Terry Mcfall and Jazz Jackrabbit - Non-antagonist murder.

Requests which have been closed
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Terry Mcfall and Jazz Jackrabbit - Non-antagonist murder.

Post by TheNightingale » #140045

Your byond account: TheNightingale
Your character name: Ella Nawari
Their character name: Terry Mcfall and Jazz Jackrabbit
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Smittn and Red McCloud
Server and time: Sybil, round ended 13:30
Logs and/or screenshots: I couldn't take logs, since my BYOND crashed after I sent an adminhelp. The end-round report said he wasn't an antagonist.
Description of what happened: I was Ella Nawari, the Security Officer. After gearing up, I heard there was lava in the Interrogation Room (adminspawned to kill two lizard ERPers, I think?). People had been running in and dying to it. One flashbang later, people are still loitering around the lava, and the Brig is depowered (so we can't leave). The Research Director was nearby, and announced his intention to go in. I told him not to, but he stripped naked and ran in anyway, leaving his things on the floor. I fired a taser shot at him, but missed as the RD stepped inside the Interrogation doorway and died from the lava. Jazz Jackrabbit took the RD's telescopic baton and hit me with it. Terry then aggressively grabbed me and threw me into the lava, setting me on fire and doing severe burn damage. I got up as Terry ran away, tased Jazz, but collapsed of the fire damage and died not long after Terry returned and took my ID. I told Kor, who said that I'd killed the RD - which I hadn't, as the taser shot missed, and he died from the lava damage. Kor then went offline when I asked for Terry's BYOND key.
Why they should be banned: Two non-antags trespassing in the Brig take a telebaton and throw a Security Officer into a pit of lava with it.

Withdrawn, the apology was enough. Now I can rest easy knowing justice has been served, and so on and so forth.
Last edited by TheNightingale on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheNightingale

Re: Terry Mcfall and Jazz Jackrabbit - Non-antagonist murder

Post by TheNightingale » #140418

Logs:
Jazz takes the RD's telebaton and stuns me with it.
[12:24:15]ATTACK: Jazz Jackrabbit(redmccloud) stunned Ella Nawari(thenightingale) with the telescopic baton (NEWHP: 100)(111,170,1)
[12:24:18]ATTACK: Terry Mcfall(smittn) grabbed Ella Nawari(thenightingale) passively (NEWHP: 100)(111,170,1)
[12:24:19]ATTACK: Terry Mcfall(smittn) thrown Ella Nawari(thenightingale) from <font color='#6b5d00'>tile at 112, 170, 1 in area Brig</font> with the target <font color='#6b4400'>tile at 109, 170, 1 in area Brig</font> (NEWHP: 100)(111,170,1)
[12:24:21]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : Faggot
I get up, on fire, and escape from the lava. Terry absconds after using the f-slur, and I'm still on fire.
[12:24:23]ATTACK: Ella Nawari(thenightingale) shot Jazz Jackrabbit(redmccloud) with the electrode (NEWHP: 100)(115,169,1)
[12:24:25]ATTACK: Ella Nawari(thenightingale) shot Jazz Jackrabbit(redmccloud) with the electrode (NEWHP: 100)(115,169,1)
[12:24:26]ATTACK: Ella Nawari(thenightingale) shot Jazz Jackrabbit(redmccloud) with the electrode (NEWHP: 100)(115,169,1)
I tase Jazz and stop-drop-roll, but have too many firestacks and go into crit. Terry returns and takes my PDA while I'm on fire.
[12:24:26]ADMIN: KorPhaeron/(Talos Valcoran) spawned /turf/simulated/floor/plating/lava at (110,170,1)
Kor was watching, so knows I missed the RD.
[12:24:30]SAY: Jazz Jackrabbit/RedMcCloud : S-s-s h-hel-l-l-lp-p b-br-rig-g
Jazz calls for help after he aided Terry in throwing me into a pit of lava.
[12:24:53]ATTACK: Terry Mcfall(smittn) stripped Ella Nawari(thenightingale) of PDA-Ella Nawari (Security Officer) (NEWHP: -63.3334)(114,170,1)
Terry comes back and steals my ID instead of putting me out. I remain there until a passerby finds me, puts me out and drags me to Medical.
smittn
Byond Username: Smittn

Post by smittn » #140487

Raymond was the guy who ran into the lava:
[12:23:02]SAY: Ella Nawari/TheNightingale : OUT, NOW!!
[12:23:09]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : Powers off
[12:23:10]SAY: Ella Nawari/TheNightingale : Power it again!
at this point that one guy strips to grab the recording
[12:23:22]SAY: Raymond Magor/Kyriece777 : PROTECT MY STUFF
[12:23:22]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : Go you magnificent bastard
[12:23:25]SAY: Ella Nawari/TheNightingale : I swear to God, I'll drop a flashbang.
[12:23:28]SAY: Raymond Magor/Kyriece777 : AND BE PREPARED TO PUT ME OUT
[12:23:32]GAME: TheNightingale/(Ella Nawari) has primed a flashbang for detonation at Brig (111,170,1).
[12:23:51]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : The doors are closed you donkass officer
[12:24:00]SAY: Ella Nawari/TheNightingale : Repower the Brig.
[12:24:01]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : Now we're deaf and cannot coordinate
[12:24:03]SAY: Raymond Magor/Kyriece777 : Just a moment
[12:24:04]SAY: Raymond Magor/Kyriece777 : OKAY
[12:24:05]SAY: Raymond Magor/Kyriece777 : IM
[12:24:06]SAY: Raymond Magor/Kyriece777 : GOING!!
This is where he steps on the tile, now I don't believe there is any way of showing this but as I recall he was 3-4 tiles into magma and she tried to tase him. This is why jazz batoned her, I threw her in the lava, and Kor said she killed him. To everyone immediately observing this it just seemed REALLY shitty and malicious. I never got bwoinked for it, I believe kor saw it because he was placing the tiles right where we were. And later you got cloned. I took your pda to get out and immediately after I just exiled myself in the gateway.
That said does that attack log not log missed tasers? That taser shot isn't in the attack log at raymond isn't logged at all.
[12:24:20]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : wow (This is raymond in ghost immediately after)
[12:24:21]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : Faggot
[12:24:22]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : did he just
[12:24:25]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : try and taze me
[12:24:26]SAY: Ghost/AllegroIgrene : He just did
[12:24:29]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : whilst im on lava
[12:24:38]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : in the fire

Oh and SAG it was traitors
[13:29:08]GAME: traitors: Lucina Hightower(Banana Fist)...
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #140508

ah i'll scrap my post then
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #140539

To everyone immediately observing, the taser shot missed - there was no "Raymond Magor has been hit by the electrode!" message, and the shot visibly flew past him to the other wall. To everyone immediately observing, the RD collapsed in the Interrogation doorway seconds after running into the lava, proving it was lethal (if the other three bodies weren't any indication). To everyone immediately observing, two Assistants threw a Security Officer into a pit of lava because they didn't like being told to get out.

In a confusing situation where you're not sure who the bad guy is, the correct response isn't to throw the nearest cop at a guaranteed-death pool of lava like a young child at a coconut shy. Had the shot actually hit, I'd have ran in and dragged him out before he died from his wounds. If you'd have moved away from the lava when I told you to, I'm sure the whole situation could've been avoided.

"Later, you got cloned" is a flimsy excuse for murder, honestly. It doesn't excuse the crime in any way - you still threw a Security Officer into lava with either malicious intent or wanton recklessness. From the RD's death and the three other bodies in the lava, you clearly knew it was lethal and unavoidable - and so your immediate reaction to seeing Security try and stop someone running into lava... is to throw them into lava? Had you wished to detain me to ask for an explanation, you were in the Brig - it's not like cuffs are hard to find (there were some in my pocket, in fact, as well as the numerous pairs in the Security Office). But since you didn't, your intention was clearly to kill - and putting aside the 'unauthorised execution' and the fact that I couldn't have been an antagonist, murdering someone when you can detain them and when you don't know the details of the situation is about as koscher as a bacon sandwich.

I reiterate: two non-antagonist Assistants trespass in the Brig after being told to leave, steal a telescopic baton, assault an Officer with it, and throw her into lava, murdering her and destroying the majority of her equipment. One therefore steals her PDA (and since the Brig was depowered and the doors didn't work, it sure wasn't to open those).

I'm not so sure you did it because 'it seemed REALLY s**tty and malicious'. This is mere conjecture, but from the evidence, it looks like you did it because you were upset I didn't want you near a pool of lava (and for good reason, given what happened to the other people who ran in). Because you don't like people telling you what to do, you kill them. Am I getting warmer? (Yes, I am, because you threw me into lava. That's as warm as it gets.)
smittn
Byond Username: Smittn

Post by smittn » #140559

You really like to twist this
TheNightingale wrote:To everyone immediately observing, the taser shot missed - there was no "Raymond Magor has been hit by the electrode!" message, and the shot visibly flew past him to the other wall. To everyone immediately observing, the RD collapsed in the Interrogation doorway seconds after running into the lava, proving it was lethal (if the other three bodies weren't any indication).
TheNightingale wrote: I told Kor, who said that I'd killed the RD
TheNightingale wrote: Jazz takes the RD's telebaton and stuns me with it.
smittn wrote: [12:24:21]SAY: Terry Mcfall/Smittn : Faggot
[12:24:22]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : did he just
[12:24:25]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : try and taze me
[12:24:26]SAY: Ghost/AllegroIgrene : He just did
[12:24:29]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : whilst im on lava
[12:24:38]SAY: Ghost/Kyriece777 : in the fire
It really looked like you tased him, Kor thought you did too (he should really chime in on this)
TheNightingale wrote: In a confusing situation where you're not sure who the bad guy is, the correct response isn't to throw the nearest cop at a guaranteed-death pool of lava like a young child at a coconut shy. Had the shot actually hit, I'd have ran in and dragged him out before he died from his wounds. If you'd have moved away from the lava when I told you to, I'm sure the whole situation could've been avoided.
You shot your laser far to late to stop him, he was 3-4 tiles in the magma before you fired. Antagonist or not if I see someone blatantly murder someone I try to dunk them.
TheNightingale wrote: If you'd have moved away from the lava when I told you to, I'm sure the whole situation could've been avoided.
Now I don't think that can be proven in the logs but I tried the doors and told you a few times that we couldn't get out, you never tried to let us out either. You just flashbanged us, for the most of the rest of this I was deaf. Lastly, I was never blocking your taser shot
TheNightingale wrote: "Later, you got cloned" is a flimsy excuse for murder, honestly. It doesn't excuse the crime in any way - you still threw a Security Officer into lava with either malicious intent or wanton recklessness. From the RD's death and the three other bodies in the lava, you clearly knew it was lethal and unavoidable - and so your immediate reaction to seeing Security try and stop someone running into lava... is to throw them into lava? Had you wished to detain me to ask for an explanation, you were in the Brig - it's not like cuffs are hard to find (there were some in my pocket, in fact, as well as the numerous pairs in the Security Office). But since you didn't, your intention was clearly to kill - and putting aside the 'unauthorised execution' and the fact that I couldn't have been an antagonist, murdering someone when you can detain them and when you don't know the details of the situation is about as koscher as a bacon sandwich.
Thats not my excuse for murder, what I'm saying here is I did not take you out of the round, you were dead for a few minutes (I'm guessing, you were out of the lava and I was in the gateway at this point) and you had to re-gear. The RD wasn't so lucky because he was in the middle of the lavafield. There wasn't any immediate way to detain you either, the brig was powered down and I had no access. Digging in your pockets is just your hindsight on the situation.
TheNightingale wrote: I'm not so sure you did it because 'it seemed REALLY s**tty and malicious'.
Like the stuff I quoted above, I think most people thought the same in my scenario. But lets see if any of them chime in here. And I did then, your intentions make sense now sure, but this happened in like <10 seconds
TheNightingale wrote: This is mere conjecture, but from the evidence, it looks like you did it because you were upset I didn't want you near a pool of lava (and for good reason, given what happened to the other people who ran in). Because you don't like people telling you what to do, you kill them.
Now you're just blatantly shit slinging.

So here's what happened from an objective point of view:
Lizard warden and his friend erp in investigation room
kor dumps lava on them, they die
Announcement made about it
me and a few others enter the brig with everyone mentioned earlier in the thread, the door for investigation room is open and we joke about dead liggers, etc
sometime around now the brig power dies and core spreads the magma in a realistic manner
RD decides to get the recording for shits and giggles, strips while Ella asks us to leave (see the logs for specifics)
after 7 seconds she tosses the flashbang but doesn't make any arrests
RD goes for the recorder
she attempts to tase him
jazz slaps her down with the baton and I toss her in the lava, she gets up, gets out of the lava while shooting us and burns into crit
I stole her ID to try to leave but again the power is out but shortly after someone breaks the brig rglass down and I leave into the gateway for the rest of the round, and she gets cloned

Now I know that last bit doesn't help my case but that's what the earlier portion of the post is about, the context of the scenario. Now it was really shitty in hindsight it didn't look like she was trying to save him, she never entered the lava herself anyway to try to grab him after missing the taser. I also wanted to post that because you're twisting things. A lot.

Allllllll of that said I'm am sorry I killed you, I didn't realize your intent was to try to rescue him.
If you had entered the lava to try to grab him out I would have personally ran you to genetics and secured your gear.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #140567

Thanks for the apology - 'sorry I threw you into lava' goes a long way.
Ban request withdrawn, move to Resolved please, nerf lava (I ded), etc.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140594

Resolving as per request of OP.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box