Post by coiax » #150256

Your byond account: coiax
Your character name: ABDUCTOR
Their character name: Todd Faust
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): AquaticaPossum
Server and time: Sybil, 2016-01-31 ~10:30
Logs and/or screenshots: http://pastebin.com/8kqGWKPV
Description of what happened:

As an ASMIOV borg, I am notified of AI Upload movement, and I'm in the area so I go check on it. The captain is in the upload, and says "My choice is between corporate and robocop". These are both harmful to humans, standard ASMIOV, so I turn on the turrets, stun him, and drag him out.

Shortly afterwards, I am blown, and feel this is unfair given I am following my laws. The captain then takes offence to me complaining about this, telling the AI to not let him into the upload and removes the brain from the MMI, only replacing it after managing to convince the AI to allow him to CORPORATE, and putting in a law that "5. Not listening to the Captain is more expensive than anything else in the world.".

There are some subsequent events including the player stating in OOC post-round that they were a tyrant captain "on purpose", and that they were surprised they were not lynched, as well as refusing to allow the shuttle be called post released of the Singularity and Tesla.

Why they should be banned:
Silicon Protections 5: As a nonantagonist human, killing or detonating silicons in the presence of a viable and reasonably expedient alternative and without cause to be concerned of potential subversion is a violation of Server Rule 1.
Silicon Protection 6: Any silicon under Asimov can deny orders to allow access to the upload at any time under Law 1 given probable cause to believe that human harm is the intent of the person giving the order

I was acting correctly within the ASMIOV lawset, and his detonation of my cyborg was unneeded, and debraining was just rude.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Todd Faust blows and debrains ASMIOV borg

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #150290

silicon protection 6 is so the ai doesn't listen to "AI LET ME INTO UPLOAD LAW 2" from the clown or stops guys from hacking their way in there. intentionally fucking with the captain for going into the upload is metagamey as shit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #150293

An Asimov silicon is law-bound to stop something like that being uploaded if it could lead to human harm, though. Intentionally trying to change the AI's laws to something more powergamey is pretty bad. When uploading a new lawset, try "I want to upload a law about it being Ian's birthday".
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #150297

Yeah, at MOST you can lock down the borgs if they're causing you trouble as long as you unlock them after you upload the new laws, but going out of your way to blow the borgs and even dumping the brain out is bad. I'll direct them to this thread to explain themselves
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Aquatica
Byond Username: AquaticaPossum

Post by Aquatica » #150302

Firstly, you completely omitted the part where I put you back in a borg immediately(All in all we are talking about a 5 minute timespan here) after I was done, no doubt intentionally in order to give more gravity to your report. (And let's not forget how you stunned me for no reason a moment after I put your MMI back in a borg.)

Secondly, I debrained you because you were spamming the chat non stop asking the AI not to let me in to the point where I couldn't have a conversation with AI without you shoving 5 lines in between one of mine. Something you also seem to have omitted. After I was done talking to AI, you were put back in your MMI.

Thirdly, you didn't ask me to leave, you did not interact with me in any way. You simply entered the chamber, turned on the turrets and dragged me out.

And lastly, this was handled in game by an admin, so the way I see it this report is pretty much a "He didn't get the punishment I think he deserves, so I'll go get a second opinion" from you.

I was acting correctly within the ASMIOV lawset, and his detonation of my cyborg was unneeded, and debraining was just rude.

You were acting like a complete asshole and you were met with the same attitude from me. Had you talked to me before immediately stunning me this wouldn't happen.

Shaps wrote:Yeah, at MOST you can lock down the borgs if they're causing you trouble as long as you unlock them after you upload the new laws, but going out of your way to blow the borgs and even dumping the brain out is bad. I'll direct them to this thread to explain themselves

I did not dump out the brain and the only reason he was debrained is because he wouldn't stop spamming the chat. He was put in a borg right after I was done.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #150379

Fucking dammit I had typed up a huge long thing about this but hurr durr page reload ate it because i'm retarded.

Long and short of it is, you're basically lying about the chat spamming and you have a previous warning from a couple months ago about one-humaning the AI leading to people dieing.

I'm applying a week headban and suggesting you read up on silicon policy before you touch the upload room again.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #153189

This topic has been resolved, PM me if you want it unlocked
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.