes, and got a few people killed by proxy.

edit: that and he was very specific and obviously trying to provoke something considering it wasn't just the standard "secborg arrestin me borgs rogue!!!" he was talking about plasma floods, shocked doors, borgs dragging him off to kill him etc. he was obviously trying to start shit and it's a clear rule violation that resulted in some stupid shit.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #99560

As I said he was claiming the AI was releasing plasma and shocking doors, like claiming it was the truth and being loud about it. Whatever happened, it could have easily been a random person doing those things, usually when an AI is releasing plasma, the entire station is flooded. And anybody can shock doors.

I acted immediately to stop him because I have been blown up before because of that shit and people get away with it every time, so I have to take it into my own hands IC.
Cik

Post by Cik » #99588

that's the thing though, if he was telling the truth about the doors or plasma that's fine, but he wasn't. there was no doors, no plasma. he was stirring shit up by lying.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #99818

I'm inclined to believe this, this many TG players can't even agree on whether or not Hitler was a good guy. Let me see if the logs are still around in a convenient form for me to access.

EDIT: you're kidding me, he talks in all caps, all the time

EDIT 2: Okay, maybe not all the time. Just a lot. Splendid, it's been too long, time to ask somebody with remote to pull the full logs and have a look.

EDIT 3:
[15:47] <@KorPhaeron> You don't need remote to pull logs silly
[15:47] <@KorPhaeron> .getserverlogs
[15:47] <@KorPhaeron> on server

fug

EDIT 4: From the logs, it's clear he's playing a 'I hate borgs hur hur RP' character, which is perfectly fine, however, I've also found the lines in question.
[20:05:03]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : AI ROGUE
[20:05:08]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : PLASMA VENTING DOORS SHOCKED
[20:05:46]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : BLOW BORGS
[20:06:41]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : FUCKING THEY ARE KILLING ME

[20:13:22]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : The hallway, it ripped it off and tried to drag me somewhere isolated to finish me. Most likely under your orders.

[20:14:45]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : DO NOT FIX THAT BORG

[20:14:45]SAY: John Trustworthy/Tarktheshark : DO NOT FIX THAT BORG
No other person in the logs is speaking this way, talking about the situation. In fact, people are saying things like 'AI do X' and then not later saying 'AI why aren't you doing X' and whatnot.

Subtle was on and responded to the incident at the time.
[20:43:25]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Carl Shady)->Xxnoob/(Aiden Scott): I'd suggest calming down and recognizing that a traitor took advantage of the situation to blow you. Had you handed the idiot over and not made a conflict about it, people wouldn't have been so quick to believe. It's an IC conflict.
I don't tend to agree that you had it coming, sure it might look shady but somebody yelling AI ROGUE when it's not the case, well. I'd like to hear from other admins about this incident and some opinions, and I'd like to hear from Trustworthy over why he called you guys out as rogue, specifically.
RIP
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #99837

Roboticist, here.

The shitter in question was sitting in a perfectly fine Medbay for several minutes screaming about rogue borgs shocking doors and venting plasma as a nonantag. I checked several borgs as a direct result of this, and denied his claims over comms, which he deigned to not even acknowledge as he continued repeating the same accusations repeatedly without reason. A secborg nonharmfully arrested him as a direct result, at which point he began shouting about being harmed by rogue borgs.

I gave him the benefit of a doubt and waited for round end, but he was most assuredly not an antagonist, which makes his behavior unacceptable.

There is a wide line between 'RP' and being an unacceptable shit, and there shouldn't be a question of which side he was on.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #99942

Hibbles wrote:From the logs, it's clear he's playing a 'I hate borgs hur hur RP' character, which is perfectly fine
Platinum case of using 'muh RP' to justify being a complete dick to other players for no reason.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #99947

Hibbles wrote:From the logs, it's clear he's playing a 'I hate borgs hur hur RP' character, which is perfectly fine
We've treated screaming BORGS ROGUE as a generally shitty thing to do for a whIle now. It's not generally something we'd ban for, but it's still notable.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #99950

Pretty sure i've handed out short bans for people screaming BORGS ROGUE the moment they get arrested.

Theres a reason that in DA RULES we have

Asimov-Specific Policies
Silicon Protections
1. Declarations of the silicons as rogue over inability or unwillingness to follow invalid or conflicting orders is a violation of Server Rule 1. The occurrence of such an attempt should be adminhelped and then disregarded.

Because borgs get blown for any little reason, and people are always looking for a reason to blow the borgs, nobody wants to trust borgs because nobody actually knows what their laws are unless you card it. Running around screaming HUR DUR ROGUE is going to end up in a player taken out of the round a majority of the time.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik

Post by Cik » #99953

that isn't what he did, though. the entire beef was that he decided to unilaterally scream that the borgs were rogue when there was actually no IC reason to believe they were rogue at all, he was incredibly specific in his lies. before he started screaming the borgs had never interacted with him at all.

this isn't exactly "borg law 2 kill yourself" and then a rogue scream. there's only one reason he would do what he did and that was for pure grief which is why i bothered filing this request in the first place, it's pure shit, even above and beyond a single nonspecific borgs rogue call. it went on for 10~ minutes and was incredibly specific; furthermore he must've known it was a lie because he was quite literally making shit up. his calls of shocked doors and plasma DID NOT EXIST. i could understand if he saw plasma that an atmostech had flooded.

THERE WAS NO PLASMA

THERE WAS NO SHOCK

THERE WAS NO HARM

he was just being a shitler to be a shitler.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #99961

Which is even more damning than doing it to get out of being arrested.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #103918

Okay, if he hasn't replied by the time I wake up in the morning, I'll make sure he does before he plays again.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #104012

Eighteen days.
An impressive responsive time indeed.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #104069

I've sent him four damn pages on BYOND over the last few weeks. If he's gonna ignore me he's not gonna play here until he wants to explain himself.
Spoiler:

Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #104219

Why didn't you just drop a perma 18 days ago to force him to respond.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #104221

Because I did, maybe 2 weeks ago. It somehow got lifted and I have no clue why.
Spoiler:

Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #104307

And that sort of thing isn't logged?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #104350

I'm handling that on our end.

As for Tark, if he doesn't reply he doesn't come back, plain and simple. I'll give him until I get back tonight, then I'm locking this and he'll have to appeal to play again.
Spoiler:

Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #104358

Thank you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #104463

Tark has contacted me and is currently unable to post, likely as his accounts haven't been linked yet.

I'll leave this open for the time being.
Spoiler:

tarkthesharkjr
Byond Username: Tarktheshark

Post by tarkthesharkjr » #104514

Ok Hey: I don't really remember the round in question all that well. And I honestly I'm not looking to get drawn into an in-depth discussion over this, as in general I haven't had time to play ss13 in general lately. If I'm recalling correctly, I do remeber getting shocked and seeing plasma vented in medbay, after which I called out that the AI was rogue. Shortly therafter I was attacked by a borg and dragged to security. I did not blow the borgs, nor do I know who did. I'm sorry if I caused someone's round to get disrupted, but I do not honestly feel like this is a ban worthy offence. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply. But I've been very busy lately and haven't been playing spacemen or checking the forums. The only reason I found out about this post was my friend Mr. Oramri told me that I needed to post or get banned.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #104549

This isn't your first instance of having trouble with borgs. Why would you continue to scream and whine about BORGS ROGUE even after your previous incidents? There are better ways to go about alerting the crew.
Spoiler:

Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #104550

>plasma vented in the medbay
>attacked by a cyborg

I was in the medbay, it was where I arrested you. There was no plasma. AI player confirms there was no plasma.

Being non harmfully arrested is not being attacked.
tarkthesharkjr
Byond Username: Tarktheshark

Post by tarkthesharkjr » #104568

Vekter wrote:This isn't your first instance of having trouble with borgs. Why would you continue to scream and whine about BORGS ROGUE even after your previous incidents? There are better ways to go about alerting the crew.
I understand that. Clearly it appears to be a problem and in the future I'll try and give them a second chance. I honest to god did see plasma in medbay, I don't know why he seems to think I'm lying about that. Either way I do understand that this is a repeated pattern and will work to correct it if it really has so many people upset.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #104589

Alright, that works for me.

Most I would've banned you for would have been a day anyway, so I'll apply a note for this incident and lift the ban tomorrow morning.
Spoiler:

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #104669

observation, but could he have been seeing plasma and shocked doors because of hallucination?
Cik

Post by Cik » #104692

ah fug