Requests which have been closed
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Mike Slimelings - Spacing disk on an ops round

Post by Amelius » #123367

Your byond account: Amelius
Your character name: Emily Ranger
Their character name: Mike Slimelings
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): ???
Server and time: 12:30 PM-ish EST.

Description of what happened:

Okay, so nuke ops round lowpop. Nuke ops fluke hard and die to a combined crew effort. Mike Slimelings the disk holder and all-access HoS-assistant-something that broke into the Captain's office and took the disk, since we had no Cap. All throughout the ordeal, he acted like a complete autist, running around in circles constantly, trying to shoot themselves/the bartender in the mouth on the bridge and so forth. Then, the REAL Captain joins (Leo Pleifer), they get into a fight for some reason, eventually escalating to lasers. Meanwhile I'm just screaming for the two of them to stop - after all the ops were mostly dead and ALL we had to do was secure the disk and get to the shuttle. The Captain tried ordering myself or anyone that would listen to arrest the 'pseudo-HoS', but I didn't exactly want to assault the disk-carrier in a nuke ops round. So, fearing a ban, I tried to play peacekeeper, helping either of them up whenever one was stunned and trying to keep them apart.

Regardless, at a point on the shuttle the conflict mostly winds down. Mike continues to run around in circles on the shuttle while the Captain goes elsewhere. Regardless, right before the shuttle docked at Centcom, he immediately ran into the little cordoned off SW area. Given that the other two airlocks were stacked with people, I feared that he'd try spacing himself. Lo and behold, he beelines for the airlock. I block him on harm intent and push him back - surely it can't be too tough to keep him ON THE SHUTTLE for 30~ more seconds, I thought.

I try to drag him away from the airlock, but I fail to. I barely manage to get in front of him a second time, I get batted out of the shuttle, and he follows. Syndicate minor victory.

Why they should be banned:

Spacing the disk on an ops round.
DNS
Byond Username: DarkNightSin

Re: Mike Slimelings - Spacing disk on an ops round

Post by DNS » #123376

A little input for what its worth, as one of the ops that round, there was no way in hell we possibly should've won that in any sense. I did not witness the captain spacing the disk personally, but I think his claims were that space wind pushed both him and Amelius out, which is, afaik, not very powerful on a shuttle mid transit, if present at all.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #123391

DNS wrote:A little input for what its worth, as one of the ops that round, there was no way in hell we possibly should've won that in any sense. I did not witness the captain spacing the disk personally, but I think his claims were that space wind pushed both him and Amelius out, which is, afaik, not very powerful on a shuttle mid transit, if present at all.
It wasn't the Captain that had/spaced the disk, it was some all-access assistant or HoS or something.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #123486

I just remember that all of a sudden during the shuttle everyone was firing stuff.

If he worked his ass off protecting the disk then the captain STILL wants to be a dick and arrest him, I personally think he has more than enough reason to be able to say " well fuck you too " and space the disk while everyone has safely escaped. If I recall correctly, Server policy says you can help antags given that you have good IC reason to [and it isn't frequent]. Saving the station only for them to try to CRUCIFY HE afterwards sounds like this fits really nice into that.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #123487

I don't think there's any space wind at all in the shuttle barring the ship being blown up by a bomb. I've seen people stand on the edge of the shuttle and not fall off.

Either you have to intentionally walk off the shuttle, or someone has to push you off.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #123498

There's a shitload of space wind on the shuttle yo - it's just the total volume of air is fairly low, so if there's a breach the wind dies down quite quickly.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #123576

Are we really making a ban req about how endround text showed minor victory for the syndies despite them being cucked out of an actual win anyway.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.