Chocolai - Metafriending

Post by paprika » #137107

Your byond account: Paprka
Your character name: Molly Dakota
Their character name: Anda Lucia
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Chocolai
Server and time: Sybil, 11/30 2:00am PST
Description of what happened:
Revolution round. FULL DISCLOSURE HERE, I latespawned in as the RD during this rev round, and Dante spaced me really early on, so I spent the entire round observing. I forgot I even died because I died so quickly, I figured he was just a traitor who wanted my ID. Anyway, after I died, Anda Lucia gets loyalty implanted voluntarily in brig, then after engaging in a fight with Dante (known rev) in which he gets put into a crit, brings him all the way to cryo, leaving him there to heal unattended. Dante Smith (rev head at the time) is found by sec in cryo, then dragged back to security. The CAPTAIN recognizes him as a rev head (I believe they tried to implant him to no success, but I didn't see this go down), going so far as to try to get him healed so they can capture him alive. After being attacked by revs trying to get Dante, the captain decides it isn't worth the effort and kills Dante, leaving his corpse in security. Anda drags Dante's corpse through maint all the way to medical, then puts him in the cloner, again leaving him unattended without any attempt to secure him with cuffs when he pops out or anything. He eventually gets free, converts a handful of people, and the revs win the round. Dante also goes out of his way to cut her loyalty implant out in order to convert her to rev once he finds out she's implanted, but she suicides before this is possible. Again, this is the only person they tried to remove the loyalty implant from, but that could have just been a reward for saving him from security earlier.
Why they should be banned:
Anda clearly went out of her way to help Dante, specifically, which ruined the round. She never cloned/healed any other rev heads or revs just to try and deconvert them when they were dead/in crit, and there was plenty of opportunities to do so. Other people can vouch for their Ic/OOC friendship or relationship. The admin at the time who responded to the adminhelps (from multiple people) wasn't aware of this, so I'm making my case here instead. She claims she "thought that rev heads could be deconverted", which could be legitimate if she's a new player or just a really bad excuse, especially because she left him to heal/clone both times unattended instead of waiting with cuffs to secure him for deconverting from rev, which would allow him to escape extremely easily since medbay was barren. Keep in mind the captain decided to kill him after keeping him in crit, and she still tried to heal him after this.

I'll leave it up to any other witnesses of these two, but personally I've seen them metafriend in rounds a lot, and this is crossing the line into bullshit territory. I doubt Chocolai was legitimately trying to deconvert Zaross from rev head, especially since she left him to get free in medical.

Some log proof of their IC friendship, at least:
[01:38:33]SAY: Dante Smith/Zaross : Where's my waifu at?

[07:55:38]SAY: Ghost/Zaross : oh hey my waifu came to save me

[09:02:56]SAY: Dante Smith/Zaross : Because I'm demoting my waifu.

[01:09:56]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : Dante
[01:10:20]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : Are you participating in the gateway challenge?
[01:10:29]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : I will come with you
[01:10:42]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : Ill be your healer

[10:31:53]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : Dante
[10:32:07]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : Lets do the away mission
[10:32:12]SAY: Anda Lucia/Chocolai : We can beat it together
Keep in mind these lines are from various rounds, and none of them are from the rev round in question. It only serves to at least elaborate my point. You can find a lot more of them in the logs.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Chocolai - Metafriending

Post by firecage » #137112

I can testify that Anda was definitely....uhhh, I forgot the English word. Anyway

I was in this round, first as a loyalist, and then as a rev. As a loyalist in the brig, I know that Anda was loyalty implanted and deconverted, and she did say Dante was the one who converted her. Later when sec was trying to kill Dante, she quickly, and wordlessly, dragged him away from sec and the heads, dragged him to medbay, and put him in cryo.

After this I was converted to a rev, and Dante was also apparently killed. Then while I am in medbay, I see Anda running into Medbay with Dante's body, and begins cloning it. And she 100% wasn't a rev, and was apparently still loyalty implanted.

Though as a side note, I didn't see Dante metafriending himself in this round.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #137137

To be fair, knowingly cloning and protecting a headrev in enemy territory as a loyalty implanted crew member is really fucking shit, especially if you have no way or even intention to restrain them when they get out, and didn't notify any fucking one in security that you would be cloning them.

Ignoring the metafriending, I think that's bannable alone.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137140

This situation smells fishier than a mermaid with a yeast infection.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #137141

I'm not sure that Metafreiending is currently against any rules we have?
- Character friendships should not be exploitative in nature or be used to gain an unfair advantage. Having an IC friendship with another player does not, for example, justify giving them all-access each round.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #137164

Just wanted to add that from what I saw of them fighting Dante looked extremely half-hearted.

I recall watching them go to medbay, stun Dante with a stun prod, and start dragging him towards the brig. Not sure if they cuffed him, but it didn't look like they did.
A little ways out of medbay, they either stopped stunning him or they were too slow with the stun, because Dante got up and started running away.
Anda chased him for like maybe 2 steps before turning around. I know they didn't run out of charge in the prod, because I saw them randomly stun someone else moments later.
Also, I don't think they informed sec of this development. Sec had previously known Dante was in medbay, as I remember hearing it over the security channel. Not sure if Anda was the one who told them thay, as I recall them saying something along the lines of Dante was in medbay while in the brig, but moments after this they made a beeline for medbay and basically ended up relocating Dante away from sec via the stun and release.
It was about 2AM for me, so I was kinda sleepy and didn't really think too much about it at the time.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #137203

https://www.zerobin.net/?085ffd0f975009 ... T/cgKidYI=

https://www.zerobin.net/?05f0bf96087d84 ... vV+z3HVOU=
Nothing particularly stands out in terms of the interactions they've had in chat.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #137207

Could it not just be a case of some player knowing the stories of Dante Smith, and wants to just hang around with them? Ive seen people messaging popular powergamers at the start of the round. Like some kind of idol worship.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #137209

I doubt Dante had anything to do with this. Whether or not they're IC friends doesn't concern me, that's not against the rules. What concerns me is that she ruined a round because of it in a spectacularly blatant and shitty fashion. It's a clear example of breaking the rules to help someone you like out. I couldn't care less about Dante's involvement here, I really doubt he's pathetic enough to talk to this person OOCly and tell them to clone him or where his body is, especially after he's been banned for that before. Maybe an admin more familiar with his antics can prove me wrong, but this is about Chocolai cloning him behind sec's back, not Zaross.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #137220

Chocolai has a history of doing really weird shit including but not limited to: rolling heads of staff, ditching their gear and running around in a dress, going as an unknown, beating themselves bloody and running around until they get tasted for looking sketchy, and just acting suspicious in general.

Who knows why they do anything
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #137239

Inb4 the classic 'my character murders EVERYONE as non antag because hes crazy xd'
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #137244

Really shit behavior, specifically not allowed to help revs in any fashion as an implanted. I've seen people banned for this in the past, so I don't see why Chocolai is any different. If she/he sees what they did wrong, an antag ban or something might suffice instead of a server ban, because they're clearly lying when they say that they didn't know headrevs couldn't be deconverted.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #137307

Xerxes Starfruit is probably the most incomprehensible player on the server.

He does seem to have taken a strange liking to Dante though. Chocolai kidnapped his crit body and drug it all around silently (to his office as hop) and chased me silently around when I tried to heal him to the point I ended up lasering him.

He has a note from may about attacking officers while implanted in rev so I will direct him to this thread, he isnt new enough to be confused about this
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #137313

We had a round earlier where I was the captain, and an emag confiscated from Benji Lafortune was "misplaced" and ended up in the hands of Dante, which I found out about because they pda'd me about how they "found" an emag and wanted to order stands for security. Kor said the only other prints on it were a lawyer which turned out to be Chocolai. I figured they gave the emag to Dante after taking it from Benji after his arrest. The lawyer then showed up later with 2 bags of holding while we were transferring Benji to a court room for his trial, where he dropped them on the floor. I tried to grab the bags in time but Benji disarmed me and combined the two bags. The resulting singularity deleted all evidence we could of used to figure out what happened past Benji combining the bags, with all 3 getting away scot free because we had literally 0 remaining evidence to make a ban request about.

Benji, Dante, and Chocolai have to be metagaming, and if they aren't at the very least they're sure as hell violating the bit about ic friendships not resulting in unfair advantages.

Considering this makes 3 accusations of metagaming/metafriending in 1 dwy from 3 different players, I'd say we need to perma the 3 of them until they come in here, explain themselves, and provide proof as to why they aren't metagaming or metafriending to the point of unfair advantage. You can try and claim rp but this shit is going too far.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #137314

Make a different ban request thread for Dante/Benji. This is just about Chocolai and their actions in the rev round. If it's a problem they can be handled individually.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #137315

iamgoofball wrote:The lawyer then showed up later with 2 bags of holding while we were transferring Benji to a court room for his trial, where he dropped them on the floor. I tried to grab the bags in time but Benji disarmed me and combined the two bags. The resulting singularity deleted all evidence we could of used to figure out what happened past Benji combining the bags, with all 3 getting away scot free because we had literally 0 remaining evidence to make a ban request about.
What? Chocalai died like 10 minutes prior to the singulo incident due to emitter fire on the away mission.

You said you had no idea who gave the bags to benji please dont wildly speculate/make things up now.

And this is following trying to prove benji was metagaming by a radio call not existing and then when he showed it existed you said that was proof he was metagaming for understanding game mechanics. Please dont distract from actual issues with tangible proof like the OP with wild conjecture.

I'm not gonna permaban three players and force them to prove a negative over stuff like that.

I'll ask a head admin to look at this/keep PMing chocalai though
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #137320

Shit, i forgot about that, but I swear someone in a lawyer outfit tossed those damn bags. Maybe they filched the gear or some shit, idfk

The emag to dante incident still stands, however.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #137325

Chocalai is banned and I've posted what I saw in both rounds goof is talking about I wash my hands of this.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #137341

I'm not sure that Metafreiending is currently against any rules we have?
Last time I checked there's a line when metafriendship stops being ok. Ties in with not being a dick. Doing shit like harassing security because they're arresting your metabuddy for theft or assault is going too far. Helping a confirmed rev head as an implanted crew member because they're your buddy and you want to join their side? That's going way too far.

From my experience, Dante tends to have some pretty bad habits when it comes to metafriendship and I'll bet my left nut his notes reflect it.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #137486

Honestly, Chocolai should of been headbanned at the very least a long time ago, ditching HoS and security equipment in a public enviorment, not responding to calls and generally being useless is just a waste of a slot round after round.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #137488

Kor wrote:Xerxes Starfruit is probably the most incomprehensible player on the server.

He does seem to have taken a strange liking to Dante though. Chocolai kidnapped his crit body and drug it all around silently (to his office as hop) and chased me silently around when I tried to heal him to the point I ended up lasering him.

He has a note from may about attacking officers while implanted in rev so I will direct him to this thread, he isnt new enough to be confused about this
Xerxes? Every time that guys lawyer and I'm on sec I know that he's going to be a huge pain in the ass (freeing prisoners, stealing gear, etc).
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #137678

Kor has resolved this so moving it to resolved