Byond Username: Tornadium

Cortastian Foladare\catistian - Shithead Flamethrowering Sec

Post by Tornadium » #128005

Your byond account: Tornadium
Your character name: Diego Something
Their character name: Cortastian Foladare
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):catistian
Server and time: Sybil 00:10am 21/10/2015
Logs and/or screenshots: Byond Crashed, don't have any will log dive later.
Description of what happened:

I'll make this short

- Traitor AI, Gets carded.
- HoP doesn't wipe it for some reason
- HoP suicides, Captain takes the Carded AI and tries putting it back into a core and wants to mess with the laws (bad idea) because law 0.
- We (sec) try to stop him by tasing him and securing the AI, he fires back at us flees and leads us on a merry chase involving borgs and other annoying shit the entire way around the station to try to stop him. Up to this point we had received a number of reports of the Captain being shady as shit and he had already tried to upload some shitty laws.
- Something happens, CE ends up with the AI. Bolts the fuck away before any of us can stop him.
- Follow him, manage to tase him to get the AI and eventually fucking wipe it as we should have done from the start.
- Immediately gets up and flamethrowers me to death without a word.

Why they should be banned:

Well if you can literally just instantly escalate to "lets kill security for doing their job" for no other reason than "I thought that sec officer was a syndicate because he took the Captains back which contained an AI upload board and a bunch of other shit instead of leaving it lying around for any assistant to take".

Pretty sure if I was to kill a sec officer immediately after tasing me especially when I have the fucking carded traitor AI I'd be looking at the very least a day ban.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Cortastian Foladare\catistian - Shithead Flamethrowering

Post by onleavedontatme » #128012

From his perspective you ran up out of the blue, stole the AI, and killed it. People are allowed to make mistakes.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #128013

Kor wrote:From his perspective you ran up out of the blue, stole the AI, and killed it. People are allowed to make mistakes.
Nigger what, "I ran up out of the blue?" He snatched the AI in front of us and fucking BOLTED.

He knew I was following him. Had he been paying attention at all for the ENTIRE FUCKING ROUND he would have known that was a Traitor AI and we were hunting for it. It had been shouted out on the radio a million fucking times.

Pretty sure if you murder someone mistakenly you cop a day ban and thats a headmin ruling.

From a headmin
You still mis-read the situation completely and killed a guy. This is what standard daybans can be handed out for.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #128110

'You still mis-read the situation completely and killed a guy. This is what standard daybans will be handed out for.'

That wasn't a ruling. That wasn't a sentence made in private correspondence either, unlike the sentence you did quote.

The sentence above was said in response to you intentionally seeking out someone as a player who has played enough to know better, in comparison to a mis-informed reaction to something that happened to themselves by a player who hasn't played enough to know better. If other headmins want to pursue this further feel free.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.