Jobban request: Greg Dinkleman

Requests which have been closed
FranzKrake
Byond Username: FjKrake

Jobban request: Greg Dinkleman

Post by FranzKrake » #151974

First of all, for some reason I can not post in the ban request section, a moderator need to move this topic to the ban request section. Thank you.

Your byond account: FjKrake
Your character name: Franz Krake
Their character name: Greg Dinkleman
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Basil, 07.30 Amsterdam Time
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:

I was chilling with Tom Helken and Flitter Jin in the Engineering foyer, where we set up security camera screens, booze and a message monitor to do some engi shennanigans. Ive showed the guys how to write fake pda messages, as we were bored. We figured out that the HOP and AI were rogue by reading the pda messages.
Then the HOP realized that we were on to him and he came to Engineering with Greg Dinkleman to arrest us.

The HOP basically ordered immediate force boring of all of us. Greg did comply. When they tried to arrest us and we resisted, the borgs were actively harming us. Greg did know that those Borgs were Asimov borgs, but he choose to ignore this. After we refered to space law, saying that force borging without consent for minor crimes is illegal, he did not care.

Greg Dinkleman kep on helping an obviously rogue HOP for the majority of the shift, without any regard for space law or any security protocol.

The Head of Security finally killed Greg, the end.

Why they should be banned:

Greg Dinkleman helped an Antag until his death, quasi the entire shift. And he was a Detective (Promoted to HOS). Judging from his behavior, theres two explanations for this:

1. Greg is a friend of the Antag and helped him on purpose
or
2. Greg lacks the fundamental understanding of how to play Security

Either way, he deserves a job ban for his actions. A week or so, so that he can actually read the space law book hes supposed to use as guideline. Theres plenty of crappy security officers in this game. Please give him a job ban so he can read up on Security and how to play it.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Re: Jobban request: Greg Dinkleman

Post by icecreamcohn » #151984

Or.... We can explain it how Greg saw it.

At round start he was the only sec and I made him HoS.

At this point I also made my self the Captain and subverted the AI to one human. I informed Greg that we will borg people who commit crimes to build up the Borg Sec army.

Now At this point you three decided to build you PDA console and say I was a Traitor. The borg and I had you blocked into Eng. I told Greg to arrest you all for the shaddy ass shit you guy were doing. And to make him happy and feel better i will go ahead and implant my self. Which I did.

Greg never once saw me do harm to any one. But he did see you and your team setting the Eng room on fire with a flame thrower.

Rule 4 Precedents.
- Non-antagonists are allowed to assist antagonists given sufficient IC reasoning but assisting an antagonist doesn't mean you get to act like one . If in doubt, ask an admin if a particular action is okay. Depending on the level of assistance, sufficient IC reasoning could be simply treating everyone who goes into medbay regardless of them being a murderer or not, all the way to being threatened under pain of death by an antagonist to do something.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #152323

Could you maybe let Greg provide his own side of the story instead of presuming you have total knowledge of what he saw in the round?

Force borgings for minor crimes are basically murder anyway he shouldn't have gone along with that outside of rev or something.
CosbysPuddin
Byond Username: Cosbys Puddin

Post by CosbysPuddin » #152366

FranzKrake wrote:First of all, for some reason I can not post in the ban request section, a moderator need to move this topic to the ban request section. Thank you.

Your byond account: FjKrake
Your character name: Franz Krake
Their character name: Greg Dinkleman
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Basil, 07.30 Amsterdam Time
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:

I was chilling with Tom Helken and Flitter Jin in the Engineering foyer, where we set up security camera screens, booze and a message monitor to do some engi shennanigans. Ive showed the guys how to write fake pda messages, as we were bored. We figured out that the HOP and AI were rogue by reading the pda messages.
Then the HOP realized that we were on to him and he came to Engineering with Greg Dinkleman to arrest us.

The HOP basically ordered immediate force boring of all of us. Greg did comply. When they tried to arrest us and we resisted, the borgs were actively harming us. Greg did know that those Borgs were Asimov borgs, but he choose to ignore this. After we refered to space law, saying that force borging without consent for minor crimes is illegal, he did not care.

Greg Dinkleman kep on helping an obviously rogue HOP for the majority of the shift, without any regard for space law or any security protocol.

The Head of Security finally killed Greg, the end.

Why they should be banned:

Greg Dinkleman helped an Antag until his death, quasi the entire shift. And he was a Detective (Promoted to HOS). Judging from his behavior, theres two explanations for this:

1. Greg is a friend of the Antag and helped him on purpose
or
2. Greg lacks the fundamental understanding of how to play Security

Either way, he deserves a job ban for his actions. A week or so, so that he can actually read the space law book hes supposed to use as guideline. Theres plenty of crappy security officers in this game. Please give him a job ban so he can read up on Security and how to play it.
I fiugured this would happen...

I'm terribly sorry If I upset you, but I honestly believed the HoP/Captain, I figured the things people were telling me were excuses to be released. Eventually I did wised up and joined the resistance before the actual HoS murdered me out of insanity. It was never my intention to ruin anyone's round and I was just trying to RP. I've only been playing a few months
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #152418

This was already handled in game by myself. I ruled that Greg honestly didn't have a clue what the heck was going on and thought that he was borging antags. He only seemed to realize what was happening when I informed him that the autoborger could only be built by antagonist AIs. Also I think in the logs it showed he only actually killed a changeling.
I think this was a case of a clever hop antag outsmarting a bumbling detective and making him an unwitting accomplice for his crimes.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #152461

I was in this round, one of the people who helped stop the kill bot rampage. The shit the detective was party to was nothing short of full blown antagonist shenanigans, including supposedly asimov borgs harming people.

However, I honestly believe that the detective believed it was all above board, when I was talking to him about it he insisted that the captain (evil hop) had a loyalty implant. It seemed like a series of good intentioned mistakes by a newer player who did not want to rock the boat against a higher ranking officer. It sucks that a bunch of people were out of the round for a while but Kevin did try to borg you all, and it did create an interesting conflict
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #153194

In light of Shadowlight/Palpatine's post, as well as Wyzack, I'm considering this handled. PM me if you believe this was in error.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.