Abdul Kabab/Solo Oofs: Mad Bomber Cultists

Post by Oldman Robustin » #103587

Your byond account: ForcefulCJS
Your character name: Oldman Robustin
Their character name: Abdul Kabab/Solo Oofs
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Sybil at like 4:45am
Description of what happened:

I've had experience with Solo ruining a cult round before, but then it was due to incompetence.

This time he and his metabuddy Abdul decided the best way to get new converts and sacrifice their target was just to blindly bomb all the major departments. In the final bomb Solo forgets to put a timer on and literally just blows himself up trying to throw the bomb and kills myself and another cultist.

I'm so sick and tired of cult rounds being shit because of guys like these. They have no business playing a team antag position if they're just going to act like traitors and the whole station is valid.

Make a statement and punt these shitters from Cult until they understand that mass-bombings are not the objective and fucking over your team is bannable.

Edit: The straw that broke the camel's back on this was in deadchat, when I pressed Abdul on why he thought bombing cargo, medbay, etc. was beneficial to the cult, I said "your job as cultists isn't to rush a shuttle and cause mass destruction" and his reply was "but where's the fun in that?". As long as these two metafriends do science together I can imagine all sorts of gang/cult/rev rounds starting and ending with indiscriminate mass bombings.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Abdul Kabab/Solo Oofs: Mad Bomber Cultists

Post by lumipharon » #103588

The rules say you can't work against your team/team objectives...
Bombing the shit out of everything as cult seems to qualify.
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #103624

I'm looking into the logs. It seems someone already beat you to it.
05:11:23]ADMIN: HELP: ##############): Welp just going out on a limb here Abdul Kabob (ishcabob Mohamad), or Sofo Oofs(sofo) Tried blowing up their only objectives in a team round which led to the whole team losing. Ruining it for the others. - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
TOPIC: "status", from ######, master:, key:

Unfortunately it wasn't answered at the time that I can tell.

I'll talk to the admins involved and see what they have to say. From what I can see I have to agree with you CJS

Edit. I've talked to 2/3 of the admins involved with the case. The other one wasn't around but I think I have enough of the picture regarding this. Applied a cult antag ban to both. If behavior like this continues it'll be a permaban.

*Edit edit
added some logs

Spoiler:
[05:01:37]SAY: Ghost/Ishcabob Mohamad : TBH, I was just trying to cause panic, not goin for kills
[05:01:44]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : YOU DONT WANT PANIC AS A CULT
[05:01:48]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : YOU WANT NICE QUIET SILENCE
[05:01:56]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : PANIC = SHUTTLE RUSH = NO OBJECTIVES DONE
[05:02:00]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : jesus
[05:02:03]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : dont paly cult

[05:04:04]SAY: Ghost/Ishcabob Mohamad : >Have fun on a cult round
[05:04:13]SAY: Ghost/Ishcabob Mohamad : >everyone loses their min

[05:03:55]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : youre a SECRET CULT
[05:04:08]SAY: Ghost/ForcefulCJS : not a fucking bombing society

[05:04:22]SAY: Ghost/Sofo : Its too tempting when you got the best bomb recipe on the server.
Last edited by cultist-chan on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #103657

Guy's name is Sofo (Not solo), by the way, for anyone log diving. Ckey is Sofo.

Can't find any mention of an Abdul Kabab.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
cultist-chan

Post by cultist-chan » #103660

Scones wrote:Guy's name is Sofo (Not solo), by the way, for anyone log diving. Ckey is Sofo.

Can't find any mention of an Abdul Kabab.
His name is IshcabobMohamad/In game Abdul Kabob
SHTC
Byond Username: Seth Hunter

Post by SHTC » #103678

I was a cultist that round, and the round wasn't going to work regardless, half of the cultists had no idea what to do anyways. They weren't cooperating for the most part anyways, Sofo and Abdul only started bombing once the shuttle was literally like 2 minutes from the station. Also, Oldman Robustin was a Shard after he was sacrificed. The other cultists didn't know how to make a shell, and I used my paper on Knockout talismans. The only person who was a semi-competent Cultist was the QM at the time and he just orded guns that none of us went to get and never left Cargo for the most part. I don't think Sofo and Abdul bombing people really made a difference regardless. Before we sacrificed Oldman he was actively making bombs himself, and was even arrested and had his bomb deconstructed by security. This claim by Oldman seems like hes mad because other people got to bomb shit when he wasn't able to. Also, Ishcabob wasn't a Round Start cultist, I think he was just making bombs in toxins that I've seen him do several rounds.
Sofo
Byond Username: Sofo

Post by Sofo » #103687

Now normally I would let this blow over since you are upset at last nights event. But since this is a permanent ban from my favorite game mode, I decided I will actually post for this. Now if any of you want to dig through last nights logs as I cant since I am doing this mobile.

So Oldman, You were the ones who made those bombs right? You did allow us to take a few. Now at roundstart I decided that we would convert Abdul and You since you both happened to have bombs. Other than that I was also targeting people to convert. Now at first glance I would look like some terrorist but I did not waste my bombs at the beginning and I saved my them till we didn't have any options left. You argued with us at the end that we need to be quiet as a cult. We lost that option when someone already tried to paper stun Mekhi so he was aware that there was cult. Our last option was to just cause havoc and get Mekhi in the midst of it and summon Nar-sie. None of our other companions wanted to listen or help out since they just lingered around chapel waiting for a miracle. So I decided to bomb medbay and just test my luck against Mekhi. When I got to medbay, I took off the remote signaler that you put on your bomb and put on a timer I had in my backpack. I was having severe lag spikes and it turns out that I didn't actually put it on and I threw it with the assumption it was a timer and it went off immediately killing me/abdul/you, that was a mistake I couldn't avoid. I can see why you are pissed off but I was legit trying to save this round, I even apologized for it personally(Something I rarely do on this server). If you think this one round is bad. I have a running record of 8 griffed nuke op rounds that would make you uninstall byond. So do not pin me ruining the round when half of our cult didn't communicate or cooperate and you were forced to be a shade when nobody had a construct shell since nobody wanted to research runes and everyone wasted their papers on stun runes and tomes.
Sofo

Post by Sofo » #103689

And if you want to blame me for that first round, It was a stroke of bad luck. I was putting my tome somewhere hidden and obscure in maint and Phoebe and 2 officers seemed to walk in on me and screamed "TOME" and "CULTISTS ON THE STATION" you and anyone else could have had the same problem. So I did not bymyself ruin that round intentionally.
cultist-chan

Post by cultist-chan » #103693

SHTC wrote:I was a cultist that round, and the round wasn't going to work regardless, half of the cultists had no idea what to do anyways. They weren't cooperating for the most part anyways, Sofo and Abdul only started bombing once the shuttle was literally like 2 minutes from the station. Also, Oldman Robustin was a Shard after he was sacrificed. The other cultists didn't know how to make a shell, and I used my paper on Knockout talismans. The only person who was a semi-competent Cultist was the QM at the time and he just orded guns that none of us went to get and never left Cargo for the most part. I don't think Sofo and Abdul bombing people really made a difference regardless. Before we sacrificed Oldman he was actively making bombs himself, and was even arrested and had his bomb deconstructed by security. This claim by Oldman seems like hes mad because other people got to bomb shit when he wasn't able to. Also, Ishcabob wasn't a Round Start cultist, I think he was just making bombs in toxins that I've seen him do several rounds.
Almost at round start

[04:20:04]GAME: Sofo (ckey) has been selected as a cultist
[04:20:04]GAME: Mugiwara Shanks (ckey) has been selected as a cultist
[04:20:04]GAME: Squiliam Fancyson (ckey) has been selected as a cultist
[04:20:04]GAME: IMCRAZEE (ckey) has been selected as a cultist
[04:20:04]GAME: JestonXi (ckey) has been selected as a cultist
[04:20:04]GAME: Seth Hunter (ckey) has been selected as a cultist

Sofo getting caught
[04:37:23]SAY: Mekhi Anderson/Kevinz000 : Lumi is sofo putting bombs in bags and giving them to people fine

TFW Never getting to table Mekhi

[04:48:12]GAME: Bomb valve opened in Fore Primary Hallway(112,146,1) with the timer attacher: <a href='?priv_msg=ishcabobmohamad'>Ishcabob Mohamad</a>/(Abdul Kabob)

Regardless they started going off about 20 minutes near the end of the game and never ceased. From that point on. The explosion sizes were about (5, 10, 20, 0).
Sofo

Post by Sofo » #103698

Yeah, They walked in on us putting them in duffle bags. Mekhi didn't do anything since we convinced them that they were for "testing purposes". Deeper in the log you'll see me say that and Lumi Pharon will "Lumi Pharon me shrugs". Only thing he and lumi did was take the extra tank valves.
Sofo

Post by Sofo » #103699

Besides the point, those were all your bombs too Oldman. You made them.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #103773

That was the only thing we said directly to you. Were we also talking on command chat since you guys were hoading bombs, cutting cameras, gathering in rooms randomly and generally being 10/10 suspicious fucks.

Bombs started going off well before the shuttle was ever called, for no particular reason either.

Also how do you accidentally open the valve on a bomb? The button to start the timer (if it's attached) is completely seperate from 'open valve'.
Sofo

Post by Sofo » #103856

I thought I clicked it but I had intense lag spikes because Abdul thought we needed some more havoc than we already could handle. I am going to just say sorry and appeal this in a week. Its nothing too major to fret about, Sorry for ruining your round Oldman.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #103905

What were your objs?
Oh and gib =/= sac
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #103906

Objectives were sacrifice Mekhi and summon Narsie.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103909

-amendmented-

Didn't the sacrifice objective have a conditional added that means that if you gib the target it counts as saccing? So that shitty cultists didnt gib the captain to kill him, not realising they were meant to sac.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #103910

No, you'll fail by gibbing
So if those guys bombed me, they just screwed their team
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #104329

Sofo wrote:Now normally I would let this blow over since you are upset at last nights event. But since this is a permanent ban from my favorite game mode, I decided I will actually post for this. Now if any of you want to dig through last nights logs as I cant since I am doing this mobile.

So Oldman, You were the ones who made those bombs right? You did allow us to take a few. Now at roundstart I decided that we would convert Abdul and You since you both happened to have bombs. Other than that I was also targeting people to convert. Now at first glance I would look like some terrorist but I did not waste my bombs at the beginning and I saved my them till we didn't have any options left. You argued with us at the end that we need to be quiet as a cult. We lost that option when someone already tried to paper stun Mekhi so he was aware that there was cult. Our last option was to just cause havoc and get Mekhi in the midst of it and summon Nar-sie. None of our other companions wanted to listen or help out since they just lingered around chapel waiting for a miracle. So I decided to bomb medbay and just test my luck against Mekhi. When I got to medbay, I took off the remote signaler that you put on your bomb and put on a timer I had in my backpack. I was having severe lag spikes and it turns out that I didn't actually put it on and I threw it with the assumption it was a timer and it went off immediately killing me/abdul/you, that was a mistake I couldn't avoid. I can see why you are pissed off but I was legit trying to save this round, I even apologized for it personally(Something I rarely do on this server). If you think this one round is bad. I have a running record of 8 griffed nuke op rounds that would make you uninstall byond. So do not pin me ruining the round when half of our cult didn't communicate or cooperate and you were forced to be a shade when nobody had a construct shell since nobody wanted to research runes and everyone wasted their papers on stun runes and tomes.
I made one bomb and unfortunately taught you two how to do the same. It's standard toxins practice to not be overly anal about MUH PROPERTY when science is very communal in nature. So yea, I'm fine with other scientists in toxins taking TTV's and as a fellow scientist I'm not going to chase you around and police your movements - leave that to the RD or security. I don't see how that's relevant at all.

I'm totally open to bombs in cult, but it should be a tactical decision, not just "WELP I THINK WERE LOSING SO GOODBYE CARGO, GOODBYE MEDBAY, GOODBYE US". That's precisely what you two were doing. You were antags and metabuddies, wouldn't surprise me if one of you was voluntarily converted by the other, and with the shiny new bomb recipe I gave you, you were eager to have any excuse to use it. I know that desire, you get some new powerful tactic and you want to use it the first chance you get... and hey cultists are antags right?

While the cult was in pretty poor form (maybe that had something to do with making bombs/bombing all shift instead of converting/researching), it was far from lost. You still had at least 6 living cultists and since it was like 4am, there was no real security threat besides Mekhi. The fact that you were trying to GIB the SACRIFICE TARGET just reinforces how few shits you actually gave about the team's objectives. If Mekhi gibs in a bomb blast it is literally impossible to complete your objectives. The rules tolerate passive/accidental shitting up your antag team, but actively taking steps that are counterproductive to any hope of success are not tolerated. What was bombing the medbay going to accomplish anyway? Why were you so eager to bomb the place that you didn't even notice that you were directly opening a bomb valve?

You can play the "muh spacetimes" card all you want. Lag doesn't cause you to click the "open valve" button.

You can try to cover your tracks here, but Abdul made it pretty clear what your attitudes were, "Lol we had some sick maxcaps and wanted to bomb the station because that's much more fun than boring objective stuff" was pretty much the view Abdul advanced in deadchat and everything you did aligned with that kind of behavior.

There's almost no true permabans here anyway, play some other team antags like Nukeops/Gang/Rev and demonstrate that you aren't a massive shit when it comes to team objectives and with some time passed I'm sure you'll be back to dropping your tome at roundstart in no time.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #112773

This was actually handled awhile ago with bans being handed out, don't remember who did it but this was never updated. It's been resolved for awhile now.