VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: VincVsVincent

Ban Request "NERB BLEP"

Post by VincVsVincent » #148499

Your byond account: VincVsVincent

Your character name: Ricky Well

Their character name: NERB BLEP

Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Coudn't find out.

Server and time: BASIL 4:50-5:00 GMT-1

Logs and/or screenshots: http://puu.sh/mHmuX/3314fe5c3e.png and http://puu.sh/mHnnV/8c325b1d95.png

Description of what happened: I was the captain and I decided to change the AI's laws to suit it so that I could only change the laws, people were at the HoP office but sadly the HoP didnt do his/her job, because the AI used advantage to my mistake he/she woudn't let me out of the upload so it took some time before I could actually go to work, in the hallway towards the brig so named NERB BLEP ran at me with an upgraded industrail welding tool, hitting me on the head until I was landed into crit, he later stated in deadchat he simply wanted to take my ID to change his ID in HoP office since "The HoP is shit" and that he wasn't an antag.

Why they should be banned: Just because he wanted to change his job doesn't mean that he can just go around and kill a head, especially not the captain, I would like to have him banned for future trouble so that he wont grief more captains for their ID's.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Ban Request "NERB BLEP"

Post by iamgoofball » #148501

I was the captain and I decided to change the AI's laws to suit it so that I could only change the laws
Uhh, did the AI state the new law you added over comms?

Because "only I can change laws" is totally the sort of thing an antag would do to stay undercover, so he was probably going for the supposed valids on the captain who totally made the AI his bitch when it comes to laws.

Also, what was the exact law you uploaded?
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by VincVsVincent » #148503

"The captain is the only one allowed to change AI laws and only allowed to be in the upload" My mistake that I made a typo there and the AI made advantage of that to keep me in the AI upload.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #148521

Sounds like you got what you deserved. Just don't fuck with the AIs lawset and let him keep an eye out for valids and open doors for people.
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by VincVsVincent » #148523

What I deserved? Because I changed the AI laws that means he has total allowance to kill me?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #148524

Guys I don't think that was the issue at all. This dude just walks up to him and kills him for no reason just so he can get access rather than talking it over with him like an adult.
VincVsVincent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by VincVsVincent » #148525

VincVsVincent wrote:he has total allowance to kill me?
Talking about NERB BLEP
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #148530

Regardless of the stuff with the Ai, a non antag killing the captain because "I want more access lol" is nox tier garbage
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #148535

Yeah, I was just wondering if the AI law might of seemed a little subvert-ish, which could lead to the assistant claiming the "muh valids" excuse, but that wasn't the case here.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #148557

Ckey is Arsenugger1996, and is now banned for two days for this incident and other details pertaining to his conduct from the logs.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #148566

iamgoofball wrote:
I was the captain and I decided to change the AI's laws to suit it so that I could only change the laws
Uhh, did the AI state the new law you added over comms?

Because "only I can change laws" is totally the sort of thing an antag would do to stay undercover, so he was probably going for the supposed valids on the captain who totally made the AI his bitch when it comes to laws.

Also, what was the exact law you uploaded?
Captain is the boss, he's allowed to make law changes and is allowed to say who can upload laws and who can't.
Absolutely nothing wrong with what the captain did

The murderer says in the second screen shot that the reason he killed the captain was for the id, nothing else

Stop making excuses for people being shitty you dingus
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #148576

To be fair if someone uploaded a law that said they "are only allowed in the upload" then I would lock lock them in and only allow them to be in the upload too. That's not even interpretation, it's literally what the law instructs them to do.

This is that whole "she told him that she loved him" thing where you can insert the word "only" at any point in the sentence and each results in a completely different meaning.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #148578

Malkevin wrote: Captain is the boss, he's allowed to make law changes and is allowed to say who can upload laws and who can't.
Absolutely nothing wrong with what the captain did
Captain's job is to ensure the station runs smoothly and carry out directives and will of NT. NT gave the HoP and RD access to upload as well for a reason, so the Captain trying to skate back on that without proof one or both of them have gone rogue is literally doing the opposite of what he's supposed to do.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #148579

Can we lock this now?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #148582

Yeah probably.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.