Possible shitsecurity by HoS to HoP

Post by Vakulum » #150661

Your byond account: Vakulum
Your character name: Emma FoX
Their character name: Verena Knox
Their byond account: sorry but TheLongBowMan was game admin at the time
Server and time: Basil 2016.02.01. 21:00

Description of what happened:

I joined late as HoP. When I arrived there was not a captain. One lizzard had ordered Ai to open captain office and got all sort of captain equipment. As I joined I tried to get the captain stuff back because the lizzard it seemed like he was handing out all access.
I declared myself acting captain over the radio and was going into Ai upload in order to add a law to the AI that makes lizzard humans too and in order to set people with stolen access to arrest.
Then another lizzard player joined me there. He had the captain, HoS and RD stuff from the decased guy who got into captains office with ID help. I told him to return the stuff but he refused. After talking a little a stunned him, cuffed him and brought him to Brig because no officer was coming. At brig a took is captains stuff and his id demoted him to an normal assistant and put the captains stuff in a locker at brige. I the gave him his Id back and told HoS that he is arretsed for grand theft.

After that I went back to the upload and CE joined me in order to upload the 2 laws to the AI.
Just as we wanted to go in a captain arrived and went to brig to give him his stuff and explain that we need these new AI laws.
Just as I was explaining it to the captain Verena came in stunned and cuffed me and stole all of my stuff (clothing, headset id) claiming that I was not allowed to get the all access id and the captain stuff back because I only declared myself acting captain over radio and did not aquire a captain ID (for what I did not had time).
Without ID or protection I got killed by a lawyer changeling i ran into as I was complaining about this treatment. I contacted the game admin TheLongBowMan but he did not replied after I explained what happened.

Why they should be banned:

I am not sure if that is a reason for a ban. It just felt really mean and unjust and it ruined the whole round for me!
I mainly want to know if HoS acted correct (what I do not think). And if HoS was wrong it was just a shitsecurity move and should get at least a note or something...
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Possible shitsecurity by HoS to HoP

Post by lumipharon » #150669

While shitty, and unfortunate, that doesn't strike me as ban worthy.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #150706

Do you remember the lizard captain's name? Because last night a lizard called dreams-the-somethigorother pulled the whole "make myself captain and demote/treat human heads of staff like shit" thing last night and it is not really acceptable as repeat behavior
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #150770

I presume the "Lizard Captain" he is referring to was me, a player had suicided, but before that, handed me his things and an all-access ID card. I was not acting as captain and was merely minding my own business.

In short, the HoP felt that i was a thief and instructed me to hand it over, i did not, as i did not like the tone and way they asked. they decided to stun me and drag me to the brig, where they proceeded to strip me of my backpack, headset, PDA, and ID. They then acted as if they were "The Law" and undermined the HoS's authority in their own department, demoted me to "Scumbag", and handed me an ID with no access whatsoever. Then proceeded to use the stolen equipment for themselves, and declare themselves Captain. During this, i was speaking to the HoS about the situation, and the general consensus was that, The HoP was being a hypocrite, choose to do do security work as a civillian head of staff, and was pick and choosing what they had to deal with. So the HoS asked me if i would like to apprehend them and drag them to the brig for her. I said it would be best if they, the security team, did. As it is their job, and me doing so would not prove the point, to which they agreed and went to see the HoP. Where i presume they were demoted to Assistant and allowed swiftly to roam freely outside.

At some point, i was following a blood trail to maintenance, as i was looking for the body of a dead detective, there, i found HoP, dead. And being dragged by a crewmember, who saw me and proceeded to run. i gave chase and learned that they were a changeling, they were apprehended, and i had brought the HoP to cloning, where they refused to be cloned despite numerous attempts.
Vakulum
Byond Username: Vakulum

Post by Vakulum » #151097

Sounds correct to a point. But I do not complain about the guy with the captain stuff. He got cool stuff and used is access to get more.
I am complaining about the shitsecurity move from the HoS to demote and strip me because HoS was mad that i draged a guy into Brig....
The player who gave you the things was the lizzard who stole them out of caps office.
I changed your Id to assistant called "shame" not "scumbag"(I would never call someone that). But I did not use the "stolen" equipment. It was all in a locker at brige and I gave it to the new captain as soon as he arrived.

I did not do any security work except taking the captain gear back from you (as well as the all access Id cards). I did not interfere with THE LAW as i just told HoS what happened and let him decide if he wants to punish you or not.
I just wanted the stolen captain stuffs secured again and add the lizzards are friends too law as soon as possible because some Borg had already started a crusade on lizzards.
That I draged you to Brig instead of a security crew member was just caused by a lack of time and because security ignored my request to arrest the guy with the captain stuff.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #151106

Wyzack wrote:Do you remember the lizard captain's name? Because last night a lizard called dreams-the-somethigorother pulled the whole "make myself captain and demote/treat human heads of staff like shit" thing last night and it is not really acceptable as repeat behavior
Was this where I was HoP and Dreams and I played Russian Revolver for true captaincy and then when the real captain showed up he arrested her?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #151149

Yes but apparently it is not relevant to this thread because it is a different person, so I am deleting my post for off topic
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #153190

Sorry Vakulum, my fault for not letting you know what I did about it.

I didn't feel it reasonable to ban them at the time, but I did have words to them about the chain of command.

Here are logs:

[20:47:59]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->Vakulum/(Emma Fox): What happened?
[20:49:53]ADMIN: PM: Vakulum/(Emma Fox)->TheLongBowMan/(Beshnus-Raj): I was HoP and declared acting captain because no cap was there. I then arrested a lizzard with stolen cap stuff he got from another dude . Brought him to brig took the cap stuff and put it back. When a captain arrived Hos shot and cuffed me saying I had not the right to be actin cap because i did not ahve the dime to change my id stole all my stuff and left. The lawyer killed me when i complained.....
[20:51:51]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): Hi, got a moment?
[20:51:56]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): Sure, whatsup?
[20:52:07]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): What is the situation between you and the HoP?
[20:54:39]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): Hello?
[20:54:45]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): Well, she was apparently acting aggressive against Betrays and brought him to the brig to be imprisoned (as well as took his backpack with her). We had a discussion about how it was illegal for him to own the items he had on him (Captains and Security, mainly from ricky) and how it was "Theft to steal from another thief" or something of that sort. However, while I was in the process of talking to betrays when she walked off, she used the security channel (which is only available to , standardly, the captain or HoS' headsets with command). So I detained and searched her and found that she had some of the Captains gear when the Captain was here. She did proclaim herself acting Captain, but didn't actually promote herself--
[20:55:19]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): And had a general lack of understand of how the heads of staff worked, since she said she was 2nd in command (Which, while the captain is here, all heads of staff are equal under him or her).
[20:55:38]ADMIN: PM: Vakulum/(Emma Fox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): so I basicly got discharged by the HoS because not perfect formalities which led to my dead.
[20:55:51]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): Who is the captain?
[20:56:15]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): Ward Robertson. Joined while emma and I were talking in the brig with betrays.
[20:57:29]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): A HoP doesn't need to change the name of their ID to be the acting captain, they are just keeping the seat warm if you will, so it isn't unreasonable for them to have captain equipment if they were acting at any point,
[20:57:51]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): Alright, I must've misunderstood as I thought they needed to actually secure the spare and so forth.
[20:58:17]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): Its a virtual space, they just act with the captains authority until the proper captain arrives.
[20:58:35]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): Aye aye sir
[20:59:13]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): That being said when a captain does arrive they are expected to surrender that authority.
[20:59:44]ADMIN: PM: TheLongBowMan/(#####)->#####/(Verena Knox): I believe HoP being second in command is a legacy thing however, that is how it worked before RD, CMO and CE was implimented.
[21:00:14]ADMIN: PM: #####/(Verena Knox)->TheLongBowMan/(#####): Alright, I'll make sure to keep that in mind

The rest of it was pushed to an IC resolution.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #153221

Alright locking and moving, yell at me if this was an error.