Post by Amnestik » #110089

Your BYOND account: Amnestik
Your character name: Braden Mason
Their character name: Ryder Sealis
Their BYOND account: Metacide
Server and time: Sybil, 11:18PM UTC
Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwwH5o ... view?pli=1

Description of what happened:
So I was randomly arrested and searched by the HoS, Almos Hoples Futur at escape. She found nothing, wouldn't tell me why I'd been arrested (I hadn't done anything at this point) and left my backpack filled belongings on the ground at escape, while putting me in the holding area beside the shuttle while the shuttle timer was at 7 minutes. Wouldn't answer why I was in there. Someone else said that they thought I might've been a changeling, and that's why I was there. Not sure why they'd think that. I'd spent most of my round in botany trying to grow bluespace tomatoes, and helping a couple of people become plantpeople. Anyway, I was eventually released by the HoS after browbeating her enough, after she beat some other guy she'd arrested to death.

With the shuttle on its way, I bought a couple of traitor items to deal with my assassination target if I found them. Went to arrivals pods to see if they were there. Sudden announcement that the shuttle was leaving in the next ten seconds, so I scrambled aboard the nearest pod. Ryder Sealis (Metacide) immediately handcuffed me, and searched me. As far I knew, it was still blue alert. I hadn't done anything to provoke a search. He found the traitors items I'd bought, and proceeded to beat me to death in the pod despite the fact I was handcuffed to a chair and helpless.

Why they should be banned:
As far as I'm aware, the rules haven't changed regarding randomly searching people on blue alert. You still aren't allowed to do it, from what I know. And security officers aren't allowed to murder prisoners without the HoS' permission, and not in situations outside of the brig where the person is already subdued and no longer a threat.

Edit:
Here's the rule.
Security Policy
Lethal and Non-lethal Force
  • Security is to use non-lethal force first when in contact, unless there are significant risks in doing so.
  • Lethal force during contact is authorized when the security force faces a significant risk, now or later, by resorting to non-lethal means.
  • Significant risks may be, but are not limited to; hulks, changelings, nuclear operatives, cultists, revolutionaries, wizards or subverted and/or malfunctioning silicons.
  • Lethal force is not allowed on appropriately subdued threats, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
Last edited by Amnestik on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Ryder Sealis: random search on blue alert/impromptu murd

Post by Lumbermancer » #110098

You are allowed to search under blue alert with probable cause. And under specific circumstances you can summarily execute people as well.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #110103

From your logs.

OOC: Metacide: The botanist who I happened to unturn pockets of tater gear from - were you not the one who was at escape with the HoS? I saw you running away from escape and presumed you'd broken free.

So with that, you're just kinda fucked.
the alert doesn't really matter considering he has a fairly decent excuse here.

Sorry it happened, but that's the game.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110105

Not really, considering the HoS arrested me for no reason. It doesn't excuse his actions.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #110108

I'll comb through the logs in a bit. If there's no reasonable cause for the search, I'll probably ban him from sec for a bit.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #110129

If he thought you'd escaped from the HoS, that's perfectly fine.
Killing you isn't though.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #110130

lumipharon wrote: Killing you isn't though.
He had a gun, and some other traitor crud.
If the search was legit, which it seems to be, then the execution was too. Not his fault, he had reason to be suspicious.
all that's really questionable is why the HoS arrested em in the first place leading to the whole series of events.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #110153

@Vektor- The security did nothing wrong even if a little powergamey, it's on the HOS for FNR creating that situation in the first place. I don't think it's fair to fault a security officer for the HOS's mistake- and a HOS player should know better, you really shouldn't play HOS unless you're experienced with security and don't do shitty things like this HOS apparently did.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #110158

Unless you get permission from the cap/HoS/down the chain of command, you're not permitted to simply execute people, antag or no.
Note this is specifically executions, which doesn't include killing murderboner9000 in the field, but would be catching said murderboner, bringing him to the brig, then killin them.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #110164

lumipharon wrote:Unless you get permission from the cap/HoS/down the chain of command, you're not permitted to simply execute people, antag or no.
Note this is specifically executions, which doesn't include killing murderboner9000 in the field, but would be catching said murderboner, bringing him to the brig, then killin them.
He's got no way to brig them, though. They're on a moving pod. In the event of brigging being impossible, it's okay to kill a capital criminal. Also reasonable if it's impossible to get in contact with the powers that be (which, if you're on a moving pod, is also the case).

Metacide appeared to catch a traitor in a situation where the only possible punishment was execution or letting him go. With that in mind, he's totally allowed to kill him.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #110165

Or you know, leaving him cuffed in his chair, for punishment back at centcomm.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #110167

But then he might greentext!

And you can't have that!
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #110169

Being cuffed doesn't count as escaping.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #110171

Kelenius wrote:Being cuffed doesn't count as escaping.
Nope, Gotta have em in the sec area of the shuttle, you get greentext if you're cuffed elsewhere.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110173

Takeguru wrote:But then he might greentext!

And you can't have that!
My target was still alive, so no fear of that. But it could've been what prompted it.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #110186

> Oh no, this security officer killed a confirmed antagonist and enemy of the corporation, a capital crime!
> People talking the rule seriously that is only enforced by the shittiest of admins.

Seriously? Have we finally reached maximum hugbo x? Whatever happened to the old notion that 'antags have no rules so there are no rules what you do with antags', sans rape? Or even from an IC stance where NT would see them as a walking liability and probably would just kill them anyway in Cencom. Regardless, they'd give zero fucks what you do with an undeconvertable enemy of the corporation.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #110199

Amelius wrote:> Oh no, this security officer killed a confirmed antagonist and enemy of the corporation, a capital crime!
> People talking the rule seriously that is only enforced by the shittiest of admins.

Seriously? Have we finally reached maximum hugbo x? Whatever happened to the old notion that 'antags have no rules so there are no rules what you do with antags', sans rape? Or even from an IC stance where NT would see them as a walking liability and probably would just kill them anyway in Cencom. Regardless, they'd give zero fucks what you do with an undeconvertable enemy of the corporation.
It seems like it's pretty clear admin consensus that execution without permission from chain of command is grounds for a security job ban at the least, unless of course they posed a credible threat and you had no way to detain. Like if the dude was cuffed for example I don't think they would view it as kosher.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110201

Amelius wrote:People talking the rule seriously that is only enforced by the shittiest of admins.
As far as I know this rule has been standard for years and to not enforce it would be a deviation from the norm.

Is it so hard to resist murdering your fellow players after you've caught them because they rolled antag? Maybe you could roleplay with them or something.

Here, I can even quote the rules:
Security Policy
  • Security is to use non-lethal force first when in contact, unless there are significant risks in doing so.
  • Lethal force during contact is authorized when the security force faces a significant risk, now or later, by resorting to non-lethal means.
  • Significant risks may be, but are not limited to; hulks, changelings, nuclear operatives, cultists, revolutionaries, wizards or subverted and/or malfunctioning silicons.
  • Lethal force is not allowed on appropriately subdued threats, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #110225

Amnestik wrote:

Being locked alone on a pod with a confirmed traitor is NOT a standard situation.
Executions

[*]Security reserve the right to carry out executions, without authorization, in the case of potential significant risk or extraordinary circumstances. This includes when the brig is destroyed and securely detaining crew members who pose a threat to the safety of other crew members is impossible
The brig was clearly unavailable.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #110235

I'm fairly sure "extraordinary circumstances" means "they're a changeling and they keep stinging us when we straitjacket them", "they're a wizard and they're cuffed, but I've had ei nath", and so on. The shuttle ride is two minutes, right? Breaking out of cuffs also takes two minutes - one for the chair, one for the handcuffs. And that's if the Officer watching you forgets to buckle you in again. Green/redtext doesn't exist IC, so 'is it a red shuttle tile' shouldn't be on the Officer's mind.

What's Metacide said in his defense?
Boogeyman
Byond Username: Kingofcarrotflowerspt1

Post by Boogeyman » #110241

I was the HoS this round. You are a huge fucking faggot and need to kill yourself.

[22:56:24]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : HELP SCIENCE MAINT
[22:57:25]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : HELP
[22:57:33]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : HELP
[22:58:28]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : HELP ME FAM
[22:58:31]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : LING!
[22:58:43]ATTACK: The Griffin(jud1c470r) stunned Almos Hoples Futur(kingofcarrotflowerspt1) (NEWHP: 80.5)
[22:58:44]ATTACK: The Griffin(jud1c470r) stunned Charles Barkley(chezypoofs) (NEWHP: 96)
[22:58:46]ATTACK: The Griffin(jud1c470r) stunned Gage Franks(boredone) (NEWHP: 100)
[22:59:11]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : He was gonna eat me
[22:59:20]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : The Griffon
[22:59:29]SAY: Almos Hoples Futur/Kingofcarrotflowerspt1 : CHANGELING
[23:02:04]SAY: Almos Hoples Futur/Kingofcarrotflowerspt1 : THE MIME IS A CHANGELING
[23:00:20]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : HOS
[23:00:25]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : I THINK I SAW HIM
[23:00:30]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : WAIT
[23:00:40]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : I think he changed
[23:00:43]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : Into the botanist
[23:01:35]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : There was a couple of ID's in a locker where he ambushed me
[23:01:41]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : One of them was Braden
[23:03:48]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : Sorry Braden
[23:03:52]SAY: Charles Barkley/Chezypoofs : I thought you might be ling

That is why you were originally arrested. The shuttle was coming and from what I remember the brig was bombed/inoperable. I put you in the shuttle brig area and searched you. You were clean but I wasn't going to risk it. Shortly after I found the actual The Griffon. He had some traitor items on him so I beat him to death and spaced his corpse right there. Then I let you go. I didn't give one fuck about your incessant whining, as if that has any effect on me.

God you do know how huge of a faggot you are right? You were an antag and got caught fair and square and here you are, so perpetually butthurt that you are literally requesting someone get banned because they, as a security officer, killed a confirmed traitor. Kill yourself, seriously. I absolutely despise morons like you who use the admins and rules as a tool to enact revenge on other players who have done no wrong aside from inconveniencing you. I'm serious. Kill yourself. Seriously, do you even understand how much of a huge faggot you come across by making this thread? You do realize that the whole purpose of banning someone is to punish them for GRIEFING, right? In what fucking world is a Security Officer performing their job in an exemplary fashion griefing? OH WAHHHHHHHH I DIED AS ANTAG!!! I WAS GRIEFED!!!!! BAN HE NOW!! Guess what faggot, the minute you're caught with some traitor equipment you are VALID SALAD. Don't like it? Then don't enable traitor. God, I despise you. I really do. I wish I could hate you to death.
rdght91 wrote:@Vektor- The security did nothing wrong even if a little powergamey, it's on the HOS for FNR creating that situation in the first place. I don't think it's fair to fault a security officer for the HOS's mistake- and a HOS player should know better, you really shouldn't play HOS unless you're experienced with security and don't do shitty things like this HOS apparently did.
Rot in hell you Redditor piece of trash, you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. I made no mistake because I NEVER make mistakes. I've been playing this game since 2011. Hey guess what that's one year longer then you! Here you are trying to play the "experience" card but it doesn't work on me. Maybe you should actually look at the logs and get a full understanding of the situation before sounding off like a pompous cunt, I do suppose that's too much to expect from a Redditor though. Your opinion is unwanted, uneducated, and unnecessary. You too, need to kill yourself for the betterment of man kind. Die.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #110247

Boogeyman wrote:things
Friendly advice that advocating suicide is the most common way people get blacklisted from the community and that you're at risk of being Rule Zeroed.

(also you sound like a cunt)
Boogeyman
Byond Username: Kingofcarrotflowerspt1

Post by Boogeyman » #110250

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Friendly advice that advocating suicide is the most common way people get blacklisted from the community and that you're at risk of being Rule Zeroed.

Don't care faggot, this is a 4chan based server. If this faggot can't handle being told to kill themselves by an Anonymous online user he should fuck off to bay where hurting someones feelings is against the rules. You too.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #110251

Boogeyman wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Don't care faggot, this is a 4chan based server. If this faggot can't handle being told to kill themselves by an Anonymous online user he should fuck off to bay where hurting someones feelings is against the rules. You too.
I'm not an ironic shitposter. When I say "friendly advice" it means I'm seriously pointing out that the admins ban for that no matter what I think.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #110255

Boogeyman wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Pretty sure this is what Terbs was eventually banned for?
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #110258

Boogeyman wrote:words
Calm down, Jesus.

To keep things relevant: I was in the pod with them, and I think it was a rightful execution.

1. He found tator items on you.
2. There was no brig to bring you to.
3. You could have escaped (freedom implants) and put the people in the pod in danger.

In such a case, I believe that Ryder had the right to execute you.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #110272

lumipharon wrote:Unless you get permission from the cap/HoS/down the chain of command, you're not permitted to simply execute people, antag or no.
Holy shit this isnt Bay. And OP's gone full retard just because he lost. This is a prime example of that "man up" rule.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #110280

rdght91 wrote:
Holy shit this isnt Bay. And OP's gone full retard just because he lost. This is a prime example of that "man up" rule.
You're right, this isn't Bay. This is /tg/. And on /tg/, you do not execute detained prisoners without orders from high up or a very good reason.
Executions
  • Where possible, executions are to be authorized by, in order of availability; Captain/acting Captain → Head of Security → Warden.
  • Security reserve the right to carry out executions, without authorization, in the case of potential significant risk or extraordinary circumstances. This includes when the brig is destroyed and securely detaining crew members who pose a threat to the safety of other crew members is impossible
  • When considering whether to authorize or carry out an execution, consideration should be made to the severity of the crime committed. There are varying degrees of syndicate collaboration, for example.
The circumstances fail on all 3.
TrustyGun wrote:I was in the pod with them, and I think it was a rightful execution.

1. He found tator items on you.
2. There was no brig to bring you to.
3. You could have escaped (freedom implants) and put the people in the pod in danger.
1. Finding tator items is a cause for arrest and detainment (which he already was). It is not grounds for execution. A tator's use of tator items may lead to rightfully killing the tator in the field in self-defense, but this is a moot point because he was already arrested and detained.
2. The purpose of the brig is imprisonment to ensure that the detained do not escape. In a 2-tile pod that is traveling through space, there is nowhere to escape to and the traitor could be considered brigged so long as he was cuffed.
3. "Could have" is a ridiculous argument, and if it were a real justification, it would be grounds for any security member to execute any criminal (which is effectively anyone), anytime, anywhere. If the officer found evidence of a freedom implant (e.g. a freedom implant box in the bag) that could be argued, but that does not seem to be the case.
Last edited by ohnopigeons on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #110290

ohnopigeons wrote:
rdght91 wrote:
You're right, this isn't Bay. This is /tg/. And on /tg/, you do not execute detained prisoners without orders from high up or a very good reason.
Executions
  • Where possible, executions are to be authorized by, in order of availability; Captain/acting Captain → Head of Security → Warden.
  • Security reserve the right to carry out executions, without authorization, in the case of potential significant risk or extraordinary circumstances. This includes when the brig is destroyed and securely detaining crew members who pose a threat to the safety of other crew members is impossible
  • When considering whether to authorize or carry out an execution, consideration should be made to the severity of the crime committed. There are varying degrees of syndicate collaboration, for example.
The circumstances fail on all 3.
DA WIKI wrote:Use of Deadly Force

As a member of the stations Security force you are one of the best armed and protected people on the station, equipped with the almost latest in non-lethal take down technology.
It is for this reason that the situations that warrant the use of Deadly Force are few and far between, in the grand majority of circumstances you will be expected to use your stun weapons, which indeed are many times more effective than lethal options, to diffuse a situation.

However there are certain circumstances where deadly force is permissible:

Code Red Situation - situations which would warrant a Code Red, such as: full blown mutinies, hostile boarding parties, and Space Wizards automatically authorise lethal force.
Note: The Alert Status is not required to be elevated to Code Red as in most of these scenarios the Chain of Command will be too damaged or otherwise occupied to raise the Alert Level.

Non-Lethal Weapons Ineffective - certain targets are impervious to NLWs, such as Mechs, Xenomorphs, Borgs, and Hulks. Lethal force may be used against these targets if they prove hostile.

Severe Personal Risk - sometimes getting close enough to a target to slap the cuffs on will create significant personal risk to the Officer. Deadly force from range is recommended to subdue Wizards and Changelings.

Criminals in hostile environments such as space, fire, or plasma leaks also fall into this category, as do criminals believed to be in possession of high explosives. Ranged lethal force is the only reasonable option in these conditions.

Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally.
Note: Unauthorised personnel in the armory are considered by default to be Armed and Dangerous, maximum force is permitted to subdue such targets.

Multiple Hostiles - it can be extremely difficult to detain multiple hostiles. As a last resort if you are being mobbed you may deploy your baton in a harmful manner to thin the crowd. Generally it is better to retreat and regroup than stand your ground.

I'd say the killing filled at least three of those.
Edit: Also, lethal force in the field =/= Execution. Different circumstances entirely.
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #110292

Akkryls wrote:
DA WIKI wrote:Use of Deadly Force

As a member of the stations Security force you are one of the best armed and protected people on the station, equipped with the almost latest in non-lethal take down technology.
It is for this reason that the situations that warrant the use of Deadly Force are few and far between, in the grand majority of circumstances you will be expected to use your stun weapons, which indeed are many times more effective than lethal options, to diffuse a situation.

However there are certain circumstances where deadly force is permissible:

Code Red Situation - situations which would warrant a Code Red, such as: full blown mutinies, hostile boarding parties, and Space Wizards automatically authorise lethal force.
Note: The Alert Status is not required to be elevated to Code Red as in most of these scenarios the Chain of Command will be too damaged or otherwise occupied to raise the Alert Level.

Non-Lethal Weapons Ineffective - certain targets are impervious to NLWs, such as Mechs, Xenomorphs, Borgs, and Hulks. Lethal force may be used against these targets if they prove hostile.

Severe Personal Risk - sometimes getting close enough to a target to slap the cuffs on will create significant personal risk to the Officer. Deadly force from range is recommended to subdue Wizards and Changelings.

Criminals in hostile environments such as space, fire, or plasma leaks also fall into this category, as do criminals believed to be in possession of high explosives. Ranged lethal force is the only reasonable option in these conditions.

Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally.
Note: Unauthorised personnel in the armory are considered by default to be Armed and Dangerous, maximum force is permitted to subdue such targets.

Multiple Hostiles - it can be extremely difficult to detain multiple hostiles. As a last resort if you are being mobbed you may deploy your baton in a harmful manner to thin the crowd. Generally it is better to retreat and regroup than stand your ground.

I'd say the killing filled at least three of those.
Please specify which three, my count is at a big fat zero.
Akkryls wrote:Edit: Also, lethal force in the field =/= Execution. Different circumstances entirely.
That is correct. However, as the traitor was already arrested and detained during the execution, the circumstances cannot be considered to be the "field".
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #110294

Eh, maybe two then. But still, hostile environment and armed and dangerous.
You're in a two tile pod with no room to maneuver, some guy has a stash of traitor gear and as far as you know could have implants or explosives in his person. Why risk your own goddamn health when they're a danger risk? It's pretty common for traitors to get on shuttles with max cap bombs, chemistry death-nades or bags of holding.

Personally I would've just chucked him out the back of the pod and save myself the effort of beating him to death.
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #110297

Akkryls wrote:Eh, maybe two then. But still, hostile environment and armed and dangerous.
You're in a two tile pod with no room to maneuver, some guy has a stash of traitor gear and as far as you know could have implants or explosives in his person. Why risk your own goddamn health when they're a danger risk? It's pretty common for traitors to get on shuttles with max cap bombs, chemistry death-nades or bags of holding.
The two tile pod is as much of a bane to the traitor as the officer, if not more. Ranged weapons are impossible to use, security officers are equipped with stun batons. The pod was also filled with other people; disarms are abound for any hostilities.
But all of this doesn't matter, because, for better or worse, the officer already took the proactive action of cuffing the traitor.
Amnestik wrote:Ryder Sealis (Metacide) immediately handcuffed me, and searched me.
Which renders any max cap bombs, death-nades, and bags of holding impossible to use. The only danger would be implants, and I am not aware of any that are particularly lethal to others. This knowledge might be a little meta but even more meta is the assumption that they might even have implants in the first place.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110307

if he had a freedom implant then it would be easy to pull the trigger on your bombs. Not to mention voice analyzer signaller assemblies are the thing
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #110313

Wyzack wrote:if he had a freedom implant then it would be easy to pull the trigger on your bombs. Not to mention voice analyzer signaller assemblies are the thing
To which I have responded:
ohnopigeons wrote:3. "Could have" is a ridiculous argument, and if it were a real justification, it would be grounds for any security member to execute any criminal (which is effectively anyone), anytime, anywhere. If the officer found evidence of a freedom implant (e.g. a freedom implant box in the bag) that could be argued, but that does not seem to be the case.
Also
Amnestik wrote:With the shuttle on its way, I bought a couple of traitor items to deal with my assassination target if I found them.
Amnestik wrote:...I scrambled aboard the nearest pod. Ryder Sealis (Metacide) immediately handcuffed me, and searched me.
If I'm reading this right, there were no bombs. or other such Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the officer was aware of such.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #110337

Boogeyman wrote:I'm insecure in my masculinity, so I'll call you all f*ggot and tell you to commit suicide. I hope it works!
Here you go.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #110366

Haha time for rulings

As far as the random search goes, it's not worth much more than a note and a warning.

The search on the pod was reasonable given that he would be stuck in a 2x1 space with a potential criminal for ~2 minutes, with no way to get out. Can't really blame him for wanting to make sure he's okay. After finding the traitor items, that made you valid for execution. Technically, all executions need to go through the HoS or Captain, but given the scenario (again, 2x1 escape pod), there was no way to safely keep you arrested in a way that would prevent you from doing harm, so I can see it as reasonable here.

Outcome: Almos Hoples Futur warned and noted for Blue Alert random search nevermind someone tipped him off, Ryder Sealis' actions were covered under exceptions to the execution rules and as such legal.
Last edited by Vekter on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #110369

But it wasn't random when the HoS nabbed him originally, Charles Barkley accused him.
should he really get a note for acting on bad info?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #110371

Falamazeer wrote:But it wasn't random when the HoS nabbed him originally, Charles Barkley accused him.
should he really get a note for acting on bad info?
Ah, I missed that. My bad.
Spoiler:

Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110505

Vekter wrote:The search on the pod was reasonable given that he would be stuck in a 2x1 space with a potential criminal for ~2 minutes
What made me a potential criminal? The HoS had released me about three minutes after he wordlessly arrested me, searched me, left my bag in the hall and put me in the shuttle holding area with 7 minutes still to go before the shuttle arrived. This was done over a single uncertain accusation made based on circumstantial evidence that actually had nothing to do with me.
Vekter wrote:After finding the traitor items, that made you valid for execution. Technically, all executions need to go through the HoS or Captain, but given the scenario (again, 2x1 escape pod), there was no way to safely keep you arrested in a way that would prevent you from doing harm, so I can see it as reasonable here.
I was handcuffed to a chair. I'd already been searched. There was nothing I could do.

I'm pretty the "execution" was done out of spite/the quest for redtext/validseeking, as opposed to fear for personal safety.
Last edited by Amnestik on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110506

Boogeyman wrote:You are a huge fucking faggot and need to kill yourself.

God you do know how huge of a faggot you are right? You were an antag and got caught fair and square and here you are, so perpetually butthurt that you are literally requesting someone get banned because they, as a security officer, killed a confirmed traitor. Kill yourself, seriously. I absolutely despise morons like you who use the admins and rules as a tool to enact revenge on other players who have done no wrong aside from inconveniencing you. I'm serious. Kill yourself. Seriously, do you even understand how much of a huge faggot you come across by making this thread? You do realize that the whole purpose of banning someone is to punish them for GRIEFING, right? In what fucking world is a Security Officer performing their job in an exemplary fashion griefing? OH WAHHHHHHHH I DIED AS ANTAG!!! I WAS GRIEFED!!!!! BAN HE NOW!! Guess what faggot, the minute you're caught with some traitor equipment you are VALID SALAD. Don't like it? Then don't enable traitor. God, I despise you. I really do. I wish I could hate you to death.

Rot in hell you Redditor piece of trash, you have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. I made no mistake because I NEVER make mistakes. I've been playing this game since 2011. Hey guess what that's one year longer then you! Here you are trying to play the "experience" card but it doesn't work on me. Maybe you should actually look at the logs and get a full understanding of the situation before sounding off like a pompous cunt, I do suppose that's too much to expect from a Redditor though. Your opinion is unwanted, uneducated, and unnecessary. You too, need to kill yourself for the betterment of man kind. Die.
This should needs to be a copypasta.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #110507

Amnestik wrote:What made me a potential criminal? The HoS had released me about three minutes after he wordlessly arrested me, searched me, left my bag in the hall and put me in the shuttle holding area with 7 minutes still to go before the shuttle arrived. This was done over a single uncertain accusation made based on circumstantial evidence that actually had nothing to do with me.
How exactly do you expect security to verify that an accusation is based in fact? Perhaps by searching the accused?
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #110509

It was the lack of an explanation, the blatant disregard for my property and throwing me in the holding pen indefinitely without an explanation that really sealed the deal that they were shitcurity. It's the "guilty until proven innocent" thing that really irked me. Anyway, she wordlessly released me about three minutes after the accusations were proven false, so I was no longer considered a criminal. Meaning the search on the pod was indeed random.

The other point I made, about the lack of the necessity of the execution, still stands.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #110510

Amnestik wrote: The other point I made, about the lack of the necessity of the execution, still stands.
No it does not. You're not going to get a person banned for killing you when you were a confirmed antag and trying to do so represents everything that's wrong with the community here.

Get a bigger straw or find somewhere else that caters to that playstyle.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #110595

Holy fuck dude take a break
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #110628

Scones wrote:

Holy fuck dude take a break
Gonna be denied an0n3 amendment posting right on this but I feel it has to be said to backup scones...

Dude, Right or wrong, calm the hell down you're gonna get an ulcer.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #110728

Okay, so as far as the initial search goes, that's been tossed out.

I can't confirm whether or not Sealis knew that you were suspected of being a traitor, but if I was sec and someone I knew we were watching for walked into a pod with me, I'd search them. As far as the execution, you were a traitor, you got caught with traitor items. Was it cool for him to kill you? Probably not. Was it against the rules? No.

Marking this resolved.
Spoiler: