Requests which have been closed
rob
Byond Username: Robx1q

/tg/ valid hunt central

Post by rob » #144649

Your byond account:robxcsds
Your character name: Flint Howard
Their character name: Azal & Saurok-Khan
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Kaze Espada, Cyfause
Server and time: 1, around 3am
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:
I walked into the kitchen at round start to vend a knife, the tables were disassembled so I walked right in. The chef, Saurok-Khan attempted to pull me out but I resisted and vended the knife around the same time they said "OUT". I quickly left. I decided to don a mask and the knife to rob Pax, the clown. This was some time after what I assumed was a cut/dry situation; I vended one knife and the chef has a machine full, why would he care? No. Saurok-Khan decided to hunt me down and cleaver me for stealing his diamond encrusted knife. I ran away and he kept chasing me so I ran to medical because he had chopped me twice. Inside medical he was still trying to kill me in front of a security guard who arrested me instead of him for whatever reason. I honestly don't know why, I'm not trying to intentionally leave anything out. I served my time and was a bit annoyed so I decided to annoy the chef by taking apart the windows in front of the kitchen. The chef noticed and ran out with his deadly cleaver, but this time he brought his friend Azal, a shotgun toting lizard/chicken bartender. The bartender quickly shot me a couple times after that they pretty much kicked my ass as a medical cyborg administered drugs to keep me alive. The chef went to prison and for some reason the bartender was still free. A while later I went to the kitchen to eat. Again I thought the situation ended with the security intervention. Nope, the bartender quickly leaves the bar to administer some more ass kicking. At first I tried to reason but there was no reasoning with this guy so I started to defend myself. He left and kept coming back with more things, (a guitar then wirecuffs) I ran out of the bar and he followed still attacking me. I admin-helped and little help was offered/given so I'm here for some clarification.

I honestly don't remember even touching the chef and any time I hit the bartender it was in self defense.

I really don't care if these guys are banned or not I just want to know if any of this warrants deadly force. It's okay to hunt someone down for vending one knife/harmlessly disassembling windows? I need to know so I can reference this if I'm in this situation and the roles were reversed. It has been a awhile since I started playing this game again consistently and some clarity on rule 1 would be nice. 1. ..." Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules. Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, these conflicts should escalate properly and retribution must be proportionate."
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: /tg/ valid hunt central

Post by Zilenan91 » #144651

I decided to don a mask and the knife to rob Pax, the clown.
So you act like an antag and get treated like an antag after greytiding the chef for basically the entire round. I have no idea of most of the situation but I was there for a lot of this, and the chef kept calling me into hte kitchen to clean up blood and shit from you two fighting. Something else of note is that you were running around with a facemask on, basically the epitomy of shadyness since all it would take is two clicks for you to go unknown.
rob

Post by rob » #144652

Zilenan91 wrote:
I decided to don a mask and the knife to rob Pax, the clown.
So you act like an antag and get treated like an antag after greytiding the chef for basically the entire round. I have no idea of most of the situation but I was there for a lot of this, and the chef kept calling me into hte kitchen to clean up blood and shit from you two fighting. Something else of note is that you were running around with a facemask on, basically the epitomy of shadyness since all it would take is two clicks for you to go unknown.
Attempting to roleplay a fake robbery of the clown is acting like an antag in a roleplaying game? I made one lap around the main hall in the mask, man nice exaggerration. Who were you? How does this concern you?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #144653

rob wrote:Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules.
Sounds an awful lot like.
rob wrote:but I resisted and vended the knife around the same time they said "OUT".
rob wrote:I decided to don a mask and the knife to rob Pax, the clown.
rob wrote:I served my time and was a bit annoyed so I decided to annoy the chef by taking apart the windows in front of the kitchen.
Assuming all the information is present here, his response was a little over the line... But you really can't say you didn't earn most of that.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #144654

Yeah he kept coming back and messing with the chef, not the other way around. I think he also tried to law 2/law 1 the borgs so he could get the lizard chef arrested but they didn't do anything. Could be wrong on that though.
rob

Post by rob » #144655

A joke robbery of the clown? Why do I have to defend that?

So far I'm getting that it's cool to use deadly force with little justification? I can't wait until the RD/Roboticist/Scientist breaks my window in chemistry and climb over the table and use the chem dispenser without permission.

Zileland what are you talking about? What Law 1 / Law 2 thing with the cyborg. When would I have time for that? You had nothing to do with this stop clogging the thread with nonsense.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #144656

If someone starts breaking your window or going into your workplace, get them to talk, if they don't or take something and start running away, go for the stabbing. That's exactly what the chef tried to do and you kept running away.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #144658

rob wrote:I can't wait until the RD/Roboticist/Scientist breaks my window in chemistry and climb over the table and use the chem dispenser without permission.
Assuming this ever happens, pretty sure the RD would just make his own dispenser. I've seen chemists throw acid at greyshirts doing the same dumb shit.

Don't act like a retarded monkey climbing on tables and breaking things and people wont treat you like one.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #144741

Holy shit he actually made a ban request

I was the chef that round. It all started when I dissembled my tables for a second to set up some meathooks. Flint runs into the kitchen, pushing the unsecured meathook out of the way to get to my vendor. I drag him away and tell him "Out" and he runs back in, vendors a knife, and bolts. I play a rather brutal chef to begin with(I make sure to cover my kitchen in as much gibs as possible to the janitors dismay). I curse at him over comms, telling security that he stole a knife, and that they better get to him first or I will get my knife back. Well, the chef only has lethal tools available to him, between a cleaver(15 force), a knife(10 force), trays(10 throw force), and rolling pin(8 force). So I rush out into the halls to get my knife back, and I see this guy running through the halls, wearing a mask, and wielding my knife. So of course I start to cleave him in an attempt to hopefully get a knockout, at worse get him to critical and toss him to medbay later. Security sees the tussel, and tases us both. After explaining the situation, the officer removes the knife from Flint and arrests him before letting me go with a warning not to cleave assistants. That's where a sane person would of finished it.

Flint gets out of jail, still wearing orange and comes up and deconstructs my windows. So I chase him around the corner and slash at him more. The bartender sees this and offers to help. So we go around the corner to my windows again, and sure enough Flint is gathering up the materials, so we attack him and corner him before a medic drags him away. The bartender handed me the gun, and I knew I had to finish this(usually if a grey tider doesn't get the first message, they will come back for revenge again and again). So I shoot at him, and security arrests me. As I am being arrested, Flint breaks back into the kitchen and full sight of the bartender, the bartender then apparently beat his ass with a guitar(she both told me, and the guitar was left in the kitchen) and he is dragged to permabrig. Finally, I get the chance to cook some enchiladas.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #144899

In all honesty it would have been valid escalation for the chef to stuff the OP in the gibber or just toss their naked corpse in a locker when they came back for more after their first asskicking.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #144921

If someone steals something its always been permissible to resort to violence to get it back
If someone intrudes into your department its permissible to kick their arse and throw them out.
If they return its permissible to murder them and stuff them in a locker/put them on display to ward off other would be turd burglars.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #145057

Side note: turning them into a sandwich counts as putting them on display.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #145121

Relentlessly chasing/murdering someone across the station as if you were one of our terrible NPCs because they stole a spare item that you wont miss is really pushing the boundaries of "defend your workplace."

It's als not worth banning anyone over this or arguing about it for days.