RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Dana Rey - Allowing murder, being shit

Post by RedMcCloud » #110896

Your byond account: Red McCloud
Your character name: Kolt Saudwell
Their character name: Dana Rey
Server and time: Sibyl, approx. 8:30 - 9:00 P.M. Western Coast
Logs and/or screenshots: I dc'ed, Vekter told me the admins have them anyways.
Description of what happened: Oh boy here we go.

Escape was jam-packed with Corgis. People were swearing and hitting each other. I was still salty from being left to die by a dumb doctor name Sofia, and I was wearing a miner hardsuit. Some assistant was beating the chaplain to death with a pickaxe, so I swooped in, disarmed them, and used the pickaxe to beat THEM. 'I am the law' Officer Dana Rey tazed me, yelled 'NO FIGHTING' or something like that, and let the assistant go free. A couple minutes later, the assistant beat the chaplain to death and punched me, so I responded by toolboxing them. Dana Rey tazed me, cuffed me, started acting all snide 'Heh. Mhmm. Suuure." < that kinda shit when I was telling them what happened, and dragged me off to the Brig. They put me into the (airless) escape pod, said 'Here we go!' and tried to push me out the broken window, but I kept walking against them. They left me in the escape pod to suffocate, and a short while later came back. I pushed my way past them, tried to beg the warden for help (they didn't care), and Dana tried to put some internals on me so they could space me again. They gave up, started to drag me to the shuttle ((causing me to say 'yeah you're definitely getting banned) and giving Saegrimir a reason to ban me which actually gave me time to calm down so i'm thankful for that, but I do find it suspicious that he went offline RIGHT BEFORE my ban ended but this is all for another report so whatevs) and after that it's all fuzzy (good ol' memory issues) but I know I died shortly afterward.

Why they should be banned: They obviously displayed how they were completely incompetent at doing anything security related, and as such should warrant at least a job ban. People say I'm a bad security member!
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Re: Dana Rey - Allowing murder, being shit

Post by rdght91 » #110898

used the pickaxe to beat THEM. 'I am the law' Officer Dana Rey tazed me, yelled 'NO FIGHTING' or something like that, and let the assistant go free. A couple minutes later, the assistant beat the chaplain to death and punched me, so I responded by toolboxing them.
Think about this from their perspective. All they saw is you repeatedly trying to kill someone. That's kinda the risk you take if you take stuff into your own hands.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #110901

I'd logged on to remove another person's ban, and got an ahelp about some OOC in IC. You turned what would have just been a warning into a 15 minute ban with your "WOW I BET YOU'RE HIS METAFRIEND" comment instead of "Okay".
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #110904

It's Dana 'Ray' not Rey
At least typically.
OOC name is 'Aranclaus' according to some old log samples I had sitting around.

Also, and while they aren't real regular as security I do see them, and vouch for them under normal circumstances being fairly reasonable as an officer.
but it sounds like just bad timing on what they happened to stumble upon and what it may have looked like out of context making you seem like the aggressor, it happens to even the best of officers, mind reading is hard over interwebs especially.
Spoiler:
RedMcCloud wrote:Your byond account: Red McCloud
Your character name: Kolt Saudwell
People say I'm a bad security member!
bwahahaha
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #110935

RedMcCloud wrote:((causing me to say 'yeah you're definitely getting banned)
Please apply a ban to Red McCloud for violating roleplay policy and OOC in IC
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #110936

Cheridan wrote:
RedMcCloud wrote:((causing me to say 'yeah you're definitely getting banned)
Please apply a ban to Red McCloud for violating roleplay policy and OOC in IC
That would normally be like a 15 minute ban. I think a warning suffices.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #111051

rdght91 wrote:
used the pickaxe to beat THEM. 'I am the law' Officer Dana Rey tazed me, yelled 'NO FIGHTING' or something like that, and let the assistant go free. A couple minutes later, the assistant beat the chaplain to death and punched me, so I responded by toolboxing them.
Think about this from their perspective. All they saw is you repeatedly trying to kill someone. That's kinda the risk you take if you take stuff into your own hands.
You'd think IC knowledge would an be easy thing to grasp. I think at least 80% of "shitcurity" insults thrown at me are justified with hindsight alone.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #111058

Sounds like Dana Ray was acting really shitty.

Perhaps you could concentrate on that instead of the far more minor issue of IC in OOC that OP was already punished for.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #111651

My fondest memory of Dana Ray was spending literally 15 minutes gathering signed/stamped paperwork for the HoP so that I could have EVA access because MUH BUREAUCRACY. This was from roundstart too, so its not like I had a record or anything, just gathering goddamn paperwork from CE multiple times.

Then I walk over to EVA and step inside, putting on a suit when the HoS Dana Ray saunters by, sees me, and wordlessly comes after me, stunning, cuffing, ignoring anything I said about "having access" or "ask the HoP or CE I got access added". Then she drags me to armory, strips me naked, and holds me there for close to 10 minutes while needlessly stunning and harassing me. Even when HoP confirmed on radio that I had access (which was hard since she took my radio in the strip search), she didn't buy it, HoP literally had to bring signed paperwork to the brig before I could get released for a goddamn space suit.

That wasn't the first time something like that had happened either, it was some of the barest shitcurity/metagrudging I've ever seen someone get away with here. She loved the tactic of "I can ruin your ruin by keeping you here for 20-30 minutes as part of an "investigation" because I don't like you".

Seeing them act like that in this instance is not surprising, "Yea Mhmm Sure" was her go-to response during that EVA arrest I mentioned and seems to be among her top shitcurity tactics of "I can't be held accountable for mistreating you as long as I don't state a reason for my behavior, I can always come up with a better excuse in hindsight".
LdShade
Byond Username: LdShade

Post by LdShade » #118605

Just in a recent round, Dana Ray was the warden in a confirmed blob round and shot and arrested anyone going near the armory. She continued after the crew shouted at her that she was helping the blob.

In another round (a wizard round with 3 slaughter demons that were slaughtering the crew), she arrested someone returning a gun someone else stole from the armory, later in escape she lasered the HoP and a janiborg (that was the main help in stopping the slaughter demons) to death without saying anything and only claimed after the round ended that she killed the HoP because he could blood jaunt (he ate a demon heart and told everyone over the radio) and killed the borg because she "thought the AI was subverted", the AI wasn't and showed no signs of being subverted, the borg actively helped stopped the slaughter demons from killing the crew, at no point in the round did anyone accuse the AI of being rogue, the borg tried to stop Dana from murdering the innocent HoP.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #118607

edit: wait nvm fuck
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #118968

LdShade wrote:Just in a recent round, Dana Ray was the warden in a confirmed blob round and shot and arrested anyone going near the armory. She continued after the crew shouted at her that she was helping the blob.

In another round (a wizard round with 3 slaughter demons that were slaughtering the crew), she arrested someone returning a gun someone else stole from the armory, later in escape she lasered the HoP and a janiborg (that was the main help in stopping the slaughter demons) to death without saying anything and only claimed after the round ended that she killed the HoP because he could blood jaunt (he ate a demon heart and told everyone over the radio) and killed the borg because she "thought the AI was subverted", the AI wasn't and showed no signs of being subverted, the borg actively helped stopped the slaughter demons from killing the crew, at no point in the round did anyone accuse the AI of being rogue, the borg tried to stop Dana from murdering the innocent HoP.
Give me dates and times for these incidents.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #118973

One of the borgs in the blob round here, Dana was definitely going after anyone who tried to arm up to fight the blobs. Found the date/time in the public logs, round starts around 19:47 on the 13th. I searched everywhere I could think of for the guns and didn't get anything, iirc it was someone in OOC after the round who said she's had them in her backpack.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #118988

I just got out of a round where Dana, as a lawyer, smacked me to death with a briefcase while I was cuffed for boxing with people while wearing boxing gloves. Not an antag.
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #119003

Right so, I somewhat remember how this was.
I was in escape, there was no gravity and filled with corgis so movement was a fucking pain, the shuttle was coming and it was about to arrive, three or four minutes. So I see this miner hitting someone and I stun him, take his pickaxe and yell NO FIGHTING or something, basically like the OP said.
The guy then grabs a toolbox and starts hitting him again, so here I stun him, handcuff him and decide to take him to the brig because I didn't feel like handling a prisoner there with no gravity and corgis.
My plan was to leave him in the pod and come back to escape, but when I enter in the pod, I find that the window is broken, leading to space. I stand there panicking for one or two seconds until I somehow leave him in the airless pod with the hardsuit and manage to escape closing the door behind me. When I was leaving security I think 'hey maybe he didn't have internals', so I check the text logs and see a 'Kolr Saudwell gasps!' message next to mine, so I instantly go back to the pod.
I open the door, he pushes me, runs a bit in the brig, I take him again and try to put his internals on, but it wasn't working for whatever reason so I decide to go to escape with him. In front of botany there was a guy with an ebow and a laser sword, so I stop pulling him and leave him on his own while I fight this dude, I end up killing the bad dude. Then I go to the shuttle and I don't really remember what else happened, I don't even know if I took the shuttle or not, but I don't think there was anything else between us two.
Next round I was still playing I'm not sure why the admin said that I wasn't.

I don't think I did anything too crazy, I adminhelped when he said ((causing me to say 'yeah you're definitely getting banned)). This was when I was taking him back to escape.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119086

oh it's AYYYYYYYYYYRanclanos. This explains everything.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #119574

I don't think OP's request is actionable.

I still need to look over the blob one but what happened with the briefcase one. May as well explain the blob one while we're at it.
Spoiler:
[19:37:07]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:08]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:19]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:20]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:21]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:22]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:23]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:24]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:24]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:25]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:27]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:28]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:29]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with Space Law(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:34]ATTACK: JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) punched Dana Ray(aranclanos) (NEWHP: 100)
[19:37:40]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:42]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 61)
[19:37:42]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 45)
[19:37:47]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 37)
[19:37:48]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 29)
[19:37:49]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 29)
[19:37:50]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 29)
[19:37:51]ATTACK: Dana Ray(aranclanos) attacked JOHN CENA(drpillzredux) with briefcase(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 4.99998)
[19:37:54]ATTACK: The Last Starfighter(deskdrawer) stunned Dana Ray(aranclanos) (NEWHP: 100)
[19:37:58]ATTACK: The Last Starfighter(deskdrawer) handcuffed Dana Ray(aranclanos) (NEWHP: 100)
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #119643

>Beating someone to death because of a single punch.
Quality escalation.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #120618

The JOHN CENA thing was at roundstart, the guy was punching random people in the hallways and a borg was trying to stop him. Once stunned on the floor i started poking him with the space law item, doing no damage and only that 'tap' sound, making the book sprite appear on the dude.
Anyways the borg didn't handcuff him because he didn't felt like, so the guy got up and punched me on his roundstart crazyness of i must punch everyone, the borg this time stopped him to handcuff him, and I started hitting him with my briefcase (or I started to do it before the borg stun). Anyways apparently i did 64 dmg because the briefcase does 8, and I hit 8 times, at the moment I didn't know though. He was already in half health because of all the punching and when he went to crit he instantly succumbed and apparently didn't adminhelp, nor next round when he 'realised' -by his statment in ooc- that I wasn't an antag.
When the guy died, the borg stunned me and handcuffed me, there was another assistant there who saw the situation and I just started to the borg that he killed him (i was blaming the borg that the borg itself commited the murder) I thiiink the assistant did the same, but I can't be sure, this happened a few weeks ago and it lasted 30~ seconds. The borg went OH GOD I KILLED SOMEONE or something like that, forgot about me and took the dude somewhere else, which I assume it was medbay.

Anyways because of the sillyiness of the situation I'd like to see a ban on DrPillzRedux for ban baiting, with the whole punch random people at roundstart and instantly succumbing, rushing to avoid adminhelps and trying to stir up shit in the forums trying to ban someone. Though I think he's just doing it for funsies or something idk.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #120619

Anyways because of the sillyiness of the situation I'd like to see a ban on DrPillzRedux for ban baiting, with the whole punch random people at roundstart and instantly succumbing, rushing to avoid adminhelps and trying to stir up shit in the forums trying to ban someone. Though I think he's just doing it for funsies or something idk.
Was he punching people with his bare fists or was he using boxing gloves?
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #120621

LdShade wrote:Just in a recent round, Dana Ray was the warden in a confirmed blob round and shot and arrested anyone going near the armory. She continued after the crew shouted at her that she was helping the blob.
i can confirm this, i was the ai that round. we let her know on mutliple occasions that there was a blob and that people needed the shit in the armory but she continued to arrest people with sometimes lethal weapons until the end. i dont have any other specific examples but i've just generally seen her being a shit on a great deal of other occasions.
Aranclanos wrote: Anyways because of the sillyiness of the situation I'd like to see a ban on DrPillzRedux for ban baiting, with the whole punch random people at roundstart and instantly succumbing, rushing to avoid adminhelps and trying to stir up shit in the forums trying to ban someone. Though I think he's just doing it for funsies or something idk.
you beat a guy to death for using boxing gloves and you want HIM banned...for ban baiting? are you fucking serious? dana ray is one of the very few people i have learned to avoid on the station for being tippy-top tier shitcurity. the whole "mhm yeah sure" thing while holding for bullshit reasons also rings more than a few jimmy-rustling bells. i need to start keeping better track of this kind of bullshit so i can do more than just say "[person] has been shit a bunch of times!" without stories to back them up, i know, but i can state with a clear conscious that i have both seen and received more than a fair share of grief from aran.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #120837

Let me get this straight here.

I punch you with boxing gloves on, you execute me, as a lawyer, with a briefcase. Even if you didn't know I had damage, you took over half my health. As a lawyer.

I do not adminhelp because I'm not a fucking crybaby in a situation like that.

I comment on a ban request involving you because you escalated over something minor, straight to murder. Something that should be noted in a ban request where people want evidence of you being a horrible dude. All I post is a very short account of what you did.

And you want me banned for banbaiting?

Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #120911

You can't claim murder if you succumb. You can claim critting but not murder.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120922

Kelenius wrote:You can't claim murder if you succumb. You can claim critting but not murder.
Yeah but the point is that it's a character reference in an unrelated ban request. DrPillz is not making a ban request because "Waaah aran killed me", he's popping into a seperate ban request saying "This guy is a shitter, look."
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #121612

OP's request wasn't actionable, the blob one was apparently in a grey area, the suit case one not justified and was given a dayban for.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.