TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Godo Schittgablerstrasse - Bombing a room full of people

Post by lumipharon » #123521

Their character name: Godo Schittgablerstrasse
Byond accound: UnconqueredSun
My name: Lumi Pharon
Time occured: Just now.
Why you think they should be banned: Bombed a room full of people as a non antagonist to get revenge on me.

Details: After upgrading the ore machine as a scientist doing R&D, I collect all the minerals, and put them in a locker to take back to R&D.
Godo the chemist then runs up, steals ALL the diamonds, and almost all the gold, and fucks off with them.

He turns it all into floor tiles and a statue for chemistry, meaning I can't do my damn job.
I ask for the diamonds back (I had a few bars of gold still), but he ignores me/tells me to fuck off.
I call for sec, but they just ignore me, so I decon the fridge and try to decon the diamond statue, to retrieve atleast some of the diamonds (he turned the rest into floor tiles).
He starts pushing me around/dragging the statue to stop me, and a sec officer finally arrives. I tell him what happened, he says there is no crime, then proceeds to arrest me and drag me to the brig, when I continue to try decon the statue.
After the QM frees me from the retarded officer, I go back to the chem lab, stab godo in the eyes until he falls down (NOT CRIT), then unsecure the statue and drag it back to R&D.

Literally like, half an hour later, after I distributed NVG's to fight the slings/upgrade all of medbay/other cute sci girl things, godo runs into R&D, where the RD, roboticist, another scientist and myself are all standing, and throws an explosive grenade at us.
The grenade blows a hold in R&D, destroying most of the machines, killing me, himself and severely wounding the others.
He then proceeds to crow about it in deadchat.

So yeah. Not valid escalation (especially since he's the fuck that stole from me to start with), and even if it was he was a non antag bombing a room full of people.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added byond account name
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Godo Schittgablerstrasse - Bombing a room full of people

Post by imblyings » #123579

Spoiler:
[04:30:38]ADMIN: HELP: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): what the actual fuck is wrong with that chemist - heard by 4 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[04:31:15]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): he jsut bombed R&D, blew it all up and murdered me.
[04:32:14]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse): Got a minute?
[04:32:45]ADMIN: PM: UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): Well yeah, I'm dead.
[04:33:02]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse): What was the deal with you, Lumi and the bomb?
[04:33:10]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : Fucker just ran in and suicide bombed science
[04:33:38]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : yeah seems like a bit much for simple revenge/escalation.
[04:34:42]ADMIN: PM: UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): I blinged up my chemistry lab with some gold and diamonds, Lumi flips her shit and starts attacking me, she stabs my eyes out and dismantles the fridge, then taunts me like an asshole about it. Call it Karma if you will.
[04:35:13]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse): Well, that seems rather odd of Lumi, I will ask her why she did that.
[04:35:14]ADMIN: PM: UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): I do apologize for the collatoral damage.
[04:36:12]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): So he says you attacked fim for no raisin when you saw he had diamonds and gold in his lab. I'm assuming he's paraphrasing a bit here. Why did you attack him at that time?
[04:36:20]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : >no reason
[04:36:26]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : >wasted diamonds
[04:36:29]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): I will explain the full story in detail.
[04:37:10]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : Well, yeah it's shitty to do, but it's probably not the best reason to beat someone up. However this bombing was ridiculous.
[04:37:12]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): Miner gets minerals. I withdraw them and put them in a locker. The chemist comes, and steals ALL THE GOLD, and ALL THE DIAMONDS. Then runs off and turns them into floor tiles and statues. See: gold plated chemistry lab.
[04:37:39]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): I demand the diamonds back since I need to to finish R&D. He tells me to fuck off, and I get arrested when I try decon the sstatue to get the diamonds back.
[04:37:42]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): Ah, so he stole it right from you then?
[04:38:14]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): The QM lets me go after the sec officer slips on a banana, I go back to chem, stab godo in the eyes until he falls over (not crit), then steal the statue and go back to R&D.
[04:38:35]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): about TWENTY MINUTES LATER he runs inro R&D, and bombs like 4 people, and blows up the lab, also killing me.
[04:39:00]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): yes, he started the whoel thing by stealing all the fucking minerals to build gold floor tiles for chemistry.
[04:39:05]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): Ok, yeah. You were totally valid to give him a beating. I'll talk to him about that bombing
[04:39:54]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse): So according to Lumi, you took the gold and diamonds right from her. is there any truth to this?
[04:40:14]ADMIN: PM: UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): Somewhat. I took them from the machine.
[04:41:31]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : is a ban ok for this bombing? It seems super shit.
[04:42:09]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : anyone have any inpute?
[04:42:15]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) : what happened sorry
[04:42:17]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) : I wasnt following
[04:43:02]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : Chemist stole scientist gold and diamonds to make floor tiles, scientist attacked the chemist later and took his fridge apart or something so chemist bombed research killing scientist
[04:43:03]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : a guy bombed R&D after stealing gold and diamonds from them. The RD beat him up to get the diamonds and gold back, but he still rekt all of R&D and caused a lot of collateral.
[04:43:20]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : also killed the RD in the bombing
[04:43:32]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : no rd wasnt dead
[04:43:43]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : oh, Lumi said she died. My bad
[04:43:47]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : Just crit I think ort knocked out
[04:43:48]ADMIN: PM: UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): I do apologize for anyone else caught in the blast. I probably should have waited til she was alone.
[04:43:59]ADMIN: Tsaricide/(Ronald Jerome) : No he was walking around so he was just knocked out
[04:44:21]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : Ok, I was a little to trusting of the player's words on that then
[04:44:43]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) : yeah thats a shit reason to bomb
[04:44:47]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) : how bad was the bomb
[04:44:55]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : but yeah, blowing up R&D and getting other people involved in his revenge seems pretty pretty
[04:45:14]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : not a hull breacher, but it did break a fair amount of shit and knocked people out.
[04:45:24]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : people who weren't involved
[04:45:28]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) : If the guy is a known shitbird give him a ban
[04:45:35]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) : otherwise a warning will probably do
[04:45:58]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : oh he only has like 6 notes
[04:46:10]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : I'm gunna check his connections, see how longs he's been playing
[04:46:34]ADMIN: Ikarrus/(Travis Murray) played sound Zoltan (Explore).lite.ogg
[04:46:53]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : oh he's pretty new. Only 133 connections
[04:47:04]ADMIN: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos) : I will give him a warning and a note then.
[04:48:04]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse): Alright, we're gunna let you off this time, however bombing is not something that should be part of petty revenge. Don't do something that uncalled for in the future ok?
[04:48:20]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse): that shouldn't
[04:48:35]ADMIN: PM: UnconqueredSun/(Godo Schittgablerstrasse)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): Alright, if you say so.
[04:49:56]ADMIN: HELP: Lumipharon/(Lumipharon): so did Godo get banned? Otherwise I'll stick a request up. - heard by 4 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[04:50:42]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Lemonlord)->Lumipharon/(Lumipharon): He was pretty new and hasn't done much bad in the past, so we gave him a warning on this one. He may not have known better.
[04:51:19]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumipharon)->Lemonlord/(Lemonlord): he made a bomb. You don't do that unless you have actual understanding of what you're doing.
[04:51:57]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): He knew what he was doing with his chems, but he might not know better as far as the rules of escalation and such go.
[04:52:40]ADMIN: PM: Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon)->Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos): Ignorance of the rules doesn't excuse someone. Also he bombed A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE. Even if the escalation was valid, that is not.
[04:54:41]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): Well it wasn't solely my decision, we hashed it out. Me Ikkarus and Tsar. I agree it was really shitty, but we decided against it.
[04:55:55]ADMIN: PM: Lemonlord/(Jiron Amos)->Lumipharon/(Lumi Pharon): Tsar wasn't part of the hashing so much, just helped me explain the situation.
I suppose lemonlord is a trialmin so whatever but the assumption he was basing his judgement off was wrong, Godo's ckey is linked to a bunch more ckeys and there's literally no excuse for that horrible escalation. I'm gonna talk to lemon a bit before I close this.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #123588

Not to mention that stealing something as vital for science as gold and diamonds for no real reason (already a dick move), and then jumping to bombing the victim they stole from (and their entire department of course) when they try to get their stuff back is awful and reeks of killbaiting. Even without the collateral damage I'd say that's pretty bad
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #123844

Pretty sure I there is still an active permaban on one of his alt accounts that I placed.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #123847

There isn't, I checked. Spiritofrevenge isn't him and either way, the other person got unbanned for that already, by kor.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #123850

My mistake.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #123944

I feel like there should be some recompense for what happened. The first part alone is spoiling someone's game FNR with consequences that others will be spoilt (due to lack of research). Which then jumped to it directly spoiling many peoples game, most of which weren't even involved (due to the bombing).

As far as I can see we'd punish someone for bombing as a non-antag in almost every situation (except maybe for a successful wiz bomb), I see no reason to make this an exception for what is essentially a bunch of dick moves (if the chemist didn't think that wasting those resources would cause a reaction from the RD then, then I don't know...)

I'll PM them and ask them to respond to this thread.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #123951

"(MANUAL BAN) Stole gold and diamonds from scientists and when they took it back from him he bombed R&D, killing one person, injuring three who were uninvolved and caused serious collateral damage. (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)"

Day and a half ban, Lemon forgot to post in here. Should be resolved.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124472

Sent to me via a PM from OP:

Forgive me for being on the U.S. timezone, but I was unable to answer it in time before I was banned and the thread was locked. I'd rather not be, but I won't make a big fuss over a day and a half ban. But if you want to hear my side of the story, here you go:

As a chemist, I have access to the ore redemption machine. I went over there to gather some bling, at the same time as Lumi. We both went for the gold and diamonds and I just happened to pick them up first. She throws a huge hissy fit about it, somewhat understandably I admit, but what happened afterwards isn't entirely so. First she yells at me to give them back, after I've started the process of gilding my chem lab. I say no, and she demolishes the chem fridge (preventing people from getting the medicine I made, just saying... lives could have been at stake because of that). I non-violently dragged the diamond statue away from her, and she starts attacking me. A sec officer saves my ass because, again, I can't do anything about it without invoking admin wrath. Then she waits until my mind is distracted (looking up chem recipes, technically metagaming/attacking a braindead person) and visiously assaults me and stabs my eyes out. Again, I tried to deal with this non violently, just some lube. And a medborg drags me away to get healed, letting her escape. Lumi then uses this opportunity to taunt me over the radio, flaunting the fact that she got away with it. IC speaking, it's not THAT unreasonable to escalate things after someone stabs your eyes out, especially when you've made no serious attempts to harm that person beforehand (She could have called security, or stunned me with a stunprod, or cuffed me while I was distracted, instead she opted for crippling an old man). Furthermore, had I done nothing, her mockery would be likely to continue, and my reputation would have been tarnished, making me the victim of endless cyberbullying. The collateral damage was... regrettable yes, but I had only one chance to enact my vengeance. Plus, I've seen other players get away with massacring the crew under the grounds of "Captain's Orders".
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box